/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=_sRMEM6kwKs
moddb.com/mods/ghost-land/images
youtube.com/watch?v=PNT8e8RpB0w
media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/21/20696/ss_stipe_11-22-16_20-07-03_marsh.jpg
niceme.me/
youtube.com/watch?v=rwWEMl8RGkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

first for zombies

second for dooty > freedom

is Lost Alpha any good?

It's absolute garbage

5th for Lonerds

Go play OGSE instead.

6th for Azazel+Ironman is fucking rad

Seventh for Duty is autistic no fun fags

Kill yourself autist

If you try it, prepare for a clusterfuck

It's like if the mod had his story written by 5 different person from different nation and languages who each had their own plan for it, I'm not joking its a clusterfuck of fanfiction so stupid its a wonder they went ahead with it. Also there are cars but they are so buggy they end up being more of a bother and get caught in anomalies all teh fucking times, with the whirlpool or whatev launching you a good 200-300 feet in the air or that they can be affected by burers.

SNIPER OVERWATCH

>not SVD, SVT-40 or at very least Vintorez
What a fag

>slavshit
Get a load of this nerd.

>batteries meme in misery
>cant use detector,cant use pda, cant use nvgs when low
>batteries last for literally 3 minutes and cost 800 each time

yeah im modding this shit out where is the config for battery drain etc

>slav atmosphere, slav location, slav everything
>natoshit weapons
Get a load of this retard

It's a toggle in the menu, duder.

kek, I'm just using what I found

I'm surprised this actually worked though, never thought I'd successfully give sniper overwatch in fucking stalker. I ordered my guys to the cover in front of the church and they actually stayed in cover as I popped all the guys who came out of the front door. Only lost one guy

...Anonymous
01/22/17(Sun)17:39:54 No.166318926
Just started playing STCoP last night for the first time, and I'm having a blast. I just got to the barkeep after doing most of the sidequests, and it's great. Is the plot supposed to make sense though? It seems very nonsensical

>glorious mercs
>slav
heh

>slav names
>not slav
heh

axr_battery

Edit the mutant items file and get rid of the direct health damage from eating cooked meat, maybe dial back the radiation hit to about half or so. I get that shit ain't the healthiest stuff but something's fucking wrong when eating raw meat is *less* dangerous than cooking it.

Speaking of which, is there a way to cook stuff in CoM that isn't a pain in the ass, 'cause I seem to be the one guy who never learned the secret art of roasting shit over an open flame

>AO3 doesn't allow you to dismount the scope from SVD and other sniper rifles

I hate this.

There's an addon for cooking at campfires. Also you can use field cooking kit for roasting stuff, it works like one time coal stove

I thought Mercs were Polish/German except with the ability to speak Slav.

>play mod
>get modded on

just wait for GUNSLINGER :^)
why you had such a thought?

No

OGSE 0693 does it, why can't another meme mod?

Next STCoP patch will have scopeless Dragunov and Vintorez.

misery also does that
there's svd_alt; you can't upgrade attachable scope and it sucks

Post raifus

Sinok, me very dissapointent in you.

Fuck, this grandpa is giving me so much feels every time. Usually I get all the upgrades from him, I just wanna give an old man some money so he can spend his days without worrying about surviving.

how the fuck this ded can upgraded hi-tech suits and exoskeletons in a few seconds?

The full a life mod doesn't do enough. There are so many campfires & areas that were made for stalkers & mutants to go that are barren, even with spawns set to 1.5 or higher.

Also they don't really move from area to area enough. I've never seen factions or mutants assault loner areas or spread accrost the map & walk down the roads & paths to different sites, 90% of entities just sit there at their areas until someone comes close enough to piss them off.

There's so much more that could be done compared to SOC's best alife mods.

The warfare update can't come fast enough.

Also the quest systems for COC need a serious overhaul. Like having quests scale with your rank (distance, rewards, complexity).

Seriously half the damned quests i get send me out past the scorcher before i can get there, or to rescue stalkers from areas full of friendlies.

Or killing fuckers that won't get the hell out of areas like the bar that i need to cheeze the kill with a explosive canister.

Or sending a group of rookies past the scorcher to the red forest or the CNPP.

DoctorXQuestlines was cool, but it breaks quests too much.

>Fatalfunnel takes notes and buff the bleeding a ton.
That is definitely on my list of priorities, along with buffing a few of the anti-bleeding artifacts to compensate.

That's what it was supposed to do, was to act as a coagulant to prevent bleeding in the first place. In CoP they were meant to be taken before combat so that they would slow bleeding speed.

Seems like Zombies also don't have bleeding, but that's fine, they're Zombies.

Azazel + Ironman is better than regular Ironman because the spawn positions and loadouts are actually random.

It makes adding more artificial starting points somewhat pointless.

The maps are awesome, but everything else sucks.

What i'd give for a COC style mod with all those maps, a bunch of weapons like what weapon gulash adds & full functional alife with patrols, squad assaults & roaming stalkers.

>full a life mod
Not really a mod, just changing line 28 in _g.script from true to false.
>There are so many campfires & areas that were made for stalkers & mutants to go that are barren
If they don't have a spawn dictated in the 'smart' section of each level, they aren't going to spawn no matter how high you crank the population to.

I like the size of LA's maps and its many underground areas, but the maps themselves look overdone.

They are done with cars in mind.

>If they don't have a spawn dictated in the 'smart' section of each level, they aren't going to spawn no matter how high you crank the population to.

I know, but if there are so many spots in the maps that they could add spawns that they never did, places that look like they were made to that are always dead i wish i knew how cause holy shit it would give the game way more uncertainty as to where you'd deal with trouble.

The Mercenaries use NATO guns in general, but more specifically lots of German guns like HKs. I think I also remember dialogue in-game that mentions that the Mercenaries were from another country.

One thing too is that SOC had a lot of spawns where they'd be created at one area like an entrance or a hub & then migrate to and through to an area. I don't really see that in COC.

It'd be cool to see that kind of spawning again.

>They are done with cars in mind.
I know, and cars were always a stupid idea and many of the maps were simply too big, or designed in such a way that traversing them required elongating the player path, (like Forest.)

Though what I what I think was overdone with the LA maps had more to do with the copy and paste of every level asset as much as possible than just the size of the maps, which did at least make some of them feel less cramped.

I didn't play much LA but all I can remember about the maps is that cordon had a bigger boner for vegetation than fucking crysis

Any way to reactivate the minimap on Call Of Misery?

This reminds how it bothers me to have only ukies or ruskies in stalker's lore.
It's great atmosphere, but such phenomenon would be rided by most of nations.
Nato, UN or russian bases would give some realism, though would kill some lonely feeling which is great in stalker.

id like to do something with the music. The game has like 3 themes and id like to add more. but not just that. also things like different themes for when you fight against stalkers and mutants. Like how in ded space every time a necro jumps there is this terrifying music that makes you shit your pants.

A lot of LA's maps including Cordon were based on old Stalker build maps that were superior versions of the SoC maps which were eventually cut down drastically in size.

LA took a lot of the older maps, and then fleshed them out to the point where they added far too many level assets and underground areas in places where it felt like the devs went overboard with the SDK.

I don't like SoC's maps as much as the old build ones, since SoC's maps are claustrophobic and extremely violent, even though the CS ones that CoC uses have much better level assets and set pieces scattered about them.

A lot of the CoP maps were too large and open and not much stuff happens in them.

Some of the original CS maps, like Swamps, and Red Forest are my favorite, even if Red Forest itself has a terrible layout, Limansk and Hospital are examples of this, but then again even Swamps was a rebuilt 1935 Build map.

Holy fuck Ironman Azazel is so fucking cool. I don't think I'm going to deal with the story mode at all, is it any good?
Also, did anybody try out DoctorX Questlines? Worth?

Doctor x questlines adds some pretty cool shit, but it breaks the hostage quests & makes them a massive pain in the ass.

If you figured out how the spawn coordinates worked in the smart files, I think it would be trivial to add those locations.

You could make a badass "alt-spawn" mod.

>spent like two hours downloading CoC with my shitty internet
>extract
>37 corrupted files
hmmmmmmmm.........

>Die from a GRANATA in Azazel mode assaulting Freedom base as Monolith
>respawn as a Military Exofag with SVD
>the yellow bleeding from the grenade in my previous life carried over and I spawned with no bandages or med-kits
>die from bleeding
This is a bug right? Anyway to fix this?

Yeah, by not being a bitch

Not even just spawns, but places all factions migrate to & from, fight over, defend, hunt mutants, do their own jobs.

One modder did something like that for shadow of chernobyl, there were always stalkers moving from place to place killing mutants & taking the areas, some would splinter off & go to other places while others would set up camp in the spot & patrol and defend it.

Others would actually just roam randomly, and some groups would just assault the shit out of other hub areas.

There was constant give & take in each area between factions & mutants. It was pretty fucking awesome.

yeah effects carrying over in azazel is a bug, wait for the next release i guess

So far I've found there is either a man you can trade with quick or some box/supply stash in your starting area to fix this issue.

is there an english translation for Call of Misery's STCoP pack?

You could just machine translate it and touch it up manually in about ~20 minutes.

yes
search for the addons on appro

does anyone else have the error 54 thing?

What kind of a person puts so much time and effort into something like this all while thinking to himself that it will look good.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sRMEM6kwKs

If you think that's bad...
This will give you literal eye cancer

moddb.com/mods/ghost-land/images

I remember playing Ferr-um mod. It was fucking weird.
You started off with every gun in the game except for a few in your inventory, and you had a carrying weight of around ten thousand kilograms. Nothing made sense. Oh, and alpha squads were there, too.

if those mask overlays are like that only when armor is at very low durability then it honestly isn't so bad

youtube.com/watch?v=PNT8e8RpB0w
kek

Try 7-zip instead of Winrar, don't know

This is at full durability

media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/21/20696/ss_stipe_11-22-16_20-07-03_marsh.jpg

ew, well they can probably be disabled by deleting their corresponding scripts

can some explain what are anomalies and artifacts? using coc btw

anomalies are the things that you should sell
examples of anomalies: medusa, fireball. I also heard they can give bonuses to your character (sounds super cool), but I didn't figure out how
artifacts = avoid

dont you have that backwards?

niceme.me/

Who else /comfy/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=rwWEMl8RGkI

legitimately looking for info on how they work in game

then a legitimate answer would be to play the original three games from scratch

coc is an "acquired taste" made for fans of the series, you won't enjoy it if you don't play and like the games

I actually enjoy it quite a bit just wanted some light shed on what i read here and what i encounter in game. playing the stories is a fair point though

Lets say I wanted to lower the price of outfit upgrades. How would I go about doing that in the game files?

CoC is really just a sandbox to fuck around in after you've played the other games to death
Go play SoC right now

Not sure why you'd want to do that, since they're dirt cheap if you aren't using forester, but sure, why not.

gamedata/configs/misc/outfit_upgrades

Open each file and adjust the cost of each upgrade.

I'm convinced, I like coc so much i need to know the story and learn about the locations

Since you've already had a taste of modded Stalker, going back to vanilla is going to be shit-tier.

AMK 1.4.1 (or AMK AE 1.4.1) for SoC, AO+SRP merge for CS, and AO 3.1 or STCoP for CoP. All of which are found in their respective repositories.

Does anyone know what the point of lightable campfires in COM are other than the manual save option? Is the fireplace cooking addon updated to 1.0c for COM?

>COM
>50000ru CS body armor
>each upgrade is 11000ru

Thanks though.

thank you user

>memery
Well that explains it.

KIKE MERCHANTS AS A TOOL :^)

A E T H E T I C S, compromise between easy mode and iron meme and muh immersion.
Also fireplace cooking addon is updated to 1.0c and compatible with STCoP/AO.

If you go with AMK AE 1.4.1, consider grabbing my tweak pack on the repo. Comes with a lot of optional quality of life improvements that can (in my opinion) greatly improve the overall experience.

oh, so the idea is to use it to cut down on save scumming, yeah I guess that makes sense.

What's the best way to get food early on in CoM? Buying is out of the question with how expensive even the most basic (bread) is. Are you supposed to use dog meat for sustenance? They're the only mutant you can reliably run into all the time.

Ive been in the zone 7 days or so and have just been relying on food looted from bandits or food from stashes. Once you have the money you can get a multistove for around 8000ru and then you can buy 8l of fuel for like 1500ru.

How much is for a normal bread? Prices should be considerably lower now. At least from some traders. You should be able to buy "Abakan" tushonka for 1.5k from CSky barman.
Also boar meat is the best low-tier meat for eating. Boars should be common too.

what are the differences between ZRP and AMK as they are referred as the best Soc mods

Did anyone try Amnesia 2? Is it any good?

I heard there was a stash with a suit at the Truck Cemetery, but couldn't find it for the life of me. I checked all the buildings, and watch towers, but it's hard to keep track of the trucks.

ZRP is basically just an unofficial patch that also has some optional tweaks. AMK is an overhaul that doesn't alter the story, but revamps and improves the gameplay.

It's just sitting out on the ground. I'm playing JP2 at the moment, but if you can screenshot me the truck cemetary map with the anomaly blips, I can roughly pinpoint it for you.

So I'm playing around with the outfit upgrade prices. If I set an upgrade to cost 1000 in the files its costs around 2000 in game. Is this normal or is COM doing some thing funky to the pricing?

Also does anyone know of a guide for changing the outfit upgrades and what the values represent.

For example is a radiation upgrade of +0.00033 a lot? What represents 100% radiation resistance?

I feel like some of the upgrades are too weak by default. I would like to do some editing but I dont want to have to boot up the game every time I make a single change to the config files just to test the effect.