Is there any way to smoothly downshift without rev matching...

Is there any way to smoothly downshift without rev matching? Is the only way literally to keep braking until the RPMs drop enough that you can do it without jerking or over revving? I'm asking this because I haven't learned to rev match yet because I'm trying to get comfortable just driving for now. Even if you rev match though, you still have to slow down a bit with the brake to bring the revs down, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_and_Grichka_Bogdanoff
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Braking
Literal what
Take your foot off the gas when you press the clutch.

Treat your clutch as a wear item.

I mean I brake and bring the car to an appropriate speed for the gear. I use the shift points from my manual to ballpark where I should downshift, so if I shifted to third gear at 43 km/h, if I need to shift back into third gear from fifth or fourth, I will gradually brake without adding gas until I reach 43 km/h and then I'll downshift. This method seems to work, but sometimes I need to downshift without slowing down so much (for example, if I might want more torque to overtake another vehicle). In this case it seems inevitable that the car gives a bit of a buck.

>bogpill on Veeky Forums
i hate the winterball so fucking much

You don't have to rev match perfectly. Just get it close enough. The clutch disengagement itself will smooth out any minor differences

This. I was afraid of attempting rev matching at first, but as you blip the throttle at all its much smoother.

Does it matter if you blip the throttle before you move the shifter or after? No, right, because your clutch pedal is down so the gears are disengaged from the engine?

I tried rev matching a couple of times but I still got a jerk. Am I letting off the clutch too slow in this case or too fast?

Can I get a quick rundown on your image there?

Italian (I think) celebrities, got addicted to plastic surgery due to mental illness and fucked up their faces

They are French/Russian.

Imo this is a silly time wasting habit of yours and you should probably just learn to Rev match

You should blip the throttle when you have the clutch engaged yes and let out the clutch when the Rev meets the appropriate rpm

Don't worry about when you blip either when it's in gear or between gears. When you have the clutch engaged its for all intents and purposes in neutral. Sure that wears on your throw out bearings a little more than normal but it's not a big deal

The Rothschild bow down to them

two old european noble descendants, their mother is a whore. they are twins that both have doctoral degrees in theoretical physics or some bullshit, they wrote a fake paper and got it published. big shit happened, they started doing tv and fucked up their faces. refuse to talk about their fucked up faces in interviews.

>is there a way to downshift smoothly without downshifting smoothly?

Let me know if you find out

Clutch up slower.

Only in america. In europe, the clutch is meant to last for well past the first decade. When it goes, the car's generally old enough for it not to be worth replacing.

I'm murrican and my clutch has lasted 12 years and 160,000 miles. But it's still a wear item that's meant to be replaced, otherwise you'd have to replace the whole tranny when the pad goes.

>clutches aren't wear items in Europe
U dum

someone explain these 2 for me?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_and_Grichka_Bogdanoff

the are the bogdanov twins, they control those who control the world, they exist in all times and point and planes of existence, even those that theoretically exist, and is, are, and always will be

you have been bogpilled