/reg/ - Resident Evil General

someone fill this shit for me I'm too lazy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ieg6s00s5XI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RESIDENT EVIL 7

OH MY GOD

Holy fuck I can't play. Just can't do it man.
I can't believe how much of a sissy bitch I am.

Anyone able to play on steam? It says it's out but I can't get the last patch it just fails. I'm

You okay user?

Anyways, try restarting Steam.
But also check and see if its still unpacking, shit takes forever.

The boss fights in this game are incredibly hokey but incredibly awesome

OC meme potential.

Anyone found the lockpick in the Guest house at the start of the game?
I looked everywhere and couldnt find the damn thing and I want to know whats in the drawer in the kitchen.

This one? There was a toolbox in the save room that had a lockpick. All this had was Heal Potion.

W E W

The most predictable death in a Resident Evil since Robert Kendo.

No user Im talking about the house you first go the the guest house, the one that looked like the demo stage.
In that area in the kitchen is a locked drawer but I didnt find the lockpick to open it and after the boss fight you cant go back to that area so I am wondering what I missed.

Doesn't really matter, does it? You lose everything after the boss fight.

anyone know how to get in the dissection room? looked everywhere for a key twice already

Epic webm lad I r8 a 10/10

Anyone know what the toy hatchet does?
I know the toy gun lets you get the broken shotgun back which you can fix with the repair kit but I dont know what the other toy does.

You need to solve the puzzle in the basement, the room with the slabs for bodies.
Look at the clue and open the name with 3 As then open the one with the bloody handprint.

where is torrent

nice on the rail cinematic cutscene game.
combat? nonsexistent. survival? find the magic trigger button and jump to the next "puzzle"

AAA did it once again.

I'm used to playing RE games on Expert. Should I play on Madhouse even though this is my first time playing?

Is the Magnum worth it?

You guys need to turn down your brightness holy shit. Also I feel like I'm playing STALKER sometimes.

oh neat an RE general

it's a shame that not even at peak interest in the series could keep an RE general alive...

Most people who would post in it are probably avoiding this general like the plague out of fear of spoilers.

Also: youtube.com/watch?v=Ieg6s00s5XI

Accurate depiction of the plot premise presented in the first few hours.

no

on normal by the end i found a total of 11 ammo for the magnum

shotgun is the best anyway

>total length: 5 hours

This shit is really that short?

good thing I'm not buying this then

Guest house is still a nice sandbox for learning things, so more exploration is better.

I really like how much it acts as a rearrange of the Beginning Hour demo, though. Sorta goads you into trying to see how much of your memory from the demo applies to the full game. Rather than a handholding sort of tutorial experience it just throws you in there, reminds you occasionally of certain mechanics, and says "hey, you're a big guy, you'll learn it as you go. HAVE FUN!"

Not as tightly executed as the REmake tutorial hallway, but still quite good for a sequence that ultimately doesn't put anything extra in your pocket when it's over, other than that Codex watch.

>RE7 just launched today
>this thread is dead
is it really bad or what

Nah. It's actually decent. A lot of shitlords on /v/ are bitching but eh. I'm really liking it so far.

I went to bed early last night so I'm playing today. A friend called a bit ago saying that the mold monsters only take a few shots to the head to kill them.

Jack's an asshole. I'm not used to the hiding/sneaking yet. Granted I'm not too far into the game.

Most people who are interested are playing it rather than shitposting.

What's the difference between the 2 colour space options on PC?

Moreover what the fuck is HDR mode and why can't I use it?

Should I have the shotgun by the time i get into the basement area?

By the time you grab the scorpion key, you're good to go on the shotgun.

So that's I guess maybe 2/3rds of the foyer section?

>4 shotgun shells and about 4 handgun rounds to kill one of those slime things

really nigga

/v/ is full of people trying to dissuade anyone from discussing or enjoying the game, so I think the people who do enjoy it are either playing or discussing elsewhere, or in between the incessant shitposting.

are the molded mutated corpses?

i'd think that if they were made from livestock humans you'd actually find other living people in the house

What do you think you and Mia are?

Not corpses really, just humans that "turned".

>game automatically binds a mouse button, that I always unbind because I accidentally press it constantly, to 'use meds'
>no way to unbind
f u c k
o f f

So how long IS this game? Anybody get through it so far? Is there replay ability?

How the FUCK am I supposed to beat Marguerite?
I pump 30 shotgun shells, 200 units of burner fuel, and four incendiary grenades right into her vag-hive-na and it just makes her more angry.

You need to damage her till she charges you then she runs off.

Beat in about 8 hours total. It's not that long. The early RE games were also pretty short, but only if you already knew all the correct paths and secrets.

It feels like they spent most of their time on the house and the Bakers, and didn't really have much for follow through in later sections, so they're much shorter and simpler.

Ship took ages if you explored it, the mines/lab was pretty straightforward.
The game I noticed actually followed the script of RE1 to a degree.
You start in a mansion, then go outside to a garden like area, then go to a wooden house like area down the garden path, but then you go to another house instead of back to the mansion that leads outside again to a spooky area then you get the mines and the lab.
So it does sorta have a flow like RE1 but they made the lab smaller and put the cave at the end of the game.

This. I have no idea how many posts i saw saying
>literally outlast!
>literally cod!
>its on rails!

I hope people actually decide to play the game for themselves and develop their own opinion

post cute Mia screenshots

I did do quite a bit of exploring in the ship, but even then it didn't take me very long.

I agree about the flow, but I think unlike RE1 they put most of the narrative in the house, where in RE1 parts of it come out in different sections.

Are you playing on the hardest? It's taking me about 3 quick headshots with the pistol and 1-2 shots with the shotgun up close. I'm on normal.

I would think they're mutated corpses. When you go to the morgue and read the note it says that they put someone in the furthest left section. When you open it there's a molded monster.

They have the tapes which serve as plot explanations to explain away about what happened to certain people and who Mia really was.
Also the DLC should help explain certain things like if Redfield is Redfield or actually HUNK.

Fair point. I thought the tapes were a nice touch overall.

I like how you can actually change things in the current time if you do stuff in the past, like the boat where you can open all the doors with Mia in the past and take all the loot in the present.

I remember starting the very first RE general on Veeky Forums, way back when...

half the posts were people saying "IT'S NOT GONNA STICK OP"

then someone else made a second thread and it violently plunged into yelling and shitposting and died at a fraction of the posts of the first

every general I've seen since then has had pretty poor post numbers but this might be the longest lasting one I've seen in a while

also is RE7 good? and if so, is it $60 good? I mean, I'm gonna get it anyway eventually, I just don't want to spend $60 all willy nilly

I'm six hours in, and it's a lot of fun. It manages to very proficiently bridge the line between horror and humour like a good RE should. I get very heavy Alien: Isolation vibe from it, so if you like that chances are you'll like this.

No reason to pay $60, though. Set me back 41 ausbucks.

After beating the game I feel like it's missing the final area. I was expecting to get one more big interconnected, maze-like area. But instead the final boss just shows up and things end quite suddenly.

I beat the game woo

>some dickhead cuts my leg off
>fall on the ground
>get a prompt to pick up my leg
>do
>crawl around for 30 seconds dying
What was the point of that?

>Try out madhouse mode
>Jack literally fucking runs after you
>You cant run away from him because its take two steps and get grabbed
>He can one shot you with one hit from his shovel
>After the garage he instantly respawns and comes after you again
>He can spawn anywhere in the house
>If you kill him, after you leave the room he instantly respawns again
Holy fuck you need to have all the special items just to do Madhouse mode, its fucking insanely hard.

Can you use your unlocks first time in madhouse mode? Does the albert gun have unlimited ammo or is it a pistol?

Everything you unlock you can use in Madhouse mode.
The replica Albert-1 has 3 shots and is just a handgun that does decent damage.
It will not help in Madhouse since it is hard as hell.

Wait, so RE7 is entirely First Person?

Got my first repair kit. Is the repaired broken handgun much better than the standard handgun, or should I repair the shotgun instead?

lol

That is correct and it's better for it.

Wouldn't you have to give up the standard shotgun to repair the 'broken' one? Wasn't even aware repair kits were a thing.

Brightness really turns this game into something else. Here's what I was playing at.

And here's just 4 notches down.

Nah it's more like 8+ the first time, same as the other resident evil games.

After the 2nd boss and getting the snake key you can get a toy shotgun in Lucas's room and use that to get both guns.
Also the Shotgun shits all over the handgun, handgun is nice but the makarov is just as good.

Attention:
Anyone going for the use the box only 3 times trophy and item you can never use the box as you must use it 3 times in game.
1: To get past Lucas's trap
2: After the trap
3: After the Mia, ship section.

Which is tape is the "party room" tape?

Because i have no fucking clue but appearantly i did it.

thanks

icameheretolaughatyou.png

Literally the biggest letdown of the year.
If anyone preordered I hope you feel the burn as capcom fucks you unlubed with hyperspeed up the ass.

It's finally over.

i didnt know getting fucked in the ass was this much fun

cant wait to perorder RE8

This reply is the most capdrone type of reply I've yet to witness.
>same as the other resident evil games.
No. It's not the "same". Just because the back of the box says the numbers match does not mean it is you advertiser. Stop shilling this game.
There is 0 HOURS of REPLAYVALUE in this.
Don't be fooled by the capdrones they will get drowned out sooner or later.

wow Outlast 2 shills or Kojimadrone are really mad

On what grounds do you make these claims?
Remember that this is a thread for people playing the game, if you regurgitate nu-/v/ memes it'll be very obvious you haven't played it.

Tell me about the unlockables please.

What about them?

Anyone got an accurate list of unlockables and thier tasks ? Google is giving links to shit that's either incomplete or contradicts each other

Ill tell you what I know user.
X-Ray Specs: Beat the game in 4 hours or less. Counts as an infinite see all items pill.
Saw: Melee weapon, Beat the game but only heal 3 times or less. Note that Steroids do heal you but are counted as steroids and do not count as heals.
R-Albert-1: Replica of the gun used to kill the final boss, uses 3 bullets, handgun, does tons of damage but weaker than a shotgun.
Infinite Ammo: Beat the game on Madhouse mode.
Running Shoes: Beat the game only using the box 3 times. (Note you have to use the box 3 times so you can never use the box outside of those 3 times)

Is there a graphical setting I can change so the screen stops getting darker and brighter depending on what I look at

How hard is 7?

I have only played the first one and I couldn't fucking complete it because I ran out of stuff I think, can't remember much else. Should I even bother with this?

Solid game but shorter than I would have liked. Has Soft Reboot written all over it. I thought it did a good job of bringing the series back down to its roots of some poor fuckers stuck in a big house.

It could have used more enemy variety. Actually, it could have used more variety in general. Some of the plot points aren't really tied off, or at least they weren't tied off in my playthrough. I'm still not sure exactly what Mia was doing in the three years since she originally disappeared or why.

Worth the $48 I paid for it. I don't understand all the hate this game is getting and I really don't understand why people say "it's not Resident Evil!" Part of the game felt like the REmake, part of the game almost felt like STALKER, and overall it did a good job of creating a suspenseful atmosphere.

Oh also, there's a repair kit under the house behind a sheet of metal on the front of the house. You can use it to fix up the Broken Handgun to make an M19(11) or fix the Broken Shotgun for an over-under shotgun. There's a second repair kit but it's the item in the third treasure photo.

Change the Running shoes to.
If you smash all 20 Mr Everywhere statues you get them.
Not sure if you need to do it in one run or not.

you can avoid most enemies if you run out of ammo

Let me rephrase.
Is it possible to fuck up so bad and not be able to finish the game? Run out of healing items/ammo whatever?

Because pretty sure that happened to me in the first game. I'm not a good player.

post boypucci

I ran out of ammo at some point and just ran past most enemies and closed doors to keep them from coming in. So no you can still progress if you run out of items

oh yeah and there is an easy mode too if you really suck that much

Thanks.

Last question, can I switch difficulty mid game or do you have to start a new game?

>can I switch difficulty mid game
no

Okay, thanks.
Fuck it, I'll buy it and hope for the best.

What the hell are you meant to do in that Mia tape part? I hide a couple of times and then end up in a dead end. I can't progress, just keep looping around in the same few rooms.

Also, in general, I have to say I hate the bullshit parts where someone is chasing you and you don't know what you're exactly meant to do so you just have to die a few times (e.g. get run over by a car) before you figure it out. It ruins any kind of tension because then the game just becomes repeating the same bits, annoyed and without any atmosphere.

Okay, can you do the early Mia part, when she goes nuts, without taking damage? That part puts me through 2 health tonic things yet there's a trophy to only use 3.

To be honest, in the first game you can actually kill every enemy and still end up with over 100 handgun bullets and a load of grenade rounds, possibly some shotgun shells but they tend to get used on hunters quite a lot. The Tyrant at the end goes down to about 4 acid rounds, it's hilarious. I remember it being way harder when I was about 15 but played it recently and was surprised.

This is the actual first game, not REmake which is, what, the 8th game or something, maybe higher.

I have a weird thing going on where I can connect my pc either to a traditional small screen on desk with keyboard + mouse or a 40 inch tv and play with a controller.

What would be the best way and scariest for this game?