At what age did you realise worrying about fuel economy is retarded?

At what age did you realise worrying about fuel economy is retarded?

In the very, very best case scenario, a shitbox will get double the MPG of a 'fast' car. If you do, for example, 10,000 miles in a year, the difference in the price you pay for fuel will still only be a little more than a set of tyres. If you don't wipe your butthole with that amount of money you are probably a poorfag and should kill yourself.

I don't think about fuel economy in terms of cost nearly as much as I do the range of the car.

>At what age did you realise worrying about fuel economy is retarded?
when i started enjoying driving again after getting a manual and WOTing it through every gear for fun.

I spend a minimum $100 a week in fuel.
And that is driving economic. It would be $150 if I do 70-75 average.

At what age did you realize it's not about what MPG the car is rated for but how you drive? A Corolla will waste more fuel keeping up with an M3 than the M3 will.

>deliberately fucking up your engine to troll people

When I started to have bills and a fixed income. Did I like my 13mpg truck? Yeah... am I happier with my 23mpg truck? Fuck yeah.

I was thinking about getting a RX-8, but I got a 107 instead since I couldn´t afford the fuel.
It would have needed like 10L/100km driving economicly and about 20-30L/100km flooring it.
My 107 needs 4L/100km economicly and 7L/100km if I drive 100mph+ all the time.

Driving cross country a couple times a year adds up fast when you go from a 13-16mpg vehicle to a 37.

My Corolla gets 48mpg and my twin turbo fairlady gets 6. So you are wrong

My van gets about 16-18 mpg on the highway. That's a big price difference between a 40 mpg car if you take road trips. Not saying I care, but it's still true.

I don't care about MPG or the environment, but coal rollers are massive faggots. Same attention whore bullshit as stancers. They don't respect their car, they don't respect other drivers, and the entire purpose for doing it is to go "look at me, look at me, daddy didn't hug me enough when I was a kid". I drive a '79 Trans Am, I proudly admit I'm a redneck, and even still feel these people are every bit as bad as flamers in a pride parade or SOCJUS virtue signallers.

I drive over 100 miles a day. I need at least 30 mpg.

any thread that starts with "you're probably a poorfag and should kill yourself" should burn in hell

When the fuel prices went above €1,5/L ($6/gal) and I had other things to pay for.
Currently it's like €1,65/L ($6.6 a gallon).

I didn't pay for it, but today I used 65L of diesel, at €1,35/L ($5.4/gal). That's €87,75 in a day. Whould my vehicle have double the MPG, it would be only €44 a day.

this one ended in it. :o/

I drive a 2012 Civic

260/month payment
100/month insurance
60/month fuel

I change the oil every 6k miles, so about twice a year so
100/yr oil

My car costs me 5140 a year and tires last me 70k miles

It's not the fuel that adds up, it's everything that adds up.

here fuel prices are 1eur l.
Insurance is dirt cheap.
Cars don't get taxed
based estonia

Ja possible-spaghettibro I feel you. The dumb stepdad of mine bought a 1.8l petrol Chevrolet Orlando for long cruising and trips, everytime is 90€ of fuel just for 600km of range. Drives me mad!

>90€ for 600km
German here my car costs me less than half of that in fuel.

If I wanted to make smoke like that, I'd just get a job driving a city bus.

Its not retarded, it has a lot to do with my car's raw range. If I put in all these sports mods and turbos and big engines into my car and my mileage goes from 35 to 15 thats a significant hit to my range and I go from 360km range to 150 thats pretty big and thats a lot more gas I have to blow each week

I earn $1500 per month and it matters to me if I spend $250 on fuel or $500 because I got bills etc.
/thread

At what age did you realize that poor efficiency means less power?

It was in the first post, so it started with it. It's not even close to the end of the thread.

poors aren't people and the economy would be doing better if they didn't exist.

>the economy would do better if there were less consumers

>we need subhuman poors for consumerism
good goy

Shit yeah. Cucks who drive without three pedals will never understand

>Economy would be doing better if they didn't exist

Man stop trying to troll. In order for a economy to exist and do "well" you need class-ism you fuck. Any ways, shut the hell up with this nonsense and talk about cars man.

I've never really cared about it that much, but I don't commute.
My last car got about 15mpg, my current one might get 8 or 10mpg.
If I can find a cheap station, it costs me about $70 to fill my tank.

poors detected

Lol sure boss

You guys really aren't funny

Honestly, saving the money just makes me happy. I've owned an E-150 and a 5.0 AWD Exploder and managed just fine, but I fucking love my Civic.

Hypermiling is complete autism though.

>little more than a set of tyres

>Truck @ 15MPG will burn 666 (!) gallons of gasoline over 10k miles
>$1333 @ $2 a gallon

>Sedan @ 35MPG will burn 285 gallons of gasoline over 10k miles
>$571 @ $2 a gallon

Little more than a set of tires, fella, especially if gas starts going up again.

I never worry about MPG or the cost when looking for a gas station.
My cars range from 10mpg(twin turbo v12 merc) to 40mpg(corolla)
I drive a combined 5k miles a year so fuel is nothing in terms of cost.

>Drive a shitbox economobile and save a whole $800!
This is why I decided not to be poor

how are you guys getting 30mpg+

according to my dashboard, I get ~10L per 100km with my korean econobox but according to google that's only 23mpg.

i mean it's not really a big deal since I only drive 15km one-way, but huh I thought I had a small efficient car

The mpg figure you got might be an Americunt measure. I think 30 UK mpgeez is like 23ish Americunt ones.

I can't wait to laugh at all the retards selling off their lifted trucks and mall crawler SUVs when gas goes up again. It will be like watching the hummers disappear during the recession all over again.

>implying $800 is $800
>doesn't understand the time value of money
Veeky Forums is 18+ m8. this is why you'll forever be poor

Oil is going to run out in 100-ish years anyway, we should enjoy it while we can when our grandchildren will never even know what an ICE is.

I just like efficiency and clever engineering. Saving money is a bonus but if I really want to I can put my foot down and still have fun while still getting better mileage than something ridiculously powerful (or poorly engineered). Small engine with a high specific output in a light car gives you the best of both worlds. You even get a nice torque shove if it's turbo. Think of how often you're just cruising versus how often you're at 70-100% I know this is a troll thread but it's something that we should be pushing for - why wouldn't we want more fuel efficient cars? If you've got two 6.0L V8 that make the same power, but one uses half as much fuel as the other, it would be retarded not to get the more efficient one.

More completely turning burned fuel into work also increases torque at a given VE, in addition to giving more fuel economy, is another thing.

Can also increase reliability.

Like fuck, my Skyactiv engine still runs so fucking smooth, 40k miles later.

I drive a 1997 Suburban

0/month payment
300/year insurance
100/month fuel
100/year oil

$1600 a year

Fuck fretting over fuel economy.

All the more reason to buy a $2000 truck that you can sell for $2000 later and invest the $30k you saved NOT buying a newer shitbox sedan just to "save on gas"

>how are you guys getting 30mpg+

By driving like fucking grandmas. I don't get the point of hypermiling, It just wastes yours and other people's time. Just take the bus at that point.

A car's engineering heavily mirrors it's stats-to-mpg.
A 300 hp 3000 pound subi has 20mpg while a 5000 pound escalade with a 450hp engine has late 20s mpg

A Suburban won't get high 20s in a million years. Not even on the highway.

>A 300 hp
What's the point of such a car if your country has speed limits on highways?

>he obeys speed limits
Laughinggirls.jpg

Sure it will. It's got a 6 speed and does sub 1500rpm down the highway. It's not that hard to believe.

>implying people follow the speed limits.

A lot of people are doing 100+mph down the highway. The speed is likely greater than the 70hp shitboxes on the Autobahn.

>A lot of people are doing 100+mph down the highway. The speed is likely greater than the 70hp shitboxes on the Autobahn.

My driving school REQUIRED students to at least go 124 mph once before they get a license.

>there are no 90s cars that get good gas mileage