Has anyone worked as a delivery driver with their own car?

Has anyone worked as a delivery driver with their own car?
There's quite a lot of jobs near me at pizza places asking for delivery drivers with their own cars, and I can't really imagine that it'd be that good.

There's a guy named shingu on here that delivers pizza. He averages 16$ an hour with his tips and bi weekly wage

I averaged 14-17$ an hour slinging pizza for dominoes. It was a second job I had while I worked full time at Subaru

If it's in the right place and it's a busy place, you can pull $20 an hour in tips doing pizza deliveries. Probably the most high-pay low-effort job that requires zero credentials. I learned a lot from shit on my car breaking all the time, so it was good.

Idk about low effort. I had to do a lot of sidework, making pizza, cleaning ovens, cleaning hobo shit from the bathroom (beachside store)

But you can make cash

What about fuel costs and maintenance costs and all that type of shit?

This is why getting paid to park other people's cars is the superior job

You don't have to just deliver pizza. What about Chinese food or Panera or catering in general?

I deliver pizza,for dominos in the city. I havent done the math, but I pull in 55-80 on Fridays and Sat on tips. Sundays a bit less but holidays and shit like UFC fights and superbowl will get you decent tips. On a stupid UFC night i made 190 and thats in moderately low income city

THIS BELONGS IN THE QUESTIONS THAT DONT DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD THREAD

STOP SPAMMING AUTO WITH /B/ AND /POL/ TEIR TRASH

YOU ARE CANCER

My questions always deserve a thread, faggot

Yep good fun job.

Depends on the car. I drive a cheap ass Civic that had a 60k mile engine swap on it. Most of my money I put into the car is because I wanted to, not because it will keep it running. It eats the miles like nobody's business and starts up without any issues.

>new trans shortly after I bought it, only because bad synchros in the old one and I had the money sitting around
>head gasket
>timing belt

This car should be good to go for a long time.

not op, but i applied yesterday at dominos to be the driver, how long did it take for them to call you, or did you have to call them?

They called me pretty quick. Drivers come and go quick. A lot of people suck ass at the job which is pretty amazing. I'd call them and see if the manager has taken a look at your application yet.

Currently work for Pizza hut.
Usually pull 40-110 a night depending on what games are on TV/in town (small college town in Kansas). Really fucking easy and minimal effort. I get to drive my wrx and make money. I also like the fact that i get to leave the store. Never have any issues with people not being happy. Worst comes to worst, we just remake the pizza to shut up a coomplaint. Only downside is if i need to do something to my car has to be quick, or i have to borrow a friends car. Pizza hut is better than papa johns because pizza hut will pay minimum wage all the time + tips where as papa johns pays the $4.whatever when you leave the store to deliver. Easy job and im supporting myself in a 2 bedroom house with a roommate. Also kansas so shit is cheap.

Meh fuel isn't a big issue if you drive a 4 banger.
If you drive a piece of shit it will break more often. I drove my 2015 civic. No issues

I'm at PH as well but we have a dual wage. I guess it depends on the individual stores. We get paid by the mile too based on the car we drive. I get 24 cents a mile while newer cars get like 36.

>captcha related

I saw a guy driving a Ford Excursion for Papa John's near me. Best advice is to not be that guy.

Yea at my store i get no mileage money. Guess it evens out then with my wage.

papa johns boy here
i make up to 140$ a night, depending
bought my first shitbox with it, can afford paying for the insurance and tinkering on it just off this job
only do it if you dont hate yourself, its really draining and nobody there enjoys their job

I guess it depends on the delivery range or something? We do up to fifteen miles round trip for some orders. That's over three bucks at the end of the night in my pocket.

>tfw I'm the only one that enjoys it

It's so stress free compared to my old jobs at Family Dollar and overnight gas station clerk. I feel bad for the ones stuck inside, though. Gotta deal with all the bullshit customers.

i honestly dont mind it, i get to drive around and listen to cds all day and get paid a good amount for it
people constantly ask me how i can stand driving for a job and that they "hate driving" but its probably the most enjoyable thing

Yeah I love driving my manual high revving shitbox. My co-workers all drive autos. If I drove my auto car every day I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

I also got pretty bad back and feet problems so the driving aspect saves me a lot of pain. No longer coming home every night aching. Making way more money, too.

Another Papa John's delivery here.
Using my own car is fine, 244k miles on the daily, and sometimes my Meme machine miata in the summer. It's nice driving my cars, I have em set up my way.
Pay is fine, min wage usually. But tips is where its at. I work Tue Wed and Thur every week an d make $120 cash at the end of the week and $100 paycheck.
That said I live and work in a rather Mexican and low income area, and tips are a bitch. Some nights are just good some bad.
I could work the same schedule at another store and make more nightly, but drive more.

Good job if you arent looking to make bank. I can afford living and playing with my car.
Yes i live at home with parents, so no living expenses in that way.

Also you need to like driving. I enjoy cruising around in my daily or fun car on the job.
And the best part of the job is making your own food at the end of the night. Chicken and bacon stuffed 7 cheese calzone thing? Yep.

dude real talk whats your opinion on our bacon stuffed cheese sticks
i think theyre fantastic if you dont put the bacon on it and more cheese
also fuck pan pizza that shits a fucking joke

>tfw high metabolism so never really gain weight
>take home a stuffed crust pizza every other night

It's perfect. We keep getting drivers who hate driving and only do it for the money. Then they get mad because their tips are shit. They always take an eternity to do their deliveries too. They think I'm cheating or something.

This is THE job where "time is money" should be taken literally.

I hope you like the smell of pizza because it's never leaving the inside of your car after a certain amount of deliveries.

I was scared of that when I started but not anymore.

>first delivery car was a 93 auto Civic
>deliver in it for like six months straight
>sell it to a friend and buy current car
>see the old car again, it smells like the day I bought it before I started delivering

The smell really doesn't linger very long.

Fuck man I love pan pizza. I used to not care for them at all when it was an LTO, cause the first wave of pans SUCKED, but the new pans are so easy to clean.
I like the BaChed, but I put the bacon inside, and add chicken inside. It's thicc but gud.
Yeah man I chow down on pizzas like no ones business on the job. It helps when you actually like the product.
The turnover rate on drivers is astonishing sometimes. Take it a bit less seriously, but do be hasty for sure.
I guess I dont notice, but my car doesn't smell like pizza. And none of my friends say anything.

Yeah Pizza Hut was always my favorite growing up so it was a no brainer to go there. I save so much money on food because they let me take home pizza all the time.

I've seen so many drivers get hired and quit I've lost count. I can usually tell which ones are gonna stick around after a few days working with them.

>I used to not care for them at all when it was an LTO, cause the first wave of pans SUCKED, but the new pans are so easy to clean.
my manager eventually was like "fuck it guys just wipe em down" instead of soaking them
>The turnover rate on drivers is astonishing sometimes.
its so wierd. ive been through so many drivers.

Going through drivers fast is probably the best thing. It means no matter where I move to, there usually will be a pizza joint hiring. Pretty bulletproof job security.

im at a crossroads here
the local pizza place is hiring, but the issue is my insurance. to keep it as low as possible, i took off every option including business and delivery. should i tack that on? I'd get more hours than my current job

Yet another papa John's delivery driver here
I average around 400 a week if I don't take a day off (this is just cash tips) I also average over 60 deliveries a week.
Payroll generally nets me around 150 a week
But honestly and truthfully the only reason for me busting so much ass is because I wanna be a manager

60 a WEEK? at 7 days a week? Are you shitting me? That's nothing dude

Do a quote for adding delivery. It probably won't be that much more to pay.

On a decent day I do about 13 deliveries a day. close to 20 on a busy day. Averaging $320 a week though.

Good job showing 4 employees names and your own.... This probably get you fired. :)

I mean I generally work5 days a week. I can only work a full 7 days if I cover shifts.
>not impressive
I wasn't implying it was. I was implying if you want to see that kind of money that's the kind of work you'll get used to putting in.

>Le 400 lb hacker anonymoose
So which one am I faggot?

I deliver for dominoes in my rav4. And i want to kill myself.
But I like driving and listening to music, which I get to do a lot of, so it's not to bad.

and no your car won't smell like pizza so long as you clean it and air it out.

I do about the same a day and I'm barely clearing $200 in two weeks, the fuck.

location location location
user who clears ~400
I deliver to mostly upper middle and upper class and a portion of the extremely lower class town around the corner (yay for metroplex')

My store covers half my city. Granted my city fits inside of a 48 square mile block.

We've got a third of the city covered (aka the better part), and about a fourth each of the two shitholes nextdoor.
>south
apartments
>west
trailer parks

But I mean I'm a cute little fuckboy with manners so I generally get tipped well

i used my 1991 subaru liberty. It was one of the best cars ive ever owned

5 speed manual FWD shitbox. it race it everywhere and revved the shit out of it. It didnt seem to mind curb jumping either. It handled surprisingly tight too, it would only understeer if you tried to take a 90 degree turn at 80 but other than that it felt like it handled on rails. Hand brakeys were good for 180's

However, after using it as a rough beater, it became an oil burner, eventually chewing the rings on cylinder 1. the alternator died twice and the brakes were so sloppy after a few months of hard use. I surprised my starter motor didn't die at all from all the stop start use of the engine. it chewed through tyres due to my curb jumping and needed new steering arms from the abuse

I wouldn't use something you like, i would honestly buy a sub $500 CL special and drive it into the ground

I'd like an opinion on this now that we are on the subject of jobs..
work in a clean room factory making semiconductors.
I work in shifts (day, evening, night) for about $2600/month without taxes. (im european)
I work 21 days in 5 weeks.

How does this sound?

I delivered pizza for 3 years in a 1999 Accord I paid cash for. It went from 95k KM to 235k KM.

In those 3 years, I made about $100,000.

Live alone with all utilities in my own apartment, I bought EVERYTHING electronic, and I just bought a 2010 Accord - in cash again, for $10000 with 92k KM on it. I have $5000 left over in savings, and my mom owes me $6000 from clearing her credit cards. I'm saving for a C5 corvette for a second vehicle.

I highly recommend pizza delivery. It's paid me more than IT did.

>In those 3 years, I made about $100,000.
>I highly recommend pizza delivery. It's paid me more than IT did.
>30k+ a year
what?

I cleared only about $850 per paycheque in IT.

Doing pizza delivery I clear $250 sometimes in a single night. All I'm doing is driving around listening to music, and I add about $1500 to my savings per month. In those 3 years I cleared a $10000 debt, paid off my mom's debt, helped everyone in my family out, went from owning nothing to owning everything, and I've done almost no work at all.

It's a pretty good job I'd say considering I have no education.

Just go to uni for STEM master race and you won't have to haul fat shits their carb disks and rack up miles on your shitbox.

you motherfuckers are really making me consider attempting to get a delivery job. I honestly like the idea of driving around and blasting eurobeat all day and night.

work at small chain, make $1.50 per delivery for gas/car maintenance + whatever tips. average 30 hours a week, average about 450 a week but I also don't get as many deliveries as these other drivers have to work in the kitchen a lot still worth it for me every delivery is like a break from work relaxing job especially if you like to drive. started with a $1k shitbox, now I am in a $7k decent car can afford to live but can't afford anything nice. it is what it is man worked harder at my old job that was $13 an hour before taxes but I make more now and work less hours and easier work so no complaints.

p.s. the 450 a week is after taxes, not before not a glorifying job pay wise but it will get you by for sure

What do you mean by 'IT'? the IT-sector or ... i'm not following.

Do you really make $30k/year delivering pizza?! how any hours a week do you work?

Most my shifts are 4-11 or 4-12, 60% of my income is tips, and I work 5 days a week. I make over $30k/yr delivering pizza. The first year when I was rushing down debt I was doing 6 days a week, for awhile I was also working at costco making $13/hr so working about 76 hours a week.

IT as in fixing/maintaining computers and servers, point of sale for small business and installing new systems, basically a repair shop and I was the guy that drove around for the business fixing things on-site.

I usually clear over $1000 a week, but I also spent $4500 on gas last year because my 1999 accord was a V6 that got 19mpg.

wait no there's no way I do $1000 a week, that would be $200 per day. I probably do about $150 a day on average across the week. Fri/Sat is usually about $200 up to $350, football or hockey big game days are like $250, massive snowfalls are like $250, and I make a minimum of $100 across a full shift.

Sometimes I cover people's 4pm to 8pm shifts on my days off and get like $80-100 for those.

germany, i deliver for a single store (no chain like dominos or whatever) for about 4-5 hours a night.
minimum wage + tips + some cents per kilometer so in the end its about 50-80 €. per day.

its not bad as a second job. otherwise i would sit at the computer all evening so who cares.
i can drive and listen to music for cash.

also its a newer twingo so gas doesnt cost that much for the 50-80km per evening.

>someone actually owns a twingo
wew

well it works. and the older ones, the Veeky Forums meme twingo is the definition of shitbox here

i can respect that. Didn't even know people actually bought twingos. are they popular in europe?

For real. I quit doing delivery when I started doing valet instead. The tips are the same, the effort is even lower (nobody trying to get you to do sidework like cleaning the place or refilling the fridge), and there's no gas/wear and tear on your car as an expense.

it's quite the hustle if you're good.
>drive subaru liberty gen 4
>average 7 minutes for 10 minute eta's, allocated 15 mins
>customer service is less than 1 minute tho some cunts will have you wait for a good 10 minutes because they are too stupid/lazy to answer their door/phone
>spend excess time on return trip smoking ciggys
>$22USD/hr plus tips(Australia so no tips on prepaid orders)
>average $500-800 sales per 4hr shift, tip can be anywhere between a few dollars to $100USD
>don't rush back to the store unless its busy, only dishes await you
>fuel economy is shit, 12L/100km, 80-100km per shift, approx $15 a day

you get really good at heavy traffic driving, not the way people deal with rush hour on their way to work in the morning, as in you need to be quick, single point u-turns in tight streets, lane filter a full sized vehicle, break down lane over takes, good road positioning so you can see house numbers/street names and most importantly knowing where every red light camera is so you can run every other intersection.

> pizza delivery by car

What a strange and alien concept.

t. inner city slicker

Why does the age of your car matter? Do they prefer their drivers having nicer cars, or are they really trying to be nice to the people abusing their newer cars with pizza delivery?

To me, if you wanna use your new car for delivery, that's on you.. Split the difference and everyone gets the same mileage. Maybe they could say "listen.. Your WAT stickers and zip-tied bumpers make Pizza Hut look bad.. Please upgrade" instead, if they're worried about image.

But it's pizza delivery. They're not worried about image as long as the driver looks respectable. Your car is SUPPOSED to be a shit box. Whenever I see a driver in a nice car I think "oh great.. It's some retired fuck and my pizza's gonna be cold" OR "oh great... He's an idiot".

I did delivery for a while, 6 months. Not great money compared to post-school jobs.. But I don't think I've ever had more fun at a job or had my days go by so quickly. I miss it. If I had a shit box, I'd do it on weekends.

I've always done delivery in nice cars. The people with $500 cars have a less enjoyable job and become less reliable because they have more "I can't come into work my radiator is leaking" type of shit where they're down and trying to find another $500 car.

Me on the other hand I bought my car for $6000 and have delivered in it for 3 years straight without any significant downtime, I'm their "lead" driver. Not only do I have one of the nicest cars, but people seem to tip better on a nicer car too because it makes you look more responsible than the person driving the $500 cavalier.

As long as it's something reasonable. Driving in a recent but-not-new honda or toyota looks great compared to driving an old shitbox or a mercedes for delivery

learn to drive dick head, i've never had a collision doing delivery. sounds like your car was just fucked, been doing 30-50 deliverys per shift for ages, brakes and starter are fine, just had to do head gasket because lol subaru
>It's paid me more than IT did.
fucking this. never going back to freelance web dev again.
same hours as me, tfw below tax threshold but not high enough hours to loose muh welfare.
upper class areas look down on people driving shitboxes, they wont tip you if you look poor, they are more likely to complain about the food because they think it's cheap. also the newer your car the less likely(on_average.jpg) it is to break down and not be available to the company, so you pay a tax on potential income loss.

i guess this is it, time to call the insurance company

I should have been more clear. I agree to an extent.. As I said, looking like your car was just the last car standing in a derby isn't a good idea.

However, using a 10k+ car for delivery isn't a good idea either. 6k isn't too bad. Mine was 3k but it looked nice enough to the average pizza eater. There was a guy who, as you mention, was always out with some problem or another. Mine was out once for a water pump for almost a week, but that's all (and it's also the only time it let me down in 4 years... Just so happened to be during the 6 months of delivery).

I see people here in Ottawa sometimes delivering pizza in a 2015-ish Toyota Sienna or new priuses. Saw one driving a 2013-ish CTS in good condition. Just makes no sense. One guy driving during day shifts for Domino's near me drives a 2012-ish Silverado 2500HD.

It's where your depreciation due to mileage starts to eat into your profits. I would never use a car that hasn't plateaued in resale value yet.

you earned more delivering pizza then being an IT expert? That's just messed up.
I have a computer science degree and I make about 40% more working in shifts in a production facility making high end computer chips.

IT is the future they said.. I can install a whole network with Linux and Windows Server architecture but the money is in programming development, it's unfortunate to waste talent like that but what you gonna do when they outsource everything to India and consultency requires you to be a fuccboi.

and a 99' accord with a V6 is a gud car.

This. I was a driver and later a shift runner for 3+ years. Get good at knowing the area and traffic. Make SURE you have attention to detail because if you bring the wrong food it's on you, you have to check the order.

You have to have correct change on you at all times in case of corporate inspection.

You have to get trained on making food (cross training) and sidework

Yeah, I kind of joined up just as Pajeet was taking everything over. I was seriously working my ass off and doing some very great things for businesses.

The main problem with IT was the better you were at your job (setting/fixing things so well shit doesn't go wrong), the less you were needed. You're a needed evil the entire time that your employer wants to get rid of by having things work without you.

Lots of businesses outsourced software and it's support to India, even the remote sales and support of servers. I'd be called in for an on-site job and basically I was translator interfacing with Pajeet because I had no access to anything, and wasn't allowed to do anything. Pajeet was always fucking clueless too and would disregard all of my input, very small problems became entire backup and reinstalls of everything, fucking mad me mad.

I got myself to work with SCCM and do complete migrations, then they go and outsource that shit.

at that moment i felt disgusted and gave a big middlefinger to the underpayed sector that the networking branch of IT is. Good for you for making money delivering pizza's my man.

Did it for one night to help raise money for the fraternity. Was definitely fun, but I wish I had brought a flashlight because some of the interiors were laid out really oddly. Had to drive one up to the door without the lights on because the switch was hidden somewhere and it was too dark to see even with the interior lights.

>tfw only two fun cars showed up
>tfw you were up to park them
>tfw both drivers decided to park them themselves
They were a Countach and a C6. It was about 10 years ago.

My friend just got hired as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut. He told me the range they have him drive and it seems so small, doesn't seem like you'd really be spending much time driving honestly. The more and more I look into it, it seems like its basically just a normal pizza job with deliveries every once in a while.

I made $15/hr adjusted ($5/hr on paper, plus tips). It was the best job I ever worked. Its great money for entry level if you work in the right area. We sold mostly to homeowners, which were way better tips than delivering to broke college kids.

I drove my riced, straight-piped 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS the whole time, it was glorious.

You learn quickly about the odd interiors and where things are in each brand of car.

Bummer about the cars. I guess an R8 came into my work a couple weeks ago but that's the nicest i've heard of coming in. Nicest thing i've driven is a couple of Z06's

dominos in seattle was offering my friend a job as a delivery boy but he would be using an electric/pedal bike mix. sounds like shit to me but he is young so might be worth it for him lol

Did it back in highschool in SoCal.
I was making close to 200 a night. I just did it to keep me busy and for brownie points on my uni application.

I did it in an e39 M5 with no mufflers. The money I made went to paying for speeding tickets kek

Also work at PH, but .31 cpm. Dual wage too. $30 on my worst night $88 my best night so far, have been working approx 4 months.

If I get delivery and they show up in anything ricey/showey, I make it a point to tip nothing

Being a delivery driver for Jimmy John's is a lot of fun, and most people at least at my store have fun working and don't hate their job. Also great if you're a madman behind the wheel and can deliver FREAKY FAST

>bought one of these as my first car and fixed it up
>recommended to work as a driver for dominos pizza
>turned out down just because putting a big dominos pizza light up sign on the roof and getting pizza delivered in a 80s limo would be retarded

Sick MR2!