How do police departments decide who gets to drive their dedicated interceptors?

How do police departments decide who gets to drive their dedicated interceptors?

Do they hold best-driver competitions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9deY0f_CRSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i hope this isn't a real pursuit vehicle. the corvette has legitimate problem with extended track periods

OVERHEATED

>dedicated interceptors

those things are useless for police work, they're just for D.A.R.E. photo ops, community outreach, etc.

Think about it: have you ever seen one of these in a car chase video?

>corvette pursuit car
>lose cops after 6 miles

top kek!

Probably nepotism and brown nosing like they decide everything else.

>he never played NFS:MW on the ps2

feel a bit sorry for you 2bqh SMDH

>Those cruisers with the electric guns on the front

Nightmares...

Yeah, until you just park halfway over the end of a tractor trailer and laugh as the cops destroy themselves 10 feet below

>posting memes from 2016

ew

>dedicated interceptors
>corvette

That wouldn't be a very good interceptor. It's too light and too low. You need something that can touch bumpers on an SUV and have the inertia to PIT when necessary.

But to answer your questions. From what I understand talking to police buddies, most if not all of them are trained in high-speed pursuit driving and incapacitating a vehicle safely. Now when you see COPS and there are a few following them, they'll call on one to perform the necessary maneuver. My guess is that call comes by rank.

They build one if the current top pursuit man is considering retirement. It needs to be more rugged than a corvette. It should survive desert driving and motorcycle collisions.

>on ps2

no, i feel sorry for you

>street racing game with traffic
>on the ps2, with mad pop-in
Come on user, Xbox 360 at least.

Yeah, they suck nitro, 600 horsepower through the wheels!

In Baltimore we had this same mustang as our traffic enforcement car for like 20 years

Check this interceptor.

Cop said they don't really use it, it's for PR and photo ops. Like they'll blare the COPS theme song and do burnouts at the local elementary school.

RIP Toecutter

>SRT 392
>Hurst equipped
>never used how it was built to be
What a waste.

Broward has an interceptor team called Ghost that all drive SRT, RT Challangers with little or no police graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=9deY0f_CRSs

There job is catching Stop light racers and aggressive drivers.

Whatever I say?
What a wonderful philosophy you have.

>only an rt

I am the noightridah

finally, my tax dollars hard at work

>drive around all day in a nice car fucking boiracers over

thats my dream job

that's actually kinda sad. :(

hope it's at least a v8