>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

wubbems with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Sweet weather huh

try this with your 1,000lb adventure tourer

>10 days after going over my handlebars on the dirt trail my chest still has pains

am I going to die guys

Yep :)

>completely stripped clutch bleeder screw
JUST FUCK MY SHIT RIGHT UP

Anyone have any ideas

I hope so.

probably broke a rib m8

buy new one or stop doing things you know nothing about.

Drill it and tap it lol.

that or put a pair of vice grips on it, is already fucked right?

How can you be this retarded to not stop while it was obvious it was being stripped.

>Own a Harley
>Maintain it regularly

>Buy a Japanese sportbike
>Go to change the oil
>None of my tools fit

WHAT THE FUCK

why is this shit so hard

>get into car accident
>chest hurts like a bitch because of seat belt
>two days later I am 100% ok

You are low test. Inject hormones.

I just got to the point where I was going to bleed this shit. It was fucked before I touched it.

Vice grips it is.

>helmet
do want

I was thinking about my cheap pakistani motorcycle jacket and noticed it lacks chest protection.

I'm considering buying like a black Icon motocross chest protector and wearing it under a Carhartt jacket or the such.

I think road rash is overrated and leaning toward hard armor that will keep my bones intact.

In future don't use imperial tools on metric bolts, hows that one sound?

too hard for an American i know, but that is where you fucked up.
.2 of a mm too big of a socket/spanner is a huge amount out when it comes to stripping bolrs, you even have evidence of this.

>He dosent own a metric tool set

Nice dude, good job wearing a seatbelt.

See

I live in america

why the fuck would I own metric stuff, we don't use that system here

well that bike is all metric shit for future reference.

>my cheap pakistani motorcycle jacket

how is this even posible

>Not having both
Jap bikes and American cars are dope

>I think road rash is overrated

Brittany Morrow

No fucking shit it's not like I hadn't realized that the whole time I've been working on it.

New bike, who dis?

Modern american cars use metric but i bet youre to poor to have a car that was not made 40 years ago

do americans even own superior metric tools?

What are the chances I can get an Indian scout if I walk into a dealership with $8,000 dollars cash at a dealership next week

ur boipucci

No point unless you buy foreign shit.

Yes, I've got both.

Post boipucci

they own my dick

one day boipucci guy, you'll get your boipucci

godspeed

So Americans only have quality tools if they buy quality things that require them?

Makes sense, anything that uses nothing but imperial is always terrible when it comes to every aspect of quality, otherwise why would NASA use metric?

Post your memebikes

>imperial
Is brit, americans use SAE.

>being proud of using inches
kek

Anything to do with building buildings in the US, and the associated things inside, is all done in SAE. This market is much, much bigger than the auto industry

That has nothing to do with sockets. Sockets are SAE.

Because you dropped out of school.

sae is inches.
how is it not imperial?
you measure your sockets in inches, it makes no god damned sense.
especially when you realise an sae socket will kinda almost fit most metric bolts just enough to strip them.

shit like you have to use a 21/64 on an 8mm socket and it is .3 of a mm too big.

I genuinely challenge you to find a bolt that uses a 21/64 head, and the associated socket in use anywhere.

:^)

Society of Automotive Engineers, even oil is sae.

100% Memevalves and single-sided memearm reporting in.

Bong here, we use metric for almost everything nowadays. The only things I can think of that aren't are:

>Weight - It's about an even mix of stone/lbs and kilos.
>Pints of stuff - Everything else is in litres, but milk and beer is still pints.
>Height - Still feet and inches, probably because it's easier for people to visualise.
>Long distances - Miles
>Speed - Mph

Oh, and for some reason, industrial tubing thicknesses/diameters are often still imperial.

none in merica will, the point is that is what most americans will use on an 8mm bolt to strip it though.

or i guess they might hammer a 5/16 onto an 8m...?

No, most Americans when working on a Japanese bike use metric and use 10mm for all but two bolts because everything is 10mm.

How dense are you?

Somebody should fund a comedy show about americans professionals trying to deal with the metric system.

Little bit less dense than water, somewhere around 985 kg/m3

reminder that half helmets run the risk of leaving you with no face in the event of a crash

Who the fuck wears half helms?

I wear a 3/4 helmet on a casual smooth ride

>Dirt bikes are meant for off road
And sidewalks :^)

lmaoing @ you're life when you snap your fucking jaw going 10mph

Eurocucks jealous that lowly Mexican carpenters have a better understanding of fractions than they do.

Yeah, but you're retarded and ride bikes that barely crack 15kmh

It was $40.

She's still alive and walking though right?

Tru. The key is to not crash

Sure, but isn't it better to have no broken bones AND no road rash?

>american professionals are mexicans

Sounds about right.

So my service manual says to loosen the axle nut on the left but every video has someone using a wench on the right in the opposite direction. Am i fine to just have a go at only the axle nut

also is normal household water pressure through a nozzle on a hose fine for spraying down the engine and lower triple tree

hey boyos

new to bikes here. are 300cc sportbikes more fun than 650 dual sports?

gtfo with your gay ass metric system

lolno

>300cc sports bike

only if it actually has a decent power/weight ratio

like my bike

You'll probably be fine to loosen the left one, but you might need a spanner on the other side to hold the opposing nut, to prevent the axle from just spinning.

As for the hose, you should be fine as long as it's not being sprayed through a nozzle on a 'jet' setting or anything.

It's entirely subjective, but I'd say that a 650 dual sport is more versatile, and will almost definitely accelerate faster in all gears. Obviously, the 300 might offer a more refined experience/engine character, and be happier on the highway (for a given value of happy), but that's more or less where the clear advantages end.

Personally, I'd either pick the dual sport, or look at 500s if you still want sport styling/sportish ergonomics.

>to prevent the axle from just spinning.
fook

now i need to find a wrench

>not gearing up so you can ride like a moron

youll never get faster till you crash a few dozen times

also, chicks dig scars

Yeah, hence the Carhartt jacket + pants. A Icon vest wouldn't fit over or under my current moto jacket.

Idk I ride a KLR650 and commute on it and full moto armor would be excessive.

So im leaning toward hard armor worn over or under normal people clothes. Not going to run errands or go to work wearing racing leathers on a shitty KLR.

I have nice medical insurance so I just mostly don't want to die or be crippled. If I lose a little booty meat in a slide cause I'n wearing Dickies instead of motorcycle pants I can live with that.

Bit of a long shot, but does an Aus chic who rides a seriously fucking worked/custom TW200/TW225 post here?

Just ran into her tearing up the Adelaide hills, had a /dbt/ sticker on the back of her helmet.

>tfw couldn't keep up with her through the twisties and completely lost her

what does /dbt/ think as far as how these look

>look
they look faaaaaabulous.

Anyone know what bike this is?

I need them for work as well as riding, so alpine star leg dildos aren't gonna cut it.

I just wanna know if they look too xxXXTACTICOOLXXxx before I spring for them

>tfw you are so slow you can't keep up to a sheila on a tw225
git gud m8

Front fairing is Honda CBR
Undertail means around 06 model year
Can't tell if 600 or 1k

>new bleeder screw
>Clutch is gravity bleeding
>It fucking starts on starter fluid
It runs like shit right now though, and dies with more than a quarter throttle. Any ideas?

There's a 2006 ninja 250 for sale an hour out for only $1000, has

Main jets clogged?

I really hope not. These pipes are loud as shit though.

It'll get up to 6k rpm of I hold it at half throttle but it's hard to get there

Unless it's in perfect condition externally you probably can't get $2000 for it.
The age and 300 meme is finally starting to kill the Ninja 250 market.

this guy gets it

Definitely the jets. Buy some Pinesol.

It's a 2006/7 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, but with a slightly different side fairing. The other panels are all original, from the looks of it, just that panel's different.

WHERE THE FUCK DID I LOSE MY DISC LOCK REEEE

Maybe that's why it's $1000 to begin with. If I could expect $30 to rebuild the carbs and ~$60 state sales theft, what kind of profit margin would I be looking at if I spend $1100 on it? Could I sell it for $1800-ish? Lowest I'd want to even get involved with would be a $500 profit, so could it fetch at least $1600 fully operational do you think?

Mother fucker I just soaked the fuckers in Pine Sol for two days. And I soaked the Jets in carb solution. They looked clear

You could probably sell it for 1400. They're not worth shit.

Was the tank clean?