VW owns pretty much every well known European car brand from luxurious audi to sporty porsche and legendary bugatti...

>VW owns pretty much every well known European car brand from luxurious audi to sporty porsche and legendary bugatti lamborghini
>gets it ass kicked by company that produces boring [spoiler]and let's be honest[/spoiler] rather overpriced shitboxes
>honda makes engines to everything from lawn mowers to F1 sportcars
>still less the 1/8 profits of a brand known for nothing except for cars
Can someone explain the Toyota magic to me.Is selling cars to old people and trucks to third world militias really the one way to succeed!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfpZRbjzeUU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Toyotas
>overpriced

>VWs
>not overpriced

It's fucking ridiculous what kind of money they're asking for cars with the same tech as Skodas and Seats in them. And people continue to pay for that crap.

Your opinions are shit, dude.

>VW
>not overpriced
Is today opposite day?

where the fuck do you live?
vws cost just as much as any other brand
unless you mean VAG
then probably you understand basic economics

Toyota still has a reputation for being stupid reliable. Doesn't matter how much truth there is to that. Ultimately most consumers don't care about performance or driving feel (see: FF being the dominant drivetrain, crossovers existing, etc)

So it's a cheap, reliable, appliance. I have one. It's second fiddle to my WRX but there's a lot to be said for the unkillable shitbox.

Germany. I can have a Ford Focus ST for the price of a slowfag Golf with a few options because absolutely fucking everything is an option on VWs so they can really milk you. And the Ford will probably be more reliable and cheaper in dealership check ups.

>And the Ford will probably be more reliable and cheaper in dealership check ups.

LMAO, look a this deluded faggot.

the gti and st have the same msrp
don't they?

Let's go down the list.

Toyota's own cars are cheaper, more reliable, and generally better in every way than VW cars which are also very boring.

Lexus completely and utterly BTFOs Audi in every single aspect.

Lamborghini and Bugatti are no legends, they are known solely as status symbols for shitskins and people with no taste in cars.

And let's not forget the LFA. The only car that VAG has made that even comes close to it is the Carrera GT, and that was the fruit over 50 years of muh german engineering, compared to Lexus' first try.

Basically, Toyota's magic is making better cars. The one way to succeed in the car industry is making better cars. Any questions?

Lexus is better than audi for reliability, I own a Lexus and an audi, but the drive is much more sporty and firm on the Audi.

>luxury car
>sport and firm
No

oh please

I totally second this

It doesn't have to be soft to be luxurious. The German leather and drive is overall stiffer because it is more dynamic.

Yeah but Audis really don't have a comfortable ride. They're some of the worst offenders of "sporty" bucket seats and giant wheels with low sidewall tires on them for pretending your family sedan handles like a sports car.

t. German

Toyota's business model of affordability going beyond just the sticker price is probably the biggest factor. Fuel Efficiency is usually on the higher end of each class, things rarely break and when they do its not outrageous to have it rectified, and their cars aren't too costly to insure.

All of this combined keeps value retention high, so as an investment it's better than most other vehicle brands.

Japan excels at anything they do because of one thing.

Science.

They will distill everything great about something you love whether it's scotch, beer, cars, food, what ever they set themselves out to do and do it technically better than your favorite brand. It is robotic in it's perfection.

Which is why they also suck at everything they do. Because of their mechanical efficiency they lack those slight imperfections, that give character and soul, those chaotic inefficiencies of Wabi Sabi that add character, and soul, and flavor and passion.

>And let's not forget the LFA. The only car that VAG has made that even comes close to it is the Carrera GT
But the Cerrara GT when driven by the same driver was usually faster than even the Nurburgring Edition LFA on the Nurburgring and it came out long before the LFA and it was VAG's first attempt at something like that as well.

I don't really think that quite answers OP's question about Toyota i mean one of the examples he gave was Honda which is a japanese company like Toyota that makes everything from Generators to Formula One engines and even designed a Jet but still Toyota is larger than them despite being exposed to less product market lines.

>Japan excels at anything

I don't know man, when Apple made the first smart phone it obviously revolutionize nearly the entire tech industry and ever since has inspired many people including the japanese to do it "technically better" than Apple and yet every time a new Iphone is launched it is almost a ceremonial event with people lining up to get one and apple seems to remain a dominate force in that market. I think the Koreans have actually did it better than the Japanese with the Galaxy phones and the Korean tech industry (samsung, LG, etc) has pushed back giants like Sony who's products use to dominate. Not an apple fan BTW and hate most of their products but i do admire Steve Jobs.

>Toyota is overpriced
>Volkswagen isn't

Apple has been and was never at any one point in time driven by anything other than marketing.

Even an absolute layman at anything ever should be able to tell that much. Indeed the galaxies are usually superior in every aspect or, if not, then merely many while usually being cheaper as well.

Poptarts.

You realize Japan had the most advanced phone market in the world before iPhone?

Toyota magic/10

>toyota
>reliable

*dies in an electrical fire*

>those chaotic inefficiencies of Wabi Sabi that add character
But wabi sabi is LITERALLY a jap concept

forgive me but what car is this

my rav 4 has ran for 13 years and 180k miles with only 5-8 oil changes.
Only parts that die are the battery due to cold and long periods of it sitting and chassis because of rust from salt and winter.

It still runs well.

chaser

is it xa10? 3d? What engine?

thank u user

>Indeed the galaxies are usually superior in every aspect or, if not, then merely many while usually being cheaper as well.
hahahaahahaha

They make cars that are mindcurshingly normal.
You don't go to a toyota dealer and be excited about buying a fucking Yaris. You go there, get the fucking thing and drive home with your soul deprived car, thinking, "well, its reliable and I kinda like it".

Jzx100

How exactly are iPhones better than Galaxies?

Don't worry, I'll wait for you to "think differently" about your overpriced "form"-over-function contraption. How about you go and take a look at some 2014 Note 4's and then hang yourself for wasting your cash over that bitten fucking apple

Unless you get an IS, or the sport series from Lexus, Audi's entry A4 handles better than the rest of the bloated sedans from Lexus.

if you want to sound credible and appear to know what you're saying, at least don't start a sentence with "i don't know man".

>FF yurobarge
>handling better than anything

its real obvious you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. and if you're using a note 4 as your benchmark you should go back and check your work cause those things had a fuckload of software issues. don't forget the stupid issues with their pen they had too. try to lurk /g/ some more.
you wanna talk about innovative? give me a break. shit like touchwiz is solid proof that samsung can't do anything good unless they copy it first.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfpZRbjzeUU

HOW CAN THE GERMAN BOII EVEN COMPETE ?????????

>
>its real obvious you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Never thought I'd use the term "not an argument" unironically.

>and if you're using a note 4 as your benchmark you should go back and check your work cause those things had a fuckload of software issues.

[citation needed]
Also even if they do atleast custom roms are an alternative not available on your retarded hunks of shit you blindly support.

> don't forget the stupid issues with their pen they had too. try to lurk /g/ some more.

I had my Note 4 for 2 years and I honestly have never experienced such a thing. But sure, you just keep on grasping at straws

>you wanna talk about innovative? give me a break. shit like touchwiz is solid proof that samsung can't do anything good unless they copy it first.

Lmao if there's an argument that cannot be used to scold Apple's competitors it's lack of creativity and innovation. The first Macintosh OS was a blatant fucking ripoff of Windows NT predecessor. Nigger the most original thing Apple had done with their products in the last 5 fucking years was remove the 3.5mm jack from the cryPhone 7. And no, lightning adapters for the low low price of like 10% of the phone's price are neither a bargain or a consideration because there's a slight chance you maybe CANNOT CHARGE AND LISTEN TO SHIT AT THE SAME TIME. MORON

The specs are EXTREMELY subpar compared to Galaxies and their price does NOT reflect that. Atleast Galaxies are worth their MSRP (atleast compared to Apple). And let's not even mention their battery lives and the memory capabilities (SD cards)

meant to reply to

I worked as a repair tech for phones. samsung phones were by FAR the most common ones we saw for repairs. just because you had one working note 4 doesn't mean others weren't defective.

Also they have a cheap adapter to charge and use a headphone port at the same time for iphone 7's.

And why are you even arguing custom roms. if you need a custom rom to change anything on your phone then it was shit in the first place and you're modifying it to make it less shit.

This gen iphone has had the best battery i've ever used in a phone. i can go 2 days easy with using it for work. Memory isn't an issue because data clouds exist. memory slots are fucking useless. what do you even use it for. music and video?

Samsung fucking sucks dude. they were caught selling customers information and tapping into smart TV's, not to mention the red line trick they were caught for which made their image "sharp and innovative". they suck at appliances. Their S7's fucking blew up for christ sake. How are you defending them.

I'll admit iphones may not be the best, but they're way better than samsung. If you said a different phone like the G5, the sony experia, the pixel, this would be a different conversation entirely.

>gets it ass kicked
VW is bigger than Toyota.

VW is garbage. Naturally it's overpriced.

>
>I worked as a repair tech for phones. samsung phones were by FAR the most common ones we saw for repairs. just because you had one working note 4 doesn't mean others weren't defective.

Trump is a transexual Apache-kin with a toe fetish.
See? I can say random shit without evidence too! That doesn't make it true though. Slight overhead there

>Also they have a cheap adapter to charge and use a headphone port at the same time for iphone 7's.

Why the fuck would you want a non OEM chinkshit adapter for something that is considered a global staple? Since every manufacturer offers a 3.5mm jack I think it's fair to compare the OEM adapter itself. Not denying their existence m8, I'm just pointing out the Chinese "quality" (had a double capacity battery for my Note that came with a plastic panel to replace the battery cover. Broke down in like 2 days, and the battery was worse than the original 3200mah one. lmao)

>And why are you even arguing custom roms. if you need a custom rom to change anything on your phone then it was shit in the first place and you're modifying it to make it less shit.

Okay that's a point. Touchwiz is ass
But my argument was more along the lines of customization which iPhones do not possess

>This gen iphone has had the best battery i've ever used in a phone. i can go 2 days easy with using it for work. Memory isn't an issue because data clouds exist. memory slots are fucking useless. what do you even use it for. music and video?

What happens where you're somewhere that has no coverage? Also if you're using mobile data have fun downloading a 30GB zip file containing all your shit and paying your phone's worth in data charges

1/2

>Samsung fucking sucks dude. they were caught selling customers information and tapping into smart TV's, not to mention the red line trick they were caught for which made their image "sharp and innovative". they suck at appliances. Their S7's fucking blew up for christ sake. How are you defending them.

I'm not defending Samsung m8, I hate their guts as well. You think I liked it when they stopped selling removable battery devices because some millenials kept crying their phones weren't slim enough and couldn't fit in their pockets because their fatass thighs occupied most of that space?

The Note 7's blew up, yeah okay I don't deny that. Let's hope it was just an isolated incident. The Note 8 is coming up this summer so we'll see how that goes

One thing I like about Apple is their respect to their users's privacy. Ever heard of the FBI asking Apple to crack an iPhone's password so they could access it's terrorist owner's data? Yeah they refused and were sent to court. Although I'm guessing that was more of a public eye stunt.

>I'll admit iphones may not be the best, but they're way better than samsung. If you said a different phone like the G5, the sony experia, the pixel, this would be a different conversation entirely. Another argument but I'm telling you the hurdle I have with them is their inflated price tags. Their specs are total ass compared to other flagships and you can't see that because of iOS's optimization. If they weren't so fucking expensive they would have actually filled out the form over function niche. Now they're just sucking consumer pockets dry because of consumer loyalty. Every manufacturer is shit tbqh. Nokia used to be based but they were acquired by Micro$oft and that led to their downfall.

2/2

for data i download the music library and switch them out. or i just use a music streaming service. Admittedly that may not be a good option to everyone, but i've never had issues with data overages or anything either.

Also that adapter for charging and headphones is OEM.

That FBI thing kinda sucked. if you ever read further on it or anything they ended up having to do it for the FBI. still a cool move for them to stand up though

>
>for data i download the music library and switch them out. or i just use a music streaming service. Admittedly that may not be a good option to everyone, but i've never had issues with data overages or anything either.
>Also that adapter for charging and headphones is OEM.
>
>That FBI thing kinda sucked. if you ever read further on it or anything they ended up having to do it for the FBI. still a cool move for them to stand up though

To be honest concerning that specific case I don't blame the FBI for sending them to court. What mattered was Apple's will to stand up for their principles and customers. Samsung is turning into absolute shit with their bloatware and bullshit carrier exclusive devices (like the S5 and S6 Active, never got a chance at them cause I don't live in the Land of the Free

Apple ain't that bad, they don't hype shit their products wont have. Their macs are actually really nice. Overpriced to hell and back though

Oh shit

>The only car that VAG has made that even comes close to it is the Carrera GT
The Carrera GT was not even a VAG product.
Porsche and VAG had always been close but didn't start to merge until 2005, and even then it was Porsche taking over until Volkswagen turned tables in 2009.

A more comparable actual VAG car to the LFA would be the Audi R8, which has slightly better straight line performance but takes half a minute longer around the Burgerring.

It's almost like it was used intentionally...

the latest galaxies have the reliability of an italain supercar