What do you think of my welds Veeky Forums? It's coming from a hazard fraught 90 amp flux core welder

What do you think of my welds Veeky Forums? It's coming from a hazard fraught 90 amp flux core welder.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/MRkZv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not bad

Good enough. I take it you're not building a bridge here.

what are you gonna be welding?

I'm building a table so I can have somewhere other than the ground to weld. It's also for a place to mount my vice.

It looks like it'll hold. Did you do any prep besides sanding or is that just a butt joint?

You could make a wooden table and attach a sheet of stainless to the top. But I don't know your life I guess.

Well I heated it with a torch for a while, not hot enough to get it white but it was dull red.

That's good enough, torch prep is basically a requirement with smaller MIGs because they can't put out enough amps on household AC.

You got some cat on your welds.

Looks like shit but it'll hold so I guess it's fine. Surface prep and proper fit-up are critical, clean it up first next time.

I plan to build a bridge tomorrow. Also thinking about welding the diff on my truck for more skids.

git gud son

Diamonds

Was done on a harbor freight shit heap?

dat splatter

TIG impulse?

I've never managed to get that rainbow finish on mine, I hear you need to use more gas to get it.

Stop posting this same fucking picture over and over holy shit dude I've seen it 20 times now, nobody cares about your shitty mig test plate

yo bro,
i give welding lesson for a living, i guess i can give you 2 or 3 tips.
Try to put your electrode in a oven or in a tube and dry it with a hair dryier. You would get rid of these little balls easily.
As well don't hesitate to warm your electrode by burning a few inches on a plate before making your long "good" weld.
The picture is good for a occasionnal welder congrats.You can may be put a bit lesser amp and go slower for more smoothness, but the mechanical stifness seems to be there.

No, but it was used on a 120 machine. Lincoln square wave.

No, straight arc, not pulsed.

There's way more to achieving a rainbow or gold finish than just more gas. I was running a #7 cup with a gas lens @ 20cfh. But the real trick was placing that tab face down on the table top (which is aluminum) so it would suck all the heat out of it since the material is so thin. Welding is all about cheating

Rate my welds Veeky Forums

I think I did pretty good

It's for my racecar, should pick up some more hp with a freer flowing exhaust

>Florida
where in florida are you

Nice troll bro

Central florida, Orlando mostly. Specifically Avalon.

Dude join the discord, we're looking for more people in central/north florida

forgot link
discord.gg/MRkZv