What does Veeky Forums think of Nissan...

What does Veeky Forums think of Nissan? How would you compare them to other top Japanese manufacturers such as Toyota and Honda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LNaSIocKFCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Skylines
Silvias
Z's
Patrol

that's it really

There's more to cars than sport coupes. How do their sedans, mid-size SUVs, vans, etc compare?

Depends on the car and the generation. They've had some awesome cars that you can get pretty cheap.

Older Maximas are pretty dope desu. Newer Versas are good and safe, my mother drives the hatchback.

Nissans designed before 2000: God tier
Nissans designed after 2000: shit tier

ugh I love the armada and pathfinder and also the QX80 its not like 1 soccermom per week almost runs me off the road while driving one of those

What would you say to an 08 Altima 3.5L SE for a respectable daily driver? I just bought one for 5k with 115k miles.. It's the first car I've had that wasn't junkyard tier.

If you enjoy driving it, it's currently in good shape, and you plan on keeping it well maintained then I'd say you did alright. The 3.5 V6 that's in those is a great engine. CVTs can be majorly hit and miss if that's what you have.

Renault clipped their nuts.

Now they're a test bed for shitty gizmos and questionable styling for Hon hons to learn how to not make a piece of shit.

Ghosn is a shit.

This sums it up perfectly.

Nissan still makes generally pretty good cars and without Renault the company would have long since gone under.

>Patrol
>sport coupe

its working. record turnover this year for renault. 51bn in sales

They're alright I guess.
Didn't profit as much from merging with the French as Renault did but they're not the only Japanese manufacturer slowly disappearing from European streets. I also see fewer Hondas, Mitsubishis, Subarus, Suzukis etc.
Pretty much anything that's not Toyota is slowly fading away.

They still do have their signature cars:
The Leaf is doing pretty well.
I personally also like the quirky styling of the Juke.
And of course the GT-R is still around.

It's a shame however I see more rebadged Renaults with a Nissan badge than actual Nissans.

>patrols
>sport coupes
wot.

Everything nissan builds is less reliable and worse than everything their competitors build.
Period

My qx4 is fucking awesome so far
It's interior could be better but I plan to get it steam cleaned and the leather conditioned/softened or just buy seat covers

>98
>Engine and trans still run awesome
>Clean as fuck from Missouri and full service records
>200k miles

All it took was destroying a car brand to do it.

they make some nice sports cars that are RWD

In my ranking
>toyota (>) = nissan
>literal dogshit
>honda
>chink shit
>rus shit
>Veeky Forums designed, produced and marketed car
>american shit

suck a dick new Z cars are great and GTR is god machine

Who would buy a hardbody when the hilux exists?
Who would buy a 350 or 370 when the mustang, camaro, etc exist
Who would buy a titan when the tundra exists?
Who would buy a 300zx when the RX7 or supra exist?
Who would buy a 240 when the rx7 and supra exist?
Who would buy a altima, maxima, sentra when the camry, corolla, 3, and 6 exist
Who would buy a juke, moron-o, pathfinder, titan when rav4, highlander, cx5, cx7, landcruiser, exist.
Nissan cant build shit.
Fucking terrible company

>Who would buy a 240 when the rx7 and supra exist?
this is where i disagree

>Z cars have anemic French engine
>great
The GT-R is a great car, I'll give you that, but then eventually over cars within the price range began to trump it as model years went by.

its the chrysler of the japanese big 3, i almost sold a 2013 pathfinder to a customer and switched them to a enclave because it was that big of shitbox. shit falls apart as soon as its out of warrenty

240 is objectively worse than both cars.
Its even worse than a miata.
Kill yourself

Jfc man it's just a company there's no need to get so worked up

what about mazdas

Not even remotely in the same price class. New or used. Stupid comparison. 240sx had no competition. It was the rwd equivalent of a Celica or prelude at the time.

240sx was actually more expensive than an rx7.
Weve had this discussion before

jesus just calm down

I forget that na rx7s existed. They are as laughable as a stock 240sx. I guess they were competition...

4 pistons calipers
Stock brake coolers
Lower COG
More rigid chassis
More reliable
Better suspension components
Better designed
Higher quality materials all around

It destroys 240s all day long stock for stock
Nothing laughable about it. Its an excellent car.
Exactly the same chassis and parts as the turbo aside from the drivetrain.
Mazda doesnt fuck around

You must own one, defending it so hard.

Nope.
Just not stupid.
I would defend miatas too because they are superior cars.
I would defend supras because they are superior cars
I would even defend the AE86 as a better car.
Or a fwd corolla as a better car.
The 240 is absolute garbage

Also looks like you are wrong on price.

First year for first year
Base for base
Even with inflation the rx7 was cheaper.

Also in 1989 you could get a used T2 for FAR less than a new 240sx.
Literally only retards and women bought 240s

>buying a new 240sx in 1986

>scumbags have no reading comprehension
Typical

Garbage. Nissan is probably the worst Japanese car company at the moment, at least of those that distribute in North America. Garbage reliability, weak engines, bullshitting on gas mileage, deafening road noise, etc. Nissans will kill your love of driving

Toyota>Honda>???>Nissan

Imo
>toyota > mazda > subaru >honda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nissan

>Can not argue logically and factually. Resorts to making up time-bending rules and calling people names.
This is why you don't have friends.

240 is factually worse than most any other rwd car
There is no argument

Also worse than many FWD too

>tfw my V6 Altima is an absolute blast to drive compared to the shitboxes I've had before.

Low standards are great, because it's easier to enjoy things. That car is so fun on the highway.

>weak engines
Isn't their 3.5L V6 a leader in its class? 270hp @ 6200 RPM.

>This
Cant remember if these only came cvt, if so I couldn't honestly say yes. But the 3.5 vq is a damn good engine and its hard to argue with that
see

Mitsubishi?

Nissan is rental car tier.

Doesnt Chevrolet's 3.6 v6 make 305?

Mitsubishi's unparalleled build quality makes it #1 best car manufacturer all time.

Literally a Honda Accord engine

The nissan micra has never lost in a drag race.

Honda's J35 engine would like a word with you.

>in its class
>lrn 2 read
if the vq was 3.6l it would make at least 400hp theoretically

Mine is CVT. I've never personally had any problems with it but I have heard of their unreliability. Fun to drive for a four door sedan though.

Lol, the G37 makes around that much power but manages to still be as fast as a V6 Accord.

>Satanic trips
>Claims .1l adds 130hp
>vq fanboy
>pls Veeky Forums

If you like it that's not too bad for a daily. Careful with that cvt, I'd look at failure warning signs and sell if you think it'll go bad soon. If not then hoon it bro

Toyota kinda sucks.

>Z cars ur shit
>Buy Mustangzzz
>Buy Cuckmaro
Like everyone else and their mother?

Probably because the other person didn't know they were racing

This

Put your memes aside, S chassis are great cars. In stock form they are reliable, KAs are great. The cars are pretty boring in stock form tho, they will need mods, but then there comes the kids who break them and their reputation goes downhill.

I don't have GTR and don't want one but I am a firm beliver Nissan lead the Import car world when the R32 came out and was the most innovative car manufacturer until the end of the 90s.

>S30 one of the most important and iconic cars of all time
>Z31 fastest car out of Japan in the era using japans first ever V6
>Z32 produced before all the other iconic 90s sports cars
>R32 dominated its class
>S13+ One of the most versatile sports car platforms around

>implying I would buy either the Rustang or Cuckmaro

god tier in the 90s

went bankrupt, got bought by the faggots in frenchland and now have the most boring uninspired garbage I've ever seen.

>08 altima
>respectable

Who would buy a 300zx when the RX7 or supra exist?
Who would buy a 240 when the rx7 and supra exist?
Youre comparing different classes of car idiot.

Great engines (for the most part)
Shit car design language (since late 2000s)

In what way specifically?

Old school Nissan engines are tanks, even their old 4 bangers were chain driven (in a age belts were the import way to do things)
New school Nissan engines are similar, yet lack any sort of soul to them outside specific models.
The Juke 1.6 is well designed considering all the meme small displacement 4s now, and been out for years longer. Yea, carbon buildup and chain explosions on earlier models are known issues.

After the massive success of the Murano, I feel like they decided to make every car look like it in some way. And the Murano isnt great looking.
Also the interior design across all models are still stuck in the late 05-08 era. Its a weird mashup of new, old, and modern designs and its not cohesive at all. Infiniti shows this issue the most.

Compare to Mazda and BMW.

I came here to call you all faggots. Posting best Datsun/Nissan. I got this for 500 bucks fucked up but that piece of shit took me everywhere without a goddamn problem. In the process of building it for rally. Eat shit you will never own a car that you can neglect to put oil or coolant in and it will still not die. Do it with whatever you drive I fuckin dare you.

The NISMO Sentra could have been cool, but they fucked it up.

I'm an Infiniti tech and speaking for the luxury side only, I love most of them and they're all pretty reliable.

Except for the new QX30. That was a MISTAKE to team with Mercedes and start putting their garbage in our cars. Really hope that car just utterly fucking fails in sales because its an enormous pile of garbage.

Also the new twin turbo 3.0L in the Q50 and Q60 makes me nervous, but we'll see how it fares. The 2.0L turbo is Mercedes trash. Avoid

Nissan is dead.

>G37 0-60 in 4.9 sec
>V6 accord in 5.9
>g as fast as accord

didn't realize they still existed in america.

3.0tt
the VG30DETT is back?

>didn't mention the D
WD is also acceptable

Not tech dude but its vr30dett, i think derived from gtr vr38dett

Not one of the new VC series?

The variable compression engines? Dont think those are in production cars yet

I've had all 3 (RPS13, FC3S, JZA70)
Supra isn't really comparable at all. It's great for doing highway pulls & just being a nice cruiser. But FC vs S13 near stock to near stock I'd give it to the S13.
RX7 is a "better" chassis on paper
But the S13 is so much more user friendly when it comes to working on it & even driving. RX's with stock T2 rotorys are slow as fuck

>being
>this
>fucking
>stupid
Holy fucking fanboys

>says the fanboy shilling for a car they don't own, against a car they also don't own, compared with more cars that they've probably never driven
Nah, I'd say you're the fanboy

And you would be wrong.
Go read. Do some research.
Get back to me

Your benchracing won't convince me past completely gutting a NA FC RX7 out & still having it drive slower then a stock KA24 S14.
Also
>SChassis after market support > Rx
Like a 4AC SR5 AE86 feels like it has ALOT more balls then a NA FC3S

No one believes you moron.
A stock miata is faster than an s14. I know because ive raced one more than once.
Stop being retarded
>60hp 4ac is faster than rx7
Lol kys fanboy

Infiniti Express tech here, fuck the QX30 and fuck the 2.0t Q50

half because I had to buy even more fucking tools to work on them, half because fuck mercedes

>sales pulls QX30 into my bay
>guys I'm not certified to do state inspections yet have someone else do the PDI
>oh no this thing just shit oil all over the sales floor can you find out why

>A stock miata is faster than an s14. I know because ive raced one more than once.
Lmao
Where's that proof vid at? Cause I'm gonna need to see it.
Now I gotta go find someone with a Miata and another FC that isn't blown up so I can video a run of both getting stomped by a shitbox 240, then by an 86 for more insult to injury.

youtu.be/LNaSIocKFCo

holy shit my dude I thought it would be closer & would give you the benifit of the doubt, but a fucking single jingle...
Those "S14's" must have been parked.

Hey guys, I found the guy who didn't rev up his friend's FC over 5k.

Get out of here, retard. The NA FC runs circles around the S14. Not to mention it's lighter and has a way stiffer chassis.

We revved that bridge ported bitch without a rev limitter to 9k & blew the coolent seals

Are you fucked in the head?

A bridgeported FC would be making 300+ horsepower with a tune. It must not have been tuned, or he took the engine apart and put it back together without rebuilding it.

>93 replies and no Nissan scum poster

did we win?

>A bridgeported FC would be making 300+ horsepower with a tune.
HAHHAHAHAH no
NA 13b's are trash & it would have been lucky if it ever made 200hp at the eccentric shaft.
Trust me, if you ever get the chance to drive one, the second your foot goes to the floor in first gear is the second your dreams for it dies.

>Like a 4AC SR5 AE86 feels like it has ALOT more balls then a NA FC3S
lol stop posting

retarded nissan scum
go fix your dash with duct tape

I miss my shitbox

>why buy a titan when the tundra exists

I just got a new regular cab titan for much (much) less than a tundra. I test drove both, the titan has a nicer interior, handles and drives better, and came with a 5 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It's a fantastic vehicle.