What's a good car stereo I can get for around $200-250?

What's a good car stereo I can get for around $200-250?

Live in Australia, if that matters at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

pioneer.com.au/product-category/car/car-stereo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A replacement stock one.

I don't think I'd know where to get a stock R34 stereo.

And besides, I need one with bluetooth connectivity, I don't like using an AUX.

Bluetooth is shit. An aux adapter or tape to aux adapter is perfectly fine.

But the wire gets in the way with an AUX.

Bluetooth is shit. I can confirm this. Just get an cheap Chinese am FM cassette radio.

whats wrong with blutoof m8

lets me use my steering wheel audio controls to change songs rather than fishing for my phone while driving

Pioneer makes some decent head units in the $100-$150 USD range. I just installed one in my pickup truck today that has bluetooth, audio jack, front usb port, mic for hands-free calls, etc. Make sure you get one that has customizable lighting so you can match it to your car's interior.

Pioneer Kenwood and JVC are good

If you don't want one that looks like dogshit get a Kenwood or Pioneer with Android Auto and Car Play support. You will never use a CD or cassette or DVD player so don't even bother.

just picked up a lightly used kenwood flac playing one for $15

XAV-AX100

Over your budget but don't skimp on this shit. Realistically you want something that can interface with your smartphone and that's about it.

Thanks, I'll check out Pioneer and Kenwood

>$600

You weren't kidding about it being over my budget, god damn.

All these are great

Even pick up the older versions used they are brilliant

pioneer.com.au/product-category/car/car-stereo/

Buy a keinzel rebrand from jaycar
They look oem and have everything
It will fit your late 90's dash

jaycar stuff is rubbish

Get a Pioneer used for like $50

Just stick your phone to the dash and angle it towards you

Enjoy your $500,000 driver-oriented luxury interior

>What's a good car stereo I can get for around $200-250?

Go to the various online sites such as Crutchfield and see what units are the current rage for pioneer, alpine, kenwood. You want one with a removable faceplate. That kiboshes the thieves.

The car is only original once. Keep it original. Use an adapter.

fuck you autist if I want goddamn aux port in my car I will have an aux port in my goddamn car

I've installed multiple pioneer units and they always get compliments / work very well.

The best thing to do is get a tiny 32-64gb flashdrive, one of those ones the size of a penny and simply plug it into the head unit with all your music organized by artist -> album -> 01-trackname.mp3

Bluetooth is compressed and flat out worse than... anything. Aux is better.

If you have to use aux and don't want a cable getting in the way, either tie up the cable neatly or buy a cable like pic related, then get a magnetic phone mount where you slip a magnet underneath the phone case and just stick the phone to the mount and plug in the aux cable each time, and pretend the phone is your head unit.

get one that plugs into the back of the radio, like where the cd changer is/would be

Honestly for a double DIN it's worth it. Or you can get a Kienzle single DIN and fill the second DIN with boost controllers and other shit.

The jaycar headunit is pretty decent, not studio grade but fine for driving a loud road noise r34
Also most people who ask this question have no idea what quality audio is