/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

SMT HD Game and 3DS game planned in the works: shin-megamitensei.jp/

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation: youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

Participate in the current /smtg/ sings:
collabedit.com/uvwta
pastebin.com/dKLqugTC

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/sBJjhw7f

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

zelenin is cute

I want to fuck Asherah

Oh yeah

too bad she's a lawfag

>this fight
>it's the third boss in a row
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

git gud you piese of shet

Is final full of edgy anime dialogue like that pic?

Did you guys literally forget how to make new threads?

yeah, it was my first time be gentle

never OP my general again

What the shit is this I just want to punch YHVH

I'm sorry bub

what the fuck game is this labyrinth from

bitch that aint eridanius

its Apocalypse, AKA the worst SMT game

I just say it because the 2 previous threads were archived before anyone could link to a new one.

Apocalypse does have a lot of angst, but despite what /smtg/ and /r/MegaTen say, I still highly recommend it. I'm still having fun with it.

Hi /r/megaten.

Yes but they make for good screencaps.

The entire conflict of Apocalypse is Power of Friendship vs "Fuck it I'll do it myself"

That said Maitreya in particular dislikes attachments of any kind in general on the grounds of "You can only find your own truth for yourself" and other 2deep4u mumbo jumbo. He's probably my favorite of the Divine Powers.

Seriously. It's impossible to please Megami Tensei fans.

Just make another nocturne

fuck you nocturne is what brought this cancer

Nocturne 2: Electric Demon Waifu

Tower of Kagatsuchi was way goddamn worse.

False

What is this meme?
Oh yes, SMTIV and FINAL are such good games. huh?

Nah, it's mostly the generals only.

Nocturne, IV, and Apocalypse were all good games though.

>start Final the other day
>have to start the game anew
>not godlike like Flynn anymore
>have to go through the chores of recruiting demons all over again
>not enough slots in the stock for all unique demons in literally the first two areas of the game
>don't want to fuse demons who haven't learned all their skills yes
>don't have enough skill slots for the resulting demons to inherit all the skills
>if I expand my stock I won't have enough skill slots
>if I buy more skill slots I won't have enough space in stock

I enjoy SMT IV Final. Fight me.

Cool, I wouldn't like to be your friend, friend.

I enjoy SMT IV Apocalypse. Join me.

You wouldn't want to be my friend because we don't like the same video games?

Yeah bro.

I enjoy all mainline games. Fight me.

What a fag. I'd clean all of the boogers out of your nose and pin your nostrils wide open then proceed to fuck you in the ass with a heated metal dildo if I ever came in contact with you.

>tfw no one likes Raidou

And I'm not talking about the character, I mean the actual games.

How hot are we talking here?

I like them, but they're far from perfect, especially the first.

very

Does anyone know who composed the music for Jack Bros?

I did

Confess your SMT related sins sons of man you'll feel better I promise

I want to impregnate concept design Toki.

I blindly bought all the DLC for Final and actually use the Macca one so I can dress up my edgelord.

I used a chest to instantly master equiped mantras because I didn't feel like grinding to master them

I like concept Toki's hat but nothing else.

>rise with a hat

I recruited a team of female demons in nocturne and had them petrified and jerked off to them freezing and shattering
top that

I daydream holding hands with Scathach.

I refuse to accept Doi as the new character designer for the next SMT games. His demons are fine though.
I like Yasuda's art.
I don't like DDS.

pretty much

I can't really self-insert in games but I kind of like Apocalypse for having a cast of characters that openly appreciate and even obsess over Nanashi, partially because deep down I actually crave affection and acceptance from other people despite my actions and insistence on the contrary.

>2nd spoiler
This is beyond redeemable.
Far, and beyond the worst sin anyone could possibly commit.

Even worse than slaying YHVH? Will I get the eternal punishment too?

self-insert retard

Absolutely.
We can only hope you'll suffer a fate even worse.

You brought this on your own self.

Self inserting is next to impossible though, I have no idea how people do it.

Self inserting is for autistic lonely waifu fags anyways. Don't do it, that character is not you and you're not that character. And you never will be.

Well yeah, that's the entire problem. I can't relate to the characters in these games on any level. Not just these games, any game really, even with games where you make your own character.

Then don't, I never did, I still enjoy stories, even tear up sometimes.
I see myself more as the string master in games.
If you know Earthbound or Baten Kaitos, they did it best as in they gave the player the role of being the player.

For games with character editor, I simply make up characters and roll with it. They are them and not power fantasies of myself, if anything simply things I like I or see as fitting.

>I can't relate to the characters in these games on any level.
I don't really see why people want to relate to characters in video games. Or any media.

Not the same user but the combat and especially the demon catching mechanic in the 2nd Raidou game are turning me off pretty hard.

I really liked how he used to just shove them in his sticks, because as a demon cop, he shouldnt give a shit about them.

my name is actually Nanashi so it made things much easier and is probably why apocalypse is my favorite mainline

Self inserting is the most fun thing to do when playing these games because you know, it's an RPG (Role-Playing Game). I almost always do it. It's nice to get away from my life for a while and pretend I'm Nanashi/Flynn/Demi-fiend/whatever.

I'm having troubles finding the PC for the relic recovery quest.
Guides say it's supposed to be either in northwest Shinjuku, and I can't find it there, or as a quest reward but I've done all other challenge quests except Osiris's Resurrection and the Hunter Tournament Finals, and I've not gotten it yet.
Now I'm right before the part where you have to kill Lilith.

Take the eastern exit in Shinjuku. It should be in the first area outside, top left corner. Although I dunno if it's supposed to be 100% gather chance or not. Because the fucking smartphones weren't. So save before you interact with it.

Checked Eastern shinjuku for 3 or so real life days straight now, it's definitely not there for me. At this point I can only assume it spawns randomally somewhere in the whole world.

Maybe, I just finished my own first playthrough, so I'm not exactly an expert on this game. But that's where I found it.

Why is Neutral path literally sidequest the game? Wtf?

Don't tell me you were going to avoid content in the game you were playing unless it forced you to do it.
Hell, you don't even need to fight Beelzebub for the Neutral Ending, and it's the hardest fight in the game after Minotaur and Medusa.

>Don't tell me you were going to avoid content in the game you were playing unless it forced you to do it.
That's how I always play. Sidequests are generally the lowest effort parts of the game anyway

Okay listen up.
Don't know my exact score.
Cynical man says I'm hard to get a handle on.
Sided with Johnatan, still need to kill Lilith.
Done all sidequests expect the pc recovery and Osiris's Resurrection.
Am I good to go on for neutral?

>it's an RPG
JRPGs don't really have that same freedom and choices that WRPGs have though. I could maybe see it in things like Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc. but even then it's like, stop pretending you nigger. Do you have a shitty life or something?

Doesn't matter. Just keep playing and find out. You can do Neutral on NG+ following a guide.

I don't have time to play a 50 hours game twice user.

No I would say I have a pretty good life. It gets boring though. I want superpowers. I want to be the best at everything effortlessly. I want people to obsess over me. These games are convenient for that.

I hope there is a chance for me to just let Daichi die later on.

I can't deal with this insufferable faggot much longer.

Just play the fucking game. There's no telling how many points you have right now if you haven't been scrupulously following a guide since the start.
I got Neutral on my first playthrough without even trying. Just don't act low an extreme Lawfag or a Chaosfag and you should naturally end in Neutral.

Should have followed a guide then.

Your second playthrough shouldn't take you nearly as long.

> Friend playing Nocturne for the first time on normal
> Grinds to 23, or higher he says, for Matador.

Having friends is shit, Dagda was right.

You don't belong here user.

Shut up Daichi is cool.

How long would Tokyo and it's survivours last with a firmament above it and demons fucking about underneath? Assume that the events of IV and Apocalypse don't happen, meaning no Flynn, Merkabah, or Lucifer to upset the status qou. How long until buildings crumble and people run out of stuff to scavage?

Tayama rules everything with his redpills. Toyko is fine.

Well before Flynn it was a shitty life but the people were surviving no problem. What they salvage is luxury items and data.
Water comes from the ground just as today in RL and they eat demons.
Otherwise the Ring of Gaea and those Mafia dudes upheld a status quo just fine between making business with and cracking down on the Demons, it's also not really in the interest of the chaos sided Demons to completely wipe out humanity.

>I want to be the best at everything effortlessly. I want people to obsess over me.
That's pretty pathetic user.

No it's not. Everyone wants to have this but most can't have it. I wasn't born to rich parents so I have to work for what I want, fine. A man can always fantasize though.

He's a whiny bitch who won't get that Io

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to fuck a demon

Daichi is the everyman. As if you wouldn't whine if you ended up in his place. As far Io, he can get her if you go with someone else.

Half-breed abominations.

Failure as a human.

Hiroyuki Yanada aka Yanda

Hey guys, How long is SMT IV Apo?

I just warded off sesha and I was wondering if there are some cool shit that will happen as it is becoming more of a shounen anime now with how much anoying asahi is.

What the fuck were they trying to do with Asahi anyway? I actually didn't mind her at first but then she never left while simultaneously slowly grew more and more obnoxious.