Tfw EE major in undergraduate

>tfw EE major in undergraduate
>tfw get a job at a hedge fund making $165k before even graduating

Electrical Engineering is GOAT major. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
wallstreetoasis.com/forums/my-guide-on-how-to-get-a-hedge-fund-job-out-of-undergrad
glassdoor.com/Salaries/hedge-fund-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How is it goat if you're making that much at a hedge fund not doing EE? Are you retarded? Or somehow saying 165k isn't impressive?

If this is bait then you got me

Because quant funds hire EEs like crazy. I have friends who are starting out at 400k.

Do they mostly do C++/assembly/FPGA stuff? Or are they actually doing quant stuff?

How did you/ your friends manage to land that job?

What experience and qualifications did you have?

that hand

that pic

is it time?

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk

>Study applied & engineering physics
>work out a dirt cheap method of creating muons
>create muon-catalyzed fusion reactor
>dominate global energy
>become trillionaire

So suck my dick faggot

ITT: Things that didnt happen

No you don't. No hedge fund pays newly graduated employees a dime over $150k, facts. Stop roleplaying and telling yourself that you're going to get a job in a field that you're unqualified to work in making an amount of money that is unrealistic for your skills and major. If you don't stop telling yourself these lies then you're going to be devastated when you graduate and actually have to work as (if you're lucky) an electrical engineer barely making (again if you're lucky) $80k starting salary. If money is what you're after then you picked the wrong major bud.

Seriously, why would a hedge fund need a glorified electrician on hand? What could you actually do in relation to investments and portfolio management that someone who actually majored in a relating field couldn't do better, faster, and with less on-the-job training?

>making $165k before even graduating

I think you meant $65k, not even senior engineers make that figure chump.

People like to lie online.

Don't waste your time, graduates all have to learn the hard way

6-figures right out of college is just a meme that engineering firms spread in order to saturate the labor market to justify paying people less.

This isn't total bullshit, it's quite normal for the financial sector to take engineering students over finance kids because their skills at analyzing situations are much better.

Hedge funds don't hire new grads. Gotta do slave work in IB first.

Don't be misleading. Banks take engineering students that major in FINANCIAl engineering, not electrical or mechanical. Analytical skills aren't specific to engineering majors either, as many degree paths will can (and do) lead students to be able to analyze situations better than your average person who didn't go to undergrad.

>wallstreetoasis.com/forums/my-guide-on-how-to-get-a-hedge-fund-job-out-of-undergrad

HFs actually do hire recently graduated employees. The fact that you don't research things that you claim (or act) to know as fact leads me to believe you don't even work in finance.

Oh a blog. They also have "5 TIPS ON HOW TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE BEFORE 18!!"

I work for a small private equity firm in California and Hedge Funds has always had the aroma of experience. care.

Hedge funds hire all kinds of people, stop bullshitting. RenTech hires astronomy people just because they know how to spot noise in data. If you have a useful skill, you will get hired.

Being hired for having a specific useful skill that very few posses is vastly different from being hired because you have a major that literally hundreds of thousands of other kids in your country also have. Also keep in mind that RenTech is not a fucking hedge fund which is what we're discussing.

You couldn't be bothered to read a few paragraphs yet you work in PE? Righto mate.

Why not do data engineering and not risk your future.

>$80k starting salary.
>If money is what you're after then you picked the wrong major bud.
lol fuck the both of you
i was extremely glad to come out school to immediately earn $80k in a year working no more than 40 hours and with amazing benefits at 22
how delusional can people be, that's nearly double us household median income for a single person at the very start of a career, it puts you in like the top 10% of all salaried workers
the only way to get more out of school is to work in some of the highest CoL locations on the planet

What's your job and what did you major in? Also where did you attend undergrad and did you go to graduate school? We're probably comparing apples to oranges with this wage-rate talk. But just so you're up to speed on the discussion, these are the median wages for starting HF employees (analysts):
>glassdoor.com/Salaries/hedge-fund-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm

Although, you don't always get these jobs right after finishing undergrad. The majority of finance or engineering majors only make about $50k (give or take depending on location & CoL) after graduation.

EE and I work as an EE and I went to my local state school for free

the point is you're all talking like anything under six figures is peanuts which is just a completely skewed attitude towards compensation imo

I graduated from Columbia undergrad then attended Wharton where I received my MBA. Both of my degrees are business oriented (high-finance, investment banking type shit) so anything under 6 figures is offering my labor for less than it's actually worth. Like I said earlier, apples and oranges friend. Nothing wrong with being an engineer and/or making under $100k by the way, it's a respectable job and still good compensation.

you'll be happy to know i was in huntsman, room G50 drawing dicks on the whiteboard yesterday

OP here. I would post proof if I knew a good way of doing so. The 165k figure is 100% true.

timestamp + contract showing 165k salary

i bet youre actually a lying dog, i bet you're a filthy neckbear who works at a walmart parking lot sucking dicks. I bet you're a mexican.

I can literally type up any contract I want from any random company and print it. What you suggested proves nothing.

>so anything under 6 figures is offering my pedigree for less than it's actually worth

Small correction :^)

>being a quantcuck
Lmao

To be fair, many people in finance work twice the hours of an engineer and earn about twice their salary (+bonus).

Just take a screenshot of your online paycheck, you must get pay monthly.
Also, where do you even live OP? If you're in NY 165k isn't more than 120k in a normal state.

This, also interrested if they use any asics in hedge funds super comps / configs.