Jump Start failed

>roommate has a 2014 Mazda 3
>battery is dead
>try to jumpstart it with my car
>red on dead, red on live, black on live, black on ground
>let it run for a couple minutes
>hit start button on his car, nothing except a constant ticking sound (starter solenoid?)
>wait another couple minutes
>try again, still nothing
>disconnect
>now there isn't even enough battery power to lock the doors

What did we fuck up? Is this not a grounding point?

Thats not a good ground.
Use the battery negative

no, you absolute retard, its not

if you cant find a groud point just put it right on the negative terminal and stand back a bit

Try one of the metal nuts in the triangle above your circled area

also not a ground point

Find a ground on the block It's going to be your best bet
But maybe it's all in vain his battery might have a few dead cells

>he thinks that's a grounding point
>laughingbitches.jpg

Clamp it to your nuts, dipshit. Find something that connects to unpainted metal, or just use the negative terminal like a normal person. See the ring terminal connected to the right side shock tower? That's a grounding point.

I couldn't find a battery negative, could you mark it?

Oh, there's one on the left side shock tower too.

Read the fucking owners manual dipshit. It will tell you the preferred ground if your car is too shitty to clearly mark it.

Just go terminal to terminal pussy. That dead ass battery isn't giving off any hydrogen. People did it this way for a 100 years and didn't constantly blow themselves up.

If the battery doesn't hold a charge it might be fucked. Running a battery down to the point of not being able to power door lock actuators is not good.

You're supposed to ground it to the chassy

Whats a chassy?

i've had a similar problem. the jump charge wouldn't flow through the dead battery. nothing to do but taxi it out to the costco to pick up a new battery, replace, good as new.

can you even get to the chassis on a modern car, they are like an inch off the ground and wrapped in plastic

just look at that engine compartment, what a nightmare, i though modern trucks were getting cramped but that mazda is on a different level

Its not cramped at all.
Go look at one in person
>t. mazda3 owner

How is that cramped at all?

Just because it isn't some foxbody I-4 doesnt mean its cramped

The negative terminal and positive terminal are literally right fucking there why not jump start from the two like you are supposed too? Are you seriously fucking retarded?

Red goes to red
Black goes to black

+ goes to +
- goes to -

What the fuck, OP.

The car also needs to be running in order to jump start another car.

>Is this not a grounding point?

It is on several cars. On mine for example, it is the preferred ground for jump-starting according to the manual and "GND -" pressed into the metal right next to it.

OP still a retard for not reading the manual.

b-but my owners manual tells me not to. You're not "supposed" to do it that way because it might start a battery explosion or some bullshit.

Do what the manual says, not what the retards here say. Someone who knows a lot more about the car than anyone here wrote the notes that became that manual.

Don't worry about the paradox of me telling you not to do what anyone here tells you to do, then telling you to do what the manual says. You'll just hurt your brain.

>can't even jump start a car
>this is Veeky Forums
Such colossal retards on this board

Get a couple people to help push-start it.

>the Veeky Forums brilliance keeps coming

Is this even possible on an automatic? OP probably 'drives' auto.

no it's not

>inplying thats not the goat suggestion

Modern cars are too "smart" for their own good.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some "safety" feature kicking in and not starting because it detects abnormal battery conditions or some shit.

If you look closely, you can see a wire coming from your ground terminal that runs off into the car. That thick ass guage of a wire is bolted onto unpainted metal on your chassis. You could have done what everyone else and their grandmothers have been doing for decades with +/+ -/- and have a running car.

Modern cars have fail-safe equipment. The car will indicate an issue with the charging system with a glowing battery icon if there was an issue. Otherwise, they'll operate until something fails due to user negligence.

I meant anything connected to the chassie, like the strut tower bolts

>Posting on Veeky Forums
>Not knowing what a chassee is
Wew

it's not even possible on a manual when it's somewhat modern