Any modern cars that can be taken off on mild trails?

I would imagine you guys will slam me with Subaru suggestions, but I feel like they are too close to the ground and will get stuck. Was thinking the Suzuki SX4. Shorter wheelbase let's it get away with less ground clearance.

Want a general purpose, do-all / jack of all trades vehicle.

Don't need the best mpg, or space, or drive feelz or speed. Just don't want compromise if I want to go on a road trip and venture out on some forest trails, or go out in the desert and camp under the stars.

Other urls found in this thread:

jeep.ca/en/4x4basics/trailrated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also can someone redpill me on the various Subaru models, there are Outbacks that look like sedans, and Outbacks that look like Crossovers, and Outbacks that look identical to Imprezas.

>redpill me
Goodbye.

I'd suggest a 4runner/pathfinder/older land cruiser, or a 4x4 pickup with a long bed and a cap depending on your budget.

this

fuck off back to your shithole

but I constantly see this shit on here, what's the problem?

people want like $10k for a nice 4Runner with 4WD. Or like $4,000 beaten to shit and 2wd.

That's just /pol/ and reddit shitposters trying to be funny with yesterdays memes. It makes you look like a retard.

lmao CTR hillshills still haven't recovered from the ass raping trump gave them

LMAO STAY BTFO

I like Trump. I don't like autistic reddit memes. I'm guessing you weren't old enough to vote this year.

> but I feel like they are too close to the ground and will get stuck.
8.7" ground clearance bruh

I'm a fan

Subaru made a sedan called the Subaru outback in late 90s early 2000 do to a design fault. Literally the people building them read the plans incorrectly and built a sedan and slapped an outback badge on it. The foreman shipped a few of them to a certain dealership and they were sold immediately and they continued production. The outback sedan is considered rare among Subaru enthusiasts because it looks amazing especially if it came with the 30R motor (3.0 H6) the outback name is literally the wagon of Subaru
That's why there are:
Impreza outbacks
Legacy outbacks
And outback outbacks.
In the early to mid 2000 Subaru dubbed the Impreza a "sport " version of their outbacks with different colored side panels and premium badging. That's why you might see a bug eye Impreza or a hawk eye wagon have it say "sport outback" on the back
Now today the Impreza no longer comes in a outback trim though it is still a wagon. The outback is it's own car and the legacy is forever a sedan.

t.Subaru mechanic

>sedans
legacy based sedan and wagons
>impreza
"outback sport" literally a wagon impreza
>crossover
everything new has to be a crossover meme

I bought my 99 4Runner 4x4 with 120k for $5000 earlier this year

Auto?

Sadly yes, but still they are out there

Thank wulf

It's safe to just refer to Imprezas as trash

Depends on your definition of mild.

That being said.

The XV Crosstrek really is about the only "Modern" car that can go offroad, specifically in the CVT trim. You'll burn the clutch out of the manual off road, it's gears aren't low enough. The older Outbacks, specifically the ones based on the Legacy, are also quite capable and have a decent following, there are even lift kits and such for them. IIRC someone even makes a bullbar, believe it or not.

Though, if you need a bullbar on your subie, you're into territory where you should have just brought a Taco or a YJ, so yeah...

Anywho, I'd say Subaru is about it, they've kinda cornered the market on that since the late 90's.

>reddit me
FTFY

That's not an impreza tho.

>he gets this upset over two words

AYO HOL UP
*blows headgasket
YOU BE SAYIN
*understeers
FINNA
*Burns oil
WE BE LIKE
*loses torque
KNOWHAHIMSAYIN
*Trunk sticks
YO
*Grenades turbo
WE WUZ RALLY AND SHEEIT

Forester XT. Foresters are always the right answer.
-t. Carpet munching legbeard bulldyke Forester fan.

this or the awd toyota Hi-Ace. the japs make a good comfy adventure van.

All Jeep models are Trail Rated.

To be Trail Rated means that a Jeep vehicle has excelled and passed tests in 5 critical off-road categories: traction, ground clearance, manoeuvrability, articulation and water fording.

Welcome to Veeky Forums motherfucker, it doesn't even take one word to get upset.

watch

"GTR"

>he actually believes this.

>I know better than engineers who design off-road vehicles for a living.

that's a great deal. I got my '01 last year with 115k miles for $7000

we have a dedicated thread for this pleas go

Where are those sources?

Gl's are based af, even my shitty stock gl that is falling apart is a reliable car and nice on easy trails

jeep.ca/en/4x4basics/trailrated

damn that's some next level snake oil
>people actually eat that shit up

So you're saying that my car is rare?

>When you need the Grey Poupon real badly and the country side is a major short cut.