Bought Alfa Romeo 147, 2008, diesel, 120HP for 1.8k€

Bought Alfa Romeo 147, 2008, diesel, 120HP for 1.8k€

Did I do good Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/really-long-haulin-what-its-like-to-drive-200000-miles-per-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=ETSpaLqk-0U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=psDn_ENCa5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>diesel
no

Nice Fiat

yeah i have a soft spot for FCA

best of luck sir

FCA? Enlighten me what that stands for

Fuck Cucked Aut/o/m/o/biles

fiat cryseller autos

Eurofag here, gas ain't cheap

could have bought a decent e46 320d with 150hp and rwd for the money.

better that diesel

Yeah. Alfa Diesels are pretty tough, get good mileage and are quick.

>150hp
are you euro's serious?

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Fiat owns Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati, Ferrari, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Ram

Unless he lives in germany he wont run out of power. Never understood what you need lots of power for when you cant use them

How many kilometers?

It's more than decent for going around if you're not trying to race anyone.

>muh 300 hp that I most definitely need to accelerate to 70 mph on highway ramps

At least your government uses oil profits to fund free college education and infrastructure development.

Then no.

I own a old gen 147 with 1.4 petrol.
Congratulations for buying the only affordable car with good/tasty interior. Hope you are packing leather. Engine bay is cramped, but otherwise a great handling and performing car, by no means lacking in any department compared to german cars of the class.

Having a diesel in 21. century is degenerate. Diesel prices match gas in most of the countries and will rise fast due to trucks/ships/trains demand for it increases.
A diesel engines characteristics dont fit road cars. You do not need the torque and you will suffer in power and maintenance costs. Also you are contributing to everything bad by emitting those heavy particles from your car.
And unless there has been a full engine rebuild, you just got pulled by the winkie by buying a 370k car. Should have gotten a 2.0 benzine model.

I'll never understand this whole "you'll suffer in power and maintenance costs".
Diesels cars have parts running at lower RPMs and the fuel has a slow burn rathern than aggressive combustion like petrol.
Also, to the user saying petrol prices are the same as diesel almost everywhere:
Not sure where you're getting your info, but in europe I've never seen Diesel prices for less than 20cents cheaper per litre than petrol.

>"Torque is great but only if it comes from muh V8 not from a Diesel."

-Veeky Forums

Nice one OP. My girlfriend and my brother both have 147s with the 1.6 twin sparks. I'd like one for myself desu.

go back >>>/leftypol/ you cuck

This is my girlfriend's one. It's got the facelift.

>Being this triggered
>Implying I am leftist

Let me guess, you are an amerifat who is in one quadrillion debt for studying a useless career in college, you have testicular cancer but no money to treat you and are a huge faggot?

It's not the diesels themselves but the extra shit they need for emissions like egr's and turbos. I'm not that other guy, I'm just saying.

>trigger me timbers
I hope top gear is presented by a communist when it goes officially live.

Nice. Do you have an idea if I can change the language from Italian to English?

Yeah there's buttons on the dashboard beside the steering wheel on the door side. Up down and select. Using those and the screen on the instrument cluster you should be able to find the language settings.

Thank you

the 150hp 2.0 diesel is the lowest tier diesel engine with best fuel economy. also cheapest model

My 2000 astra H has 308k KMs on it, and I've spent about 2k on it total in repairs over the 15+ years I've owned it. (Excluding oil changes and bulb changes).
I'm looking to replace it in a year or so when my baby girl is a little older, which is why I came into this thread.
Was thinking of either a 320d, opel insignia or alfa romeo 159. All diesels

If I was buying a new car knowing I was going to be doing some insane mileage I'd get a Ford.

320d, the insignia and alfa will shitout on you. or go for a 530d touring, extra space helps with the little one, and the bigger the diesel the more economic it'll be on highway runs.

Dude that things gonna fall apart.

>buying old italian cars

do you guys have too much money?

>the insignia and alfa will shitout on you

What do you base this on, the fiat engines they use are nigh on indestructible, they are used as taxis here and achieve insane mileage.

Only if they have the 2.0 turbo diesel peugeot engine, the 1.6 hdi and the ford 1.8 are terrible.

How is dealing with 5y belt intervals? A 147 was in my short list 13 years ago when buying my first car and maintenance scared me

Does it make any difference if you buy any old car. It is a money pit anyways

You're right, money is money, doesn't make a difference how much

Well some cars are known for being able to have that much mileage without falling apart. Alfas are not. In fact, i wouldnt buy any Alfa over 100k.

Really? Had the idea the Insignia was quite reliable, as well as the 159.

Lower RPMs don't make the car any more reliable. Diesel fuel pumps and injectors operate under much higher pressures than a petrol engine and then there is the turbo that won't last forever even if maintained correctly (most are not). Those parts start to fail at high mileages with little warning and are very expensive to replace. More modern diesels, probably not the OP's, also have DPFs which can last survive 100,000 miles or not depending on how the car is used. All of this is on top of the usual Alfa Romeo build "quality". Basically the OP has bought a time bomb,

Where do you live, OP? Only 147 I saw at this price point are the older gen with the ugly headlights.

I'm planning to finally get a license soon, but the cars within my budget(under 2k euro)are all extremely shitty so it's been bumming me out.

Nice man, too many Km but thats pretty cheap for a 2008. I drive a Fiat Stilo M.Schumacher with the 150hp diesel and its been great so far. Enjoy it!

Can you tell me why you believe fuel pumps and injectors on Diesels run at higher pressures when the engines themselves are low compression?
I didn't say lower RPMs make it inherantly more reliable, merely stating that the moving parts are under less strain.
I'm not very mechanically knowledgeable so the questions I'm asking are purely out of curiosity and not assuming I'm in the right.

Fords became pretty shit sometime in the 90s though.

>308k

Pffft, call me when its over 400k.

Are you still talking about Diesels?

They are still high compression because thats how they work, the heat generating by squashing air ignites the fuel, thats why diesels don't use spark plugs.

Diesel also needs to be finely atomised to burn, a petrol engine will be around 3bar fuel pressure to run, a diesel needs around 300bar to even start.

Diesel compression has fallen somewhat over the years but it still much higher than a petrol engine.

Still cheaper to run a Diesel in yorup than gasoline.
At least with anywhere near the same performance levels.

Can you write a bit more about the car? Looks like I could afford the Abarth version if I got lucky, but I didn't really look into them so far, not that keen on Fiat.

blog.caranddriver.com/really-long-haulin-what-its-like-to-drive-200000-miles-per-year/

I disagree.

>Diesel compression has fallen somewhat over the years but it still much higher than a petrol engine.

You mean engine compression? Thats pretty irrelevant as diesel blocks and cylinders are way tougher than gas ones. The problem with moders diesels are usually high pressure commonrail injectors because of their low tolerances and all the emissions crap.

Diesels compression ratios are twice as high as petrol engines. The injectors have to be higher pressure because they inject fuel at the end of the compression stroke (ie when pressure in the cylinder is at it's highest) while petrol engines inject fuel during induction. Everything in a diesel engine has to be stronger to cope with the stresses and run tighter tolerances to control emissions.

Should have specified that I was talking about diesel Fords, or specifically Fords own diesel engines. Still most Fords are problematic.

I've owned it for 3 years now, its a limited edition. It comes only in Ferrari red with the Zender bodykit, subwoofer and some more extras. I've done coilovers, strut bars, GT2256V turbo swap, Fmic, intake, exhaust,etc. It runs really good and I get decent economy for what it is. I've only has to replace the clutch yet for obvious reasons. The abarth version only comes with the selespeed which is a bit problematic.

Do ford even use their own engines anymore?

>diesel
They use peugeot engine

>performance
They use volvo

>petrol
Usually some mazda or yamaha engine.

Not anymore, I have seen diesels with 16:1 compression and petrols as high as 14:1
The era of 22:1 compression diesels seems to be over.

>The problem with moders diesels are usually high pressure commonrail injectors because of their low tolerances and all the emissions crap.

I have no doubt that the shitty ethanol filled fuel also pays a part in wrecking common rail injectors too.

Most of the Duratorqs were Ferd lumps

This old heap of shit?

I didn't think they still used it, I must have removed hundreds of these injectors for refurbishment.

Fuck dude my 28 year old car doesn't have that much

Yeah thats the one, TDCI with Delphi injectors.

Do you even drive?

Diesels can go up to 1mil. Do.you have a gas car?

it's a diesel,NA one at that.
It's been in the family for 14 years,just not driven that much. (around 130k kms in those 14 years)

How are they? I'm seriously considering one. Am I right in thinking that the front wish bones need replaced often or is that the 166? The facelift ones are so damn pretty, I'm looking for one in red with cream leather or black with red leather.

>selespeed
While looking at 147's I read that the Selespeed basically means I should pass on the car it's fitted to solely on the basis that it has a Selespeed.

Well you drove it 10k a year which adds up to 833 km a month. That's probably a full tank a month used. Not much if you ask me.

Yeah,I know that's nothing compared to the average of the US and western Euro countries,that's why I'm considering getting a petrol car if I get something newer

Correction: Diesels USED to be able to do that. Now diesels are so cucked by regs that they tend to eat themselves alive.

Bought pic related off of an old lady. Has 45k miles, all service records from a dealership and I actually know the service writer, also has every option except a sunroof. Paid $4200 US. Did I fuck up?

Daily reminder that this is the best sounding engine ever

youtube.com/watch?v=ETSpaLqk-0U

Can confirm, a lot of modern diesels are dead by 100k 1.6hdi especially.

VAGshit isn't much better, pic related.

Year?

Whats with the yellow wax shit on one of the (vacuum?) hoses?

'05 Last year that they mad the LeSabre

RIP based 4T65E/3800 Series II combo

where's the picture?

I pasted it in and it showed up. maybe 4ChanX is acting up. This is not actually the one I bought, but identical.

>Thinking that isn't fun, and taking it to AutoX

This
You're an idiot and you can fuck right off

They're good. There's a few problems with them though. I only know about the petrols but:
>36,000mile timing belt interval
>8 spark plugs to replace
>They burn oil, you need to keep on top of keeping the levels good and it won't warn you
Although some engines burn less than others
>If you ignore the oil, the variators go ($$) look out for a diesel sound when cold starting
And if it sounds like a diesel all the time the varistor is totally gone.
>Window switches go
A few other bits but I wouldn't let it put you off. The more time you spend with these cars the more you enjoy them. Don't work on any of the electronics without disconnecting the battery.

Also dank interiors.

But honestly just take care of basic maintenance and they're great, fun cars that'll take care of you.

>American shitbarges
>autocross

Nope.

It's heavier than competition. Underpowered. Low fuel mileage. Plagued by injector failure. Turbo seals failure. The front struts open up around 100K and fuck up the entire front suspension geometry (you have to use camber kits or a strut brace). Interior is shody quality. Electrics are hit or miss and I really hope you're lucky with the one you got, otherwise good luck hunting gremlins.

Pretty much OP, no you did not do goo. And Anyone else that says you did either is a a neet that only knows Alfa from the "muh Alfa passion".

>selespeed
Not even once.
The actuators have a lifetime of like 10k km and cost a million. And after ten years, you will find yourself in need of a full box calibration every 2 weeks to maintain crispness.

Just got into Alfa teritory. So no "muh alfa"

1.9 TDI says hi

that has to be the most retarded piece of writing I ever had the misfortune to come across. jesus christ, who hurt you? did someone with an Alfa fuck your mom in front of your eyes? jesus.

stop making these threads you alfa romeo shills

Miata cuck

>jelly cuck

Ladies and gentlemen: superior Italian engines

m.youtube.com/watch?v=psDn_ENCa5g

Reality > memes

>1.9 TDI

Those are mediocre, but widespread.

200k isn’t that much, even for most sub 1.5 liter engines.

No, there's a reason for the price. Enjoy having a new issue every two months.

Are you completely insane?

This can't be OP. Nobody would be this stupid.

You did, but I hope you have a couple of thousand yuros spare in case anything goes wrong.

Is he wrong? The idea I've had of italian cars is that they were pretty but horribly built.

He is wrong, I have had to replace a few alternators on fiat jtd's but injectors are more reliable than anything ford and turbos more reliable than anything VW. 120hp is hardly taxing for a turbo 1.9 they go forever.

Just lookup 'alfa romeo 147 common problems' and you will see nothing he posted.