Hello fellow members of Veeky Forums, I wanna pick up my buddy's AE86. He's asking $3500...

Hello fellow members of Veeky Forums, I wanna pick up my buddy's AE86. He's asking $3500. It's got the 4AC unfortunately, but it does have coilovers, a Bride bucket, HKS catback and only 120,000 miles. Body is straight, needs some new paint. Interior is 9.5/10. All it needs is a new clutch to be daily driveable. Is $3500 fair?
also let's post up some retro JDM rides

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W8HqWyAbGCk
youtube.com/watch?v=B-3JAxQn9pg
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5983320100.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Completely fair.
Do it

ruined trash.

don't bother. get a real 4age one.

buy it and swap a JDM 3SGE in it if you have the money/time.

vids very related.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8HqWyAbGCk

youtube.com/watch?v=B-3JAxQn9pg

Are you buying this as a project car or DD?

a 4age is only like $1200, I wouldn't mind swapping one over.

3SGTE or bust

3SGE with ITB's >

sounds way better too.

It will be a summer car/project, definitely not driveable in the winters here lol

So buy it, get rid of the trash engine and pick up a JDM 3SGE for around $1500, it makes 200hp at the crank. which is perfect for the AE86

Watch those videos. trust me

Any pictures of it?

damn that sounds good

Unfortunately no, but it really is in great shape. The paint is faded and it has a few very small dents but it's in fantastic shape inside and mechanically. The sunroof even works haha

buy it dude.

I dont know where you are but Im in Connecticut and this faggot is currently selling his AE86 GTS and thinks he's going to get anywhere close to his asking price.

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5983320100.html

I would say that's a little too much motor for my goals lol. That'd be like what, a minimum 300hp in a 2100lb car? Sounds fun but not balanced

>newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5983320100.html
That's definitely in alright shape but man that paint sucks and who knows how much rust is hiding in there.
also no one gives a shit how much money you spent buying JDM bumpers, what a bitch

you need a new t50 bellhousing, wiring, an ecu, and if you want to do the full deal, gts final gear, rear discs, a new cluster, and probably more, I might be forgetting stuff.

go for it though, especially if its in good shape

thats really not too bad if the body's solid, especially for the east coast. they're rare in the northeast.

still not worth $7.8k

supply and demand, my friend

What are some other good 80's/90's rwd hatches?

Looking for something fun, moderately practical ( 5 seats, room to throw more than a miata worth of shit in the back) and easy to work on myself, but really don't want to pay the AE86 tax.

[spoiler]AE85[/spoiler]

Oh look this thread again, I cant understand you want to put this much time and money in a shitbox from a manga also OP these fags have never owned a car so don't be surprised these 'expert's are going to cost you money move on and buy something thats younger and has a better mileage.

I should mention that it is an SR5. From what I've read it all transfers right over. I would change out the axle anyway, no reason not to
s12

this is a bad post and you should feel bad.

3SGTE anything under 10k finished is pretty fast and cheap regardless of it being a meme car

>s12

Awesome, I didn't even know they were a thing.

Also looking at the Celica Supra and Starions.

OP back, I doubt anyone is still watching this lol but the rear end has been swapped with a GTS. the only non-GTS parts left on the car are the motor and gas tank, apparently

yea a swap should be easy then. like mentioned, youll need a 4a-ge bellhousing, the engine itself, a 4a-ge wiring harness, and the ecu. a gts cluster as well, but that's kind of optional. the gas tanks arent any different besides that kouki gts tanks had baffling so that the engine isnt starved for fuel around corners.

Seems I can grab all that for like $1200. Such an easy swap. Can't wait to dive into this thing

they're really fun cars. the 4a-ge might not be the most powerful engine, but it sounds divine, especially once t-vis opens up, and you can rev the piss out of them. i really miss driving mine because its away for the winter.

That does it, get it. You're never going to get such a great deal on these ever again.

All you need is the engine and the wiring harness bud

This.

buy it and put a beams motor in it. 3500 is fair.

Can you do wiring that will be the hardest part

you ~can~ use an sr5 bellhousing, but you're at higher risk for the clutch fluid boiling because of the positioning of the 4a-ge's exhaust. it's much safer to just get a gt-s bellhousing. also you need a gt-s speedometer gear if you want the speedo to be accurate.

Heat wrap dude, I had it like that in my car

it has an sr5 trans in it already, my friend got halfway through changing everything moved over and lost the will lol

I'll just buy a pre made harness, assuming my motor doesn't come with one

>3.5k for a 4ac
Hello Itsuki

$2.5k is reasonable if you can access a cheap clutch and 4age and you have the ability to do the swap.