I was one of the 150 lucky people on Instagram who have been invited directly from mother Alfa Romeo to test the new...

I was one of the 150 lucky people on Instagram who have been invited directly from mother Alfa Romeo to test the new Stelvio as a worldwide preview in Balocco, even before any journalist.

Yesterday was a good day.

Ask me anything if you want, also dumping some images FYI.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/explore/tags/stelvio/?hl=it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We also drove both the 4C and the Giulia Quadrifoglio.

Also, the Stelvio was a first edition with the 2.0 280 hp.

Whoa dude that's awesome! I can't wait to test drive a V6 crossover someday. I've only tried scat pac chargers and P100d Teslas so far.

The front part is better in real life, rather than viewed in photo, but the side and rear area got me.

This is the 4 cylinder version, the V6 is the Quadrifoglio (which wasn't there unfortunately).

I didn't expect that this thing would have been like a normal Giulia with a higher driving position...literally I felt like driving the sedan, it was impressive.

Obviously I'd go for the Giulia if I had the money...

The seats are the same you can find on the Veloce/TI and are fully electric.

How did it feel driving a glorified Kia Sportage?

As I said, it's like driving a taller Giulia sedan: cool.

I also met our lord and saviour and I asked him if they're planning to release a Giulia coupè and he replied: "You'll see soon".

>Geneve motorshow.mp4

>italian brand known for making fun & enjoyable sports cars makes an autistic crossover
>"yesterday was a good day"

kill yourself

Whoa, a 4 cylinder crossover. So much jelly.

You wonder why car manufactures can get away with this, just look at OP. They get their cocks sucked by normies that have such low expectations on how a car should feel like.

1) These autistic crossovers and suv are bought by many people and the money they pump inside the company are used to develope things like Giulia Quadrifoglio and the next Alfa Romeo cars.

2) FCA spent 5 billions for the Alfa Romeo reborn, so they have to get some money back

3) If you drive this Stelvio I assure you that you'll change idea, it really drives better than any other crossover. Just test drive one when you can, trust me.

Alfa Romeo is woefully underperforming in the US. No one in the US is going to pay $70k for a V6 autotragic sedan.

you actually sound jealous.

OP how did it feel, quality-wise? Did the trim rattle and bend like a new merc?

Please go away with your frustration, stupid motherfucker.

Nobody wants to listen to your childish whining here.

If you don't like the car it's ok, but stop it.

Also the underperforming autism you're keep calling is related to the production process...they have to supply the whole world with a new company project, what do you expect? They don't produce 1000 cars per day.

They couldn't be a bit subtler on the copying?

Snek copying kimchi, sad!

>OP how did it feel, quality-wise? Did the trim rattle and bend like a new merc?

Nope, because the cars we were driving (there were also other Stelvio in other colours) were actually production models and are the same that will be sent to journalists.

Quality wise it's a better Giulia inside, you can also notice the interior moldings on the doors are wider than the Giulia, they cover a bigger surface, so I'm sure they'll look beautiful in a wood trim.

The engineers told us that the gear ratios are also very close to the ones found on the 2.0 280 hp in the Giulia.

Interesting. Did it feel 'sporty' to drive or is designed to waft down the highway and through the city?

Apart from suggesting you a visit to an oculist, if you really know any older Alfa Romeo you would find some very interesting recalls such as the air vents or the steering wheel itself.

Stop being a faggot please.

holy shit a mazda cx5

forgot the picture

Both of the same.

It's really comfy, the steering wheel is sharp, and if you put the car in Dynamic it became alive and it's a pleasure to drive it on the Balocco track.

A bigger Giulia, indeed.

wew

Thats good, they haven't tried to dictate what the consumer should want by making their sedan sporty and this crossover really wooly. Are they built on the same chassis?

hope you got paid

You sound a little frustrated that your 4 banger crossover doesn't impress anyone and won't sell.

>implying there is an original crossover design

reported

>autism
>uses instagram
pick both OP

Of course, both on the Giorgio platform.

insta is one of the most normie things to have on one's phone

Does anyone actually think the front end of this, or the Giulia, looks good?
The rest of it is mediocre, but those front ends are disgusting filth.

Well actually I made an instagram profile only because I have the app and I could access with my facebook credentials.

All I did was to put a like on the Alfa Romeo page and my name was extracted.

If this is autism according to you...but guess who spent a whole day at a car manufacturer private track driving a new model and two sport cars.

>protip: not you jelly butthurt fucker

why is it so ugly?

fucking crossovers. the acid wash of vehicle production. very few of us will be able to maintain we never bought one but those of us who can will forever be superior.

OP here.

Pic related, to me, is the only original suv with an overall strong style.

The Stelvio is very smooth looking and well proportioned but it's too similar to the Giulia, even if I like it.

>he thinks instagram is bad

basement dweller detected

Damn those are nice wheels on the stelvio.
Looks like it has the same weird door opening the giula has though.
quality thread will get ruined by shitposts

I tought it was somewhat ugly on the front (the trilobe is too big) judging by the photos but once I had it in front of me I changed my mind and now I like it even if not at 100% rate.

It's like Lexus design, in photo it looks that every car is made of edges and shit but you have another impression live.

They told us that if you order a diesel Stelvio you'll be given in the meantime a 2.0 280 hp petrol Stelvio to give back once your car will arrive.

I didn't understand if you have to pay monthly for it or if it's free of charge (just pay for petrol and that's it), but indeed it's a nice marketing idea.

Why didn't Alfa put all that effort into their cars when they actually looked good ;_;

Because of the old Fiat management.

As of today they are history luckily.

The only idiots can be found in the marketing department for Italy, while for example the marketing department in north america is AAA.

Pic related (sorry for the extremely poor quality but it's the only picture I found) was also among us.

He's the new Ferrari Formula 1 pilot, Antonio Giovinazzi.

I don't give a fuck about Formula 1, though.

I'm just upset because Brera is one of the coolest looking modern cars, and it's a piece of shit, while the new Alfa's are apparently pretty good cars despite the derivative styling.

So are you going to post videos of you driving it?

Nobody cares how generic cuckover #78 looks if it drives good.

It looks like shit, but if it's fun to drive then that's all that matters

Using Instagram is the opposite of autism, it's the most normie thing you can do.

No I won't because I don't have any video to post.

This is a picture of a model with the wood trim.

I prefer cream leather

Here you can see the other photos of the event, including the pics of the Giulia and the 4C we drove:

instagram.com/explore/tags/stelvio/?hl=it

>getting this upset somebody on the internet doesn't like the car you sat in

Thats literally what crossovers are

Your attempts at trolling are childish at max.

Obviously I know that you have autism because you're a tripfag, but please get checked asap also for your fantasy in which you're a mechanic

Because the experience of a fucking neckbeard that drives a corolla or any other japanese shitbox is anything of value.
Fuck off, whiny bitch.

Where's the trolling? You are clearly upset that someone doesn't like the car you sat in. Is sitting in a $50k car such an immense moment in your life that you now must defend the cars honor?

Any Japanese shitbox ever made is nicer than your diesel Fiat.

jump off a cliff, pietro armellini, no one fucking cares about your rebadged fiat 500

captcha MILANO Freedom

Why do you always have to be such a butthurt faggot in every thread about italian cars?

Did Ferrari touch you in the no-no spot?

I like these passive aggressive bumpings.

Well done Mario

What am I butthurt about?

Nobody hates Italians, usually the hate is for the French.

Take the opportunity to inform them that crossovers are cancer and they should feel bad.

But they actually made the crossover nice and desiderable. They're innovators m8.

0.001 € have been transferred to your account.