>He forgot some
>Ivtec eco dohc
>Sohc vtec
>Vvt
>Vvti

>power : 330hp
>torque : only 220nm at max
Nice benchracer dreamcar.

Nvm I just realized it's in lbs/feet. Still rather gutless with such an irregular torque curve.

people have made over 400 hp at the wheels all motor

that dip at 4500 is fucking disgusting.

and completely irrelevant since the rpms are never getting that low in performance driving

V8 fags BTFO

/thread

Wait, someones impressed by an all motor engine? And only 330 at that?

I'm impressed he wasted 50k

He could have just put a J35 V6 engine in from an accord and started at 300hp, people have put the J35 in a crx so it'll fit in the civic

That is actually really impressive, considering he shouldn't have needed But some new internals, full exhaust, tune, upper build and thats it.

Guy wasted a lot of money probably one one off part .

>give a company a call about making some headers for my car
>wanted 1400 dollars with a set sent in for measurement

That's the worst torque curve i have ever seen in my entire life.

The tuner should fucking kill themselves

>car enthusiast board
>poorfags mad over money people spent on their car

none of you retards can hear either since he said 15 gs

>300 hp only past 7000 rpm

Still getting lawnmower tier hp at regular driving speeds

Dohc, VTEC, itb, 14:1comp and $50k for 330(wheel?)HP
Meanwhile a mongoloid with a socket set can make 500 from a pushrod small block for less than an hour with your mom. Such a shame that neither motor will live very long.

>$15k
>just the motor
>People will justify this

>he thinks engines are cheap

lol

I come to Veeky Forums to get away from these fat jews selling me their crap. Why post it here?

RREEEEE

Nah I just think 50k for 330rwhp is stupid.

Got no problem pissing away money wasted 50k myself over 6 years on all my cars
I like Matt he's comfy and genuinely loves all cars.

Wish he'd get more oddballs though I'm sick of Na builds and fwd cars

maybe if you wasnt stupid you would realize he said 15k

Oh snap.

Still a rebuilt LS and accord V6 are like half that.

I liked civics but that's still slot of work for 330hp but 11sec 130mph is amazing considerating the lack of torque

Matts videos are comfy, the conversion can get pretty awkward, like the one where he's driving the guys corolla XRS 2005 and he tells the camera that the kid Asked him to "beat the shit out of the car" and then he adds "yeah it was a little creepy when you said that... Sort of like a guy saying "fuck my wife really hard"" lmao

He's a fat rich yank.

That said he is based, most of the older superspeeders guys are I even still watch Rob spaghetti rants and weird shit it's oddly comfortable as well because if I had their fame and dollarydoos I'd be doing the same thing.

yeah but its 330whp

neither one of those are going to come close to that and about a 1/3 of the price would go into just swapping a J

Making an economy engine make big power isn't cheap. But not every engine was made to be in your twingo you cuck. Start with a good base and you won't spend as much. Simple as that

go back to /pol/ you retard

you dont know shit

15*
still too expensive

Not a /pol/ack, reply/10 tho
Small block Chevy
Fuelie 202 heads
Mild cam, pic related
1.6 ratio rockers
Holley 650 double penetration
Made 450 at the crank way cheaper than Mr special snowflake
You don't know shit, cuck

Ignore the retard Aussie op here what rwhp u putting down?

stop using /pol/ speak then you fucktard

no one cares about your pigfat boat anchor that would get smoked by a fwd economy car

not impressive

Being triggered this hard by a ancient V8 is why I own a ls1

but youre still slower than a fwd economy car

youre the only one that seems to be triggered

There is something called "gearbox" wich converts high rpm and low torque to low rpm and high torque.

Never dynod it in the car, if I had to guess ~380. Assmad boy is right tho it's a pigfat boat anchor and I wouldn't have it any other way

Gutless

Hahahahaha it's not about speed it's about torque and fun.

Besides if I cares about 0-60 I'd get a turbo kit
LS is lightweight tho he is a retard.

I just enjoy the torque and the sound nothing beats a angry v8
It's fine over 6000 it's like a 2stroke u need to be on power all the time drop below the ppwerband and it's good on fuel

now youre just damage controlling

have fun losing dont start an argument when you know you cant win

>LS is lightweight tho he is a retard.

post I was replying to isnt an LS

but hey you know nothing about cars or engines surprise surprise

T. Brapbombasticmrfaptastic

How much do you think he should have spent?

Op here.

10k seems reasonable then use the rest for nitro or turbo.

>that torque dip

JUST

Protip, by a real motor.

Literally twice the motor. Fantastic gramps, you've finally proven there is no replacement for displacement.

What's your fucking purpose here?

>FWD
>1/4

lol who cares.

>FWD shit box
>i4

Buy a real car.

oh boy

the underaged kids have shown up

Blue printing is expensive.

I think 15k for machine work and parts is entirely reasonable.

Hi Reeddit r/cars
Tru but I thought benchracers here would get triggered guess I was right lol
Yeah I'm going back to sleep

>All that money to make V6 Camaro power

>15k to make more at the wheels than a 25k car makes at the crank while weighing 1,000 lbs less

yeah thats nice

its also a full second faster than a SS in the 1/4

In a car the size of a shoebox, with excellent throttle response, 9000rpm redline, and a MUCH better transmission.

This.

At the end of the day, 4 cylinder motors have very limited potential and get very expensive to get more power out of. You are better off with a v6 and standard boltons. Can get 60-80whp with 4 grand of boltons. Meanwhile this dude dropped what? Someone said 50 grand? Really? Lmao. It's cheaper to slap low boost turbos onto a v6 and you'll get more power out of it.

This.

People give the J35 a lot of shit but it's a very decent motor. Not the greatest but you can work with it. Like I said earlier, 4 grand worth of boltons will get an extra 60-80whp out of a J35. You'll break 320whp without breaking the bank. Low boost comptech supercharger sub 8psi will give you another 60whp. That's almost 400whp in a very reliable and powerful motor you can daily.

As someone who dailies a V8 I find this thread stupid and I'm op.

Seriously who gives a fuuuuck

Imma lay it down on you bruh

he spent 15k to make 330whp

a J swap runs about $5000
your mods would make about the same power and end up being around 10k

the car would be heavier and worse to drive and more work involved

V6 swaps are retarded

Twice the engine
1/4 the price
1000000000x the fun

Who said anything about a swap? My car came with a J35. If I wanted to improve the internals, I'd be upwards of high 300whp and that's before forced induction. End up paying around the same. I'm not really hungry for more power right now but like I said, theres potential from a V6 without it breaking the bank.

twice the weight
half the revs
sounds like shit

The power of V-TEC hondabros ;))!!

1: completely agree
2: not really, a 350 with good valve work can go to 7k (source:me) and Ford 302s can get to 8 reliably
3: no sane person thinks that an inline 4 sounds better than a v8,excluding motorcycles

Typically it's done by revving it to the moon.

yeah and a stock K20 redline is 9k
only good sounding v8s are flatplane

says someone that has never driven performance driving before.

You mean shifting gears to a lower gear to get a higher ratio, higher rpms at a given speed, and thus more horsepower?

Yah but you don't want to be driving around at 7 fucking k rpm to access that advertised 340 hp

>says someone that has never driven performance driving before.

did you have a stroke

yes you do

even a stock Honda would be running around there

Well then you get reduced fuel efficiency and more wear on the engine.

My engine even just above 4k rpm is so loud it sounds like it's going to blow up. Not sure how loud it is on a honda or if the car likes it.

>you don't want to be driving around at 7 fucking k rpm to access that advertised 340 hp
If you want full power, you rev it, if you want fuel economy, you rev it lower.
That is the idea behind VTEC.

How long can you keep it at high rpm? Do Honda vehicles not mind high rpm? Some cars want to stay low and don't like higher rpm

you triggered m8?

why are you caring about wear and fuel efficiency if youre trying to drive fast?

the engine he has (K24) makes peak power at 7000 stock

Hondas are all about revs

True fuel efficiency can be sacrificed. But what about the wear on the engine. With 100 hp at cruising rpm you need to access those higher rpms to accelerate. How well can the engine tolerate that?

S2000s tend to last like 300.000km+ here in germany, and the get reved pretty much on the Autobahn.

All engines make more and more power the higher the rpm (if the cam and heads allow it). That's how horsepower works

Hmm interesting seems like the wear is minimal. Guess it's a matter of how much fuel you want to save versus how fast you want to go.

>(if the cam and heads allow it)
So below the rev limiter

well no shit

thing is a Honda is tuned to make high rpm power unlike a SBC that gets valve float at 5000

You can choose between fuel economy and power with only one engine.

A V6 with the same power will have worse fuel economy when driving normal and about the same when driving topspeed.

this is why VTEC is great

under 6000 its in economy mode once you hit 6000 it goes BWAAAH since it knows you want to go fast and you get more power

More like cuck.. why wouldn't you want your car to always feel powerful? You can't get the best of both worlds.

>You can't get the best of both worlds.

VTEC exists

sorry you have a shit engine

>SBC that gets valve float at 5000
Explain? Just use higher octane fuel

Yes but it would have more power. It seems i4 can handle higher revs better.

Yah looking at the dyno above the HP difference is steep because of VTEC

Lel.. buy a used v6 Camaro for 10k. That shitbox ain't gonna last

>Get two 4cyl 1L motorbike engines
>weld crankshafts and camshafts and synchroinze throttle bodies
>Enjoy 360hp i8 2L engine

Corolla power in the city isn't an advantage. That's why people like turbos , electric cars, and v8s. Instantaneous torque downlow is the real GOAT. I don't think anyone has ever said "gee my car has too much torque"

>All engines make more and more power the higher the rpm

The higher the rpm the more likely the car breaks, look at this video, the first clip:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY

The mustang shatters from higher rpm

>high lift cams
>aggressive fuel delivery
>race fuel
>high revs
>high compression ratio

The real trick isn't extracting the power, it's to be able to run the engine without needing a rebuild every month.

>90ftlbs of torque

The Honga engines usually are high compression high rpm engines.
The produce about the same power as a conventional V6 with cylinders (!) in the same sieze.

The VTEC engines can handle these rpms due to a short stroke and a strong construction.

These high rpm and compression ratios give it about 20-30% better specific output than a normal reving normal compression engine.

>Explain? Just use higher octane fuel

higher octane isnt going to help valve float

its when the valvetrain can handle the rpm and leads to a nice death to the engine in extreme cases

basically the valves get stuck open

>Yah looking at the dyno above the HP difference is steep because of VTEC

Im guessing they have engagement set to 5000 tho

why would you be racing around the city when you are daily driving

are you some boyracer

In the Video they say 6800 rpm.

It's not about racing it's about how it feels lmao. If your car feels like a corolla, I feel bad for you son.

yeah bro them commuting and driving normally feels are so amazing

they all drive the same in that case

That's how they built the motor for the Atom V8

And an I-8 crankshaft would need to be made from billet titanium to rev to race bike standards.

>an I-8 crankshaft would need to be made from billet titanium to rev to race bike standards
Why?
The stress on the crankshaft is basicly the same, except it has doubble the torque.