Can someone explain the point Individual Throttle Bodies?

Can someone explain the point Individual Throttle Bodies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETSpaLqk-0U
youtube.com/watch?v=9ye2Fn62xDc
youtube.com/watch?v=E4t_ia4d7wI
youtu.be/V_PRTGj0NSY
ecstuning.com/News/BMW_S54_S85_BOSCH_Mass_Air_Flow_Sensor_M3_M5_M6_Z3M_Z4M_E46_E60_E63_E64_2001_2002_2003_2004_2005_2006_2007_2008_2009_2010/
youtube.com/watch?v=FaYIHQGU00k
youtube.com/watch?v=I_bOGqeHYlM
youtu.be/5jIcUbpdop4?t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2WcCbOYrI
youtu.be/0g5UOZbV7Z4
youtu.be/Fm5k1ntJNBU
youtube.com/watch?v=B89OBwolbOI
pomf.cat/
honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/whats-needed-run-itbs-3166706/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why cant you google it?

Moah powaaaa.

No but seriously they use them for better revving and a bit more power

why can't you?

instead of drawing air from a common chamber (plenum) which can restrict airflow at high airflow rates, they draw directly from the atmosphere.

Depending on trumpet length, you can either have lower end torque gains (mid-speed airflow) or shorter trumpets for high revving goodness.

Also when done properly all of the cylinders get (basically) even air distribution. A lot of the earlier VQ35 stock intake manifolds would not deliver enough to the front 2 banks when people started throwing mods at them increasing the airflow demands on each cylinder

More Bwah.

how much gains would you say you'd get? a significant amount?

That's outside of my area of expertise.

All I know is they're a pain to own in a DD. Since theres no common plenum, sourcing vacuum is a pain, getting a decent "MAP" signal is retarded, gotta get rid of MAF if the car is equipped. Gotta get those bitches tuned regularly as they're very sensitive to weather changes.

But I mean, M3 E46, 4AGE 20V's, are a few examples off the top of my head that had factory ITB's, so they're obviously not just a meme.

ITBs are designed to let your expensive engine suck up rocks, dust, sand and wear the shit out of the motor you just finished building.

a lot of guys who run big ass velocity stack-type intakes on plenum equipped vehicles also run without an air filter at a car show, do those guys count too?

Also forgot, E39 M5's have ITB's with medusa looking trumpets fed from a "plenum" style intake
>Pic related

Just

youtube.com/watch?v=ETSpaLqk-0U

>that sound

sick.

also, not multiple throttle bodies.

Better throttle response and less restriction. Also idk why nobody in this thread seems to know, but you can use an air filter and a MAF with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ye2Fn62xDc

>All that noise for 172hp.

But why?

4 cylinder

Not bad for an N/A 1.6 or 1.8 desu

>implying 172hp isnt perfect for the Miata
>implying noise = fast car.

Drive one with close to hp and youll understand.

sounds like a lawnmower on high idle

close to 200hp*

bad for your ears and for other people around you.

public road is not a race track you stupid faggots.

>HEY CLETUS DIS SOUDNS LIKE A FUCKING LAWNMOWER HURRRRRRRRR

shut the fuck up busrider and suck my cock

that dude drives that miata on the track you cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=E4t_ia4d7wI

well, he's not wrong. don't be so salty

It LITERALLY sounds like a lawnmower. My kia spectra with a loose motor mount and exhaust leak sounds better.

stop samefagging

:^)
youtu.be/V_PRTGj0NSY

but theres a time and place for driving like that. on public roads with other motorists is not one of them.

k

if you actually watched the video you'd notice how they creator noted that the microphone pick-up was actually placed in the engine bay.

Being "OH LAWDY LAWD MUH EARS" loud isn't the issue with ITB's

i can photoshop too

show me a single set-up with a MAF, I've literally never seen one.

Air filter, of course.
>pic related

>those cones

Why do they force you to drive like shit?

The whole point is that it's a tight course.

>pic
The fuck.

fluid dynamics in action, neat technology in a factory vehicle.

People mostly don't use MAFs because muh performance but you can use them with a plenum.

packaging bruh

BMW S54
ecstuning.com/News/BMW_S54_S85_BOSCH_Mass_Air_Flow_Sensor_M3_M5_M6_Z3M_Z4M_E46_E60_E63_E64_2001_2002_2003_2004_2005_2006_2007_2008_2009_2010/

Also, pic related is a formula 1 air filter. Yes, it has ITB's.

All that extra weight and complexity so it can make less power than a LS V8? Ahhh German engineering.

>ally pipes
>weight and complexity

As an engineering student I'll tell you right fucking now if fluid dynamics is involved you can bet your sweet ass its extra complex shit ass fuck nigger tits

>factory warrantied designs
Yeah literally anyone "going to ITB" is never going to do more than strap a screen to the trumpet, maybe a Shop Vac piece of foam if they're lucky. That's just the general state of tuning these days; monkey-see monkey-do. Silicon dust, salt and other abrasives is no joke.

Please don't pretend to be retarded on purpose like you just did.

youtube.com/watch?v=FaYIHQGU00k
youtube.com/watch?v=I_bOGqeHYlM

Just do SS and read the sticky.

>Throttle bodies on the street

People are this stupid.

G O A T
O
A
T

E39 M5 bro.

God's chariot.

youtu.be/5jIcUbpdop4?t=59s

youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2WcCbOYrI

>tfw no ITB 20v 4AGE
youtu.be/0g5UOZbV7Z4
Absolutely diamonds every time.

>if fluid dynamics is involved
fluid dynamics is literally involved in everything all the time. except in a vacuum.
>engineering student
ayy another kid with a knowledge base so limited he doesnt even recognise his lack of knowledge but tries to sound smart regurgitating words in the appendix of the textbook he copies homework answers from

filters mang

>tfw ITB 20v 4age
And I DD it too

>in an aw11 at that
Holy shit user you can't just tease people like that without posting more, now I'm gonna have to see a doctor for this priapism

>what are air filters

if I could post a webm with sound I'd do that. At least I'm not sure if I can do that or not, I don't post on Veeky Forums very often anymore.

Veeky Forums doesn't allow it, not sure about other boards. YouTube?

Are you seriously asking what air filters are?

Are you seriously this new?

Post it to /wsg/ and then link to that post here

Found a vids for before and after the ITB stacks were installed

Holy fuck that sound

Goddamn, that is the best sounding 4 cylinder I've ever heard

The secret is it has a magnaflow exhaust. A muffler for a muscle car on a little shitbox

youtu.be/Fm5k1ntJNBU

>I have never heard of an RB26 but I'll pretend to know things

>Hey guys listen to the sound of my parkinsons foot

At least he didn't break the speed limit.

lmao leave the house more idiot.

What does an RB-anything have to do with aftermarket ITBs being installed by idiots, like you? >hurr durr i can only list one factory car that came with ITBs to prove that unfiltered, aftermarket hackjobs are the same as filtered factory applications
>i actually think that i'm qualified to tell everyone else they dont know shit even though i'm the one that missed the point
>durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what's silicon whats an abrasive air filters are a conspiracy
seriously lol fuck off dude

sounds a bit weak to be quite honest fampai

sounds better than your coonspeak

sounds like you have shit opinions and are damage controlling like the cowardly fuck you are

triggered

sorry pal, you should work on that.

are you for real m8?
here's the last 4cyl video i watched,
i think it's slightly better and i'm sure there's plenty more.
youtube.com/watch?v=B89OBwolbOI

>n-no you
that's the best you got?

>he called a toyota 4 the best engine he ever heard
>thinking he's anything but a toyotard shill
Don't encourage him

whoops yeah you're right

sounds good for 10hp

The main gainz are throttle response and per cylinder tunability which is useless if you can't tune by cylinder. ITBs are not magical power making goodness.

The point I'm making is that individual throttle bodies and an open intake is orthogonal. You can have a traditional plenum and airbox design that also has MAFs with ITBs.

pomf.cat/

>75mb limit
>allows audio and webms

Thanks user, I was trying to find a site like that but couldn't remember the name

So like can I just replace my throttle body with an ITB on my Del Sol without having to do anything else? Same question for any car?

honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/whats-needed-run-itbs-3166706/

read the first reply to the thread

Kek what a faggot you are

Welp seems more complicated then I thought