I have $60000 to spend plus the resale value of a 2010 VW Golf

I have $60000 to spend plus the resale value of a 2010 VW Golf.

I want to buy something that is luxury inside, and a decent drivers car, so was thinking of getting something like a 3 series.

Here's the kicker:

My live-in waifu is a hippy creature of pure plant-based goodness, and will probably stop making me my tofu katsu curries if I don't buy something that at least appears to have green credentials.

If I was spending a bit more the obvious choice would be the i8, but with moderate expenditure, what's the best option?

And because threads are boring if they're just for advice, post cars that look like they're from the future or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

insideevs.com/consumer-reports-tesla-model-s-rated-1-in-customer-satisfaction/
tech.slashdot.org/story/16/10/24/2339257/consumer-reports-ranks-tesla-model-x-near-bottom-for-reliability
blog.europeanflax.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-lighter-hemp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get rid of that soul sucking bitch and buy M3, and get the millions of pussy.

So she's not even your girlfriend, just your housemate and cook?

tesla roadster
ev converted miata

>My live-in waifu is a hippy creature of pure plant-based goodness, and will probably stop making me my tofu katsu curries if I don't buy something that at least appears to have green credentials.
>Being Cucked
Why do you give a fuck what some roastie does?

Tofu Katsu is easy as fuck just buy some pre made and git good

You could get a nice, barely used Tesla Model S. It's very efficient and practical. It's owners are extremely satisfied with it.

insideevs.com/consumer-reports-tesla-model-s-rated-1-in-customer-satisfaction/

Apple fanboys also see no flaws in their products.

tech.slashdot.org/story/16/10/24/2339257/consumer-reports-ranks-tesla-model-x-near-bottom-for-reliability

If I remember correctly there is a hybrid version of the F10 5-series and some 3-series, dunno if e90 or F30, probably both

Lol i love how the Tesla X is one of the worst modern cars ever

How would the S be immune from the problems?

I smell massive bullshit

>used Tesla
theres a reason the first owner wants to get rid of that junk namefag.
I work part time in an auto repair shop here in Europe and the amount of Teslas that come in with the smallest problems is immense and the costs usually start at 1500 Euro >

Buy BMW for pure performance
Buy Mercedes for luxury and performance
Buy anything VAG if you want a massive bill after 40k miles

activehybrid 3
basically a hybrid 335i

Had a Tesla in the shop last week where the tablet screen short circuited. Owner couldn't do shit in terms of car management.
8500 Euro repair
I laughed all the way to the bank

Buy an old Volvo 265 and tell her that in another hundred years it won't waste as many resources or create as much pollution as building a new car does.

>This
Buying any Volvo before 2005 will run 10 million miles with small repairs here and there

Yeah there is a 330e hybrid. I test drove it. A bit wallowy as you'd expect. Considering that and the C class.

Yeah, no. Tesla is a meme car.

Yeah this is the impression I got. Might lean towards Merc since I spend a lot of time on long journeys not moving very quickly.

Also, just throwing this out there, why doesn't a car have a nespresso machine in yet?

What is a roastie? Where I come from it is a potato.

>Tesla is a meme car.

What do you mean?

No warranty?

Should just have junked the thing

*What do you meme?

I just looked some data up, my lattissima is rated 1400w while my company-cars 230v power outlet is rate 150w, I guess that's why you can't have a nespresso when driving down the autobahn

>carfags in charge of luxuries

>Plastic
>Luxury
hahahahhaha very funny

It's the coffee machine. The point is the coffee machine.

>drip
Thats not luxury

Drip coffee is for 1990s offices.

A crying shame. Maybe if they ran water through the heater core directly?

Percieved quality is based on herd thinking. Saying something is meme in this syntax is something done on /g/ a lot. e.g. "Noctua poo fans are meme fans" - meaning they aren't of high enough a quality to justify the way people enthuse about them. Similarly, Tesla is a well marketed car with lofty ambitions but a poor write up and inside it feels tacky as hell, and as people mention, when it breaks it becomes Cat C immediately.

Wow, did not mean to post that image. But lets roll with it.

Neither the tablet is under warranty nor are the pop out door handles which is fixed earlier in 2016 and the items alone were 1100 euro plus fees the owners had to pay about 2500+ tow costs euro because he couldnt enter the car anymore kek

Have you driven one?

Alfa Romeo Giulia, the interior is made from hemp.

blog.europeanflax.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-lighter-hemp/

Yes.

Why are you even worrying?
She's a women so she's probably tech illiterate af.
Just tell her that the m3 is super eco friendly because of some tech buzzwords she doesn't understand [Variable displacement, Euro 6 Emission standard, AdBlue, particle filter, or just make shit up] and drive like a prius faggot when you're with her. I'm sure the m3 has stuff like an adjustable exhaust and an "eco mode" and shit usable to hide its power level. Have your dealership remove the M-Badges and shit and there you go: an eco friendly 3 series.

My sides.

Then stick some vinyls on it saying "hybrid eco drive green power". And relabel the tachometer as "efficiency units".

2017 Lexus GS 450h

Like others have mentioned, stop being a cuck and just buy a good car.

fuck ur wife it's not even her 60g's to spend

Is this what cuck means now?

Oh shit I actually meant 600.

Smart Fortwo Brabus

Letting your girlfriend dictate what you buy is cucky yes. If it was finance related or she was your wife it's different, but it's about what you want. I do think spending that much money on a car is retarded but that's a different subject. (I'm assuming here about her being a girlfriend. you did say the weeb term "live in waifu")

So is cucky the adjective we use here, same as when people vote for higher taxes, or more lax immigration laws, and it's etymologically related to cuckoldry? And marriage is relevant? This is fascinating.

Keep the VW Golf and get yourself an older Dodge Viper

Then proceed to laugh at your housemate for being a liberal pussy.

The infiniti/lexus hybrids are top tier.
Lexus for comfy, infiniti for sport and both will get you ~30mpg

All of the above. The reason I mentioned marriage because that gives her a say in your decisions since it involves shared finances. Girlfriend does not have a say unless it's something your convincing her to pay on somehow.

It's sometimes used interchangeably with the term "pussy", for someone who gets pushed around easily, falls for feelings based arguments, virtue signals for attention etc.

Get an M3 and slap that efficientdynamics sticker on, there is no way some fucking democrat knows enough about cars to realize that you're getting 17mpgs in a sport coupe

Was it a performance version?

>forgot to put the doors on

Italian quality control everyone

Buy a 86/FRS/BRZ and pocket the rest.

Get an engine swap when she isn't looking.