Toyota GT86

>Toyota GT86
>Mazda MX-5 RF
>Nissan ????
When will Nissan drop the 370z and give us a good, "affordable" sports coupe?

Other urls found in this thread:

ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/
nissan.ca/en/sportscars/z-coupe/versions-specs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not before the french are nuked

Base trim starts at $30k; it's not that much more expensive. And it's a lot faster.

Here it's 39k for the 86, 65k for the 370Z.
The 370Z used to be 80k until the 86 was released, 370Z sales literally dropped to zero so they had to reduce the price.

But the base trim is even uglier, and the handling is fucking awful in comparison to either the 86 or the MX-5.

tell me what country you live in so I can make sure to never go

Even in Canada the 370z is $30k new, I have no idea why people would ever buy the GT86.

80k for a 370z? Where do you live so I can just blacklist it?

Also, I too am eager to see Nissan's next sports coupe. The 370z is really starting to feel dated.

I know they were eager to bring back the z name but I don't think anything since the Z31 should have been considered Zs. It needs to be a damn straight six with long hood, wtf is so hard to understand about a true z car. Pisses me off. I've owned all the old ones.

That being said 350 and 370 aren't that bad, you can also get g35 and g37 but I think it's harder to get them with manual.

R35 is affordable sport coupe

370z

Never. The CEO isn't interested in having anything but the gtr for 'le brand ambassador'

>'le brand ambassador'
Such a shame nissan got bought out.

Wish they died after the R34 because Renault is a horrid miserable dumb company.

The 370z is heavy, bad on gas, and only 2 seats. That's why.

And nearly 10 years older than the competition

The 350z was dated the day it came out. Losing to the 4 door RX-8 on many tracks because it handled so shit.

It's just a shitty Jap Mustang, pretty much. Except the Mustang is faster and has 4 seats.

Nissan a SHIT

The next z will be a crossover

Well I have no idea why anyone would buy a 370.
For filthy normies, 370Z/86 are both just Japanese "sporty coupes" no one has any idea about performance or price so the 86 gives you the same car, but cheaper.
For a driving enthusiast, the 86 is a far superior drivers car and is only a little bit slower. Being so much cheaper just strengthens the reasons not to buy the 370.
For a bench racer, the 370 wins, BUT there's cheaper cars that are just as quick and cars the same price that are quicker.
I honestly can't see any reason to get a 370Z

Not willing to come to the home of shitposting.

The Skyline already is

You forget the 370 looks gorgeous and has the stoplight to stoplight acceleration

Looks are subjective. Yes it's faster in a straight line, but the 86 is a much better car to drive.
It's like an Elise vs and EVO. An EVO is much faster, but it is an inferior drivers car.
Or a 911 Turbo vs a 911 GT3.

The 370Z is superior to the 86 in every performance metric. It's significantly more powerful, it stops better with it's fixed piston caliper brakes at all 4 corners, it grips better with it's wide tires, and is much, much faster.

The 86 is babby's first "sports car."
The 370Z is for people who have the skills to handle a car with real performance.

see Once you're old enough to drive you may grow out of being a bench racer

I've owned a 370Z for 8 years and am very familiar with its capabilities. I've also driven the FR-S multiple times for work-related purposes and can personally attest to its mediocre performance.

What car do you drive?

I drive an 86.
I tested a Miata, WRX and Golf GTI. GTI and WRX were much faster but not engaging. Miata was good, but still not as engaging nor as practical.
370Z isn't worth the extra 40k.

>extra 40k
I'm glad I don't live in your country.

It's not so much that the 370z is expensive, more that the 86 is cheap as fuck

>GT86/BRZ
>26k for 200hp
>cheap

2017 370Z nissan.ca

40k for 200hp
80k for 300hp

Seems like the 86is a bargain

2017 86 toyota.ca

>the 86 has shitty tires and slides everywhere so its a true drivers car!
user is right. Its clear you're the young one. The 370z allows for actual driving.. Not having sliding over cones in a denny's parking lot with two dozen other turbo autists.

370Z includes freight PDI - $1750

Actual MSRP price of both models, both base, both 6spd manuals

> $29,998 370Z
> $29,580 86

370Z is $418 more, for 132 HP more.

> 370Z = $90 / horsepower
> 86 = $148 / horsepower

370Z is the better price, and better deal, and it's a bigger fucking car.

Only a complete dumbass would buy an 86/FRS/BRZ over a 370z.

Also, don't forget this, for you ameribros who live close to the US/CAN borders

> $30,000 Canadian = $22,900 United States Dollar

> 86 in USA is $26,300 USD.
> $26,300 USD is $34,400 CAD

It is cheaper to buy your car in Canada than it is in the USA, by nearly $3400 USD

That I agree with. I swapped on some decent tyres and it's vastly improved the car

yeah but you cant bring your car from canada into the US

Because base 370z is a utter joke. No LSD, even more bargain basement interior over the "sport" model, smaller brakes. No Rev match trans.

Sure you are only paying for the engine, but the platform is ancient at this point.

Seriously? I see people buying cars from here all the time for the US

ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/

Actual MSRP price of both models, base 370Z vs top spec GTS 86, both 6spd manuals

> $62,094 370Z
> $37,664 86 GTS

370Z is $24,430 more, for 132 HP more.

> 370Z = $187 / horsepower
> 86 = $188 / horsepower

86 is more practical, fuel efficient, better handling.

Only a complete dumbass would buy a 370Z over an 86/BRZ

If you're from ausfailia then you're wrong. I was shopping for one last year and the top of the line trim 370Z (in the showroom) was 53K.

Fuck, selected auto and GT. Let me redo

Explain 62k on Nissans website, no options, base model
They used to be 80k, then I remember they dropped to 65 when the 86 was released.

Not exactly a FR coupe but isn't Nissan coming out with a NISMO Sentra? I don't know why you'd ever want a hot Sentra but there it is

I wish you hadn't showed me this. Is nothing sacred? I am already pissed that they call cars with v6s instead of a straight 6 Z cars but this is unforgivable.

Fixed

Actual MSRP price of both models, base 370Z vs assorted 86s, both 6spd manuals

> $62,094 370Z
> $41,166 86 GTS
> $35,295 86 GT

370Z is $20,928 more, for 132 HP more than the GTS.
370Z is $26,798 more, for 132 HP more than the GT.

> 370Z = $187 / horsepower
> 86 GTS = $206 / horsepower
> 86 GT = $176 / horsepower

86 is more practical, fuel efficient, better handling and if you care about $ per HP, th GT slays the 370Z

Only a complete dumbass would buy a 370Z over an 86/BRZ

Go to any nissan dealership and you can get a 2016 model for 50k drive away.
Still a better car.

Dude, that 370Z is not the base model, it's the touring model, it's one under the NISMO.

The "base" model of the 370Z is the actual base model, with no head unit, and cloth chairs, and like 18 inch wheels

Jesus, you don't even have the base model in your country, you only have the Touring.

How dumb can you be to think a base model car will come with 19 inch wheels and a fucking nav system?

>cars with v6s instead of a straight 6 Z cars but this is unforgivable.

Considering the ZX moniker started with the 280ZX, you cant discount the 300ZX not being a Z car.

The whole point here is why buy a platform that is already 8 years old, a decade if its replacement comes out in 2019, at its top level trim? If you really wanted a 370z, buying a used low mileage top trim makes way more sense.

Id consider a 370z if they threw in the new VR30 as a way to get people excited for the replacement though.

Top trim BRZ in Canadaland is 35k, plebian tier 370z is 30k range at most, Sport Trim 40k.
Now if you want to rice out like BRZ with PP you have to go spend another 5k for the 370z putting it at 45k. And at that point Id rather just have a MX-5 RF with BBS package.

www.nissan.ca

That's our base model buddy so that's what we're comparing.

whoever is looking at $62k for a 370z in australia is fucking retarded

> $44k cad to aud

australia's nissan is ripping you fuckers off HARD

Yes and no, our cars cost more, but our incomes are ridiculously high, so we pay more for everything.

but thats not the base model of the car, it's the base model "available to you", but a base model below that exists, so you're comparing the luxury version of the 370z to the most base version of the 86/frs/brz

that's not an apples to apples comparison, it's an apples to caviar comparison

find a way to import the 370z into australia for less, i know for a fact it can be done

In which case, compare it to the GTS.

I provided both in this post We get two trims, GT which is the base and GTS which is the nicer one.

>the car has been out for 10 years
lel wait until you hear about the GTR coming out in 2008

>muh shitty crossover z maymay
the gripz concept is the next juke you mong

Australia is just ass backwards for alot of things, see internet and vidya costs.

>White Liquid
hehehe

we don't get more than 1 trim level, the 86 is only the 86, either manual or auto

the BRZ is where we get our three trims

> sport is "gt"
> sport tech is "gts"
> inazuma is special edition

> $27,995
> $29,995
> $32,695

base brz:

Multimedia System: Audio with GPS navigation, SiriusXM™ Traffic (subscription required) & SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio installed (3-month free trial)
Rear wing spoiler
LED headlights, LED daytime running lights and LED accent lighting
Performance-tuned suspension
Rearview camera

sport tech brz:

Proximity key with push button start
Heated front sport seats featuring Onyx black leather with Black Alcantara® and red stitching
Multimedia System: Audio with GPS navigation, SiriusXM™ Traffic (subscription required) & SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio installed (3-month free trial)
Multi-reflector LED fog lights
Automatic dual-zone climate control

inazuma brz:

Exclusive 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with black finish
Sachs performance-tuned dampers
Brembo performance brakes
Heated front sport seats featuring yellow-accented Anthracite black leather with Black Alcantara® and yellow stitching

Same is true in US and Canada, the 86 is a terrible deal now considering it all.
WHAT WAS TOYOTA THINKING?

I knew the FRS only had one trim, a weird inbetween our GT and GTS.
Here BRZ only had one trim, recently they added the S pack which has STI wheels, side skirts, lip, wing and springs

> TIL, never move to australia, even if the girls are so hot

How much for the version with a LSD though?

You forget that our minimum wage is 40k a year,

means nothing if everything costs half as much here, while it costs twice as much there

> minimum wage

acting like im trying to make minimum wage lmfao

Yea and good luck trying to find somewhere to live on that, no difference elsewhere.

LSD is standard on the $40k one, base touring model

I'm just saying that relative to income, most things cost the same. What we do get massively jewed on is housing costs.

Sport Package comes with the lsd, I believe.

nissan.ca/en/sportscars/z-coupe/versions-specs.html

select first three and compare

not for me, i just checked average salaries in australia for my line of work, it is $90,000 AUD and I earn a few thousand more than that right now in canada, so if everything costs 2x as much there, i would literally be able to afford half the shit i can afford here

Australia is due for a massive housing market crash anyways.

It didn't replace the skyline though, they still have the skyline coupe and sedan. Also called the Infiniti EX35/QX50 in the states.

I know and I don't like the 300ZX either (as a Z car). I have had 240z, 280z, 280zx, z31 300zx. Once you have melded with a Z car or two you will understand.

A simple RWD, carbed inline6 manual 2 door japanese sports coupe? Celica Supra is the closest Ive gotten to that formula.

Sometimes I want to get a restored 240/260Z car over a BRZ and pocket the savings but, alas.

fuck off filipino

Hey guys it's up to you if you want to believe me but here's a little leak nissan is making a another car based on the s platform and all the concept art there doing is starting to look like a modern s15 and the engine design looks like a v6
From,that one guy that should be working but is on Veeky Forums instead

>le hp

Amricans really are disgusting people

>The 370Z is for people who have the skills to handle a car with real performance.

This may be the cringiest thing I've ever read.

I fucking hate this country.

The truth hurts

Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid…

Next Z is supposed to be shown at the tokyo motor show this year. Rumors are it will have the same drivetrain options as the q60, but it also will only come with a dual clutch automatic. Besides complaints over losing the manual (which may or may not happen, hasnt been confirmed), what are Veeky Forumss thoughts/predictions/wants

>4-cylinder
Absolutely disgusting

The next Z will get the twin turbo power plant from the Q60, I was just at training and that's the answer I got. Didn't say what trans.

The z car was always the Japanese mustang, and the z32 will always be my favourite as it is the only one that was faster than mustangs of its time. I also think it looks really good especially with the 99 spec front end

The Infiniti G35/37 is more like a Japanese mustang. They have more than 2 seats and weigh about the same.

Im personally hoping the VR30 turns out as reliable as the VQ (after a few teething years like the oil burning) even with the turbos.

Biggest issue I have enough is the motor is direct injection without port injectors. Carbon buildup is gonna be a cunt. (See Juke 1.6 Turbo)

I dont even think Nissan/Renault has a parts bin manual trans that can handle the output anyways. I wouldnt mind a DCT anyways.

Hope Nissan gets a fucking clue and makes the Z car NOT a GT pig fat car after the "success" of the 86. If they keep it around for a decade like the 370z, they can atleast justify dev costs and initial sales loss.

Price it as a upgrade over a 86 but a alternative to muscle GTs. Infiniti Q60 can be the "i have more money then sense and buy for the badge" version like the G35/37 was. Deal with it

Well my jap import z32tt has 4 seats and is probably as heavy as a 90s mustang. G37 is definitely not as fast as a GT!