Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrPWD6oTu90
youtube.com/watch?v=-JG5eeBzaG0
youtube.com/watch?v=oBlfu1atn10
youtube.com/watch?v=4dV-TrqR-Jk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you first

what's a sleeper?

Surprising performance from an unassuming vehicle.

I don't know enough about Altimas to say either way. Cursory googling says that the V6 version has 270 hp.

So when are you going to post one instead of that FWD trash you just posted.

bbbut i smoked one of these in my stock 08 civic si, the se-r was closer with me, but nissan is trash let be serial

>392
>Aluminum Roof panel
>Looks like every other 300 except for the rear lip spoiler and badges.

My old shit.

Pic related

From what I understand, the AWD V6 Camry is a pretty quick car

Bad driver possibly? I've beaten a few si's both from a stop and at highway speeds. In my regular 3.5 SE too.

I wouldn't really call it a sleeper honestly. It LOOKS like the performance version of a big engine vehicle.

Or he was the only one racing.

Ive never seen one of those running.
Pretty terrible cars really

Diss

You might be able to surprize some people with this.

It's one of the most common cars on the road you lying dipshit.

I really don't get the hate for them here. Mine is a fucking blast to drive.

>It's one of the most common cars on the road you lying dipshit.
I've never seen one in my life.

Fuck yeah my buddy has one of these and it's pretty damn badass.

Seriously no.
I never see them. And if i do, its falling apart and driven by a beaner.
Tons in the junk yard though

Where do you live? They really are very, very common.

In the Netherlands, Nissan doesn't sell them here.

But yes though.

>I really don't get the hate for them here. Mine is a fucking blast to drive.
they are a good value for the money, but they are , generally, built like shit and not all that fun to drive unless decent acceleration tickles your fancy.

Well there you go.

Well there you go that I'm not lying about that it's not a common car.

>they are a good value for the money
I got my 08 3.5 SE for $6k. I've owned much, much shittier built vehicles. I'd almost say this car was even built pretty well.

In a small, fairly irrelevant, country in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrPWD6oTu90

Nissan a shit because of Ghosn
Tell me how much you love your car when your CVT shits the bed, OP

Which has basically the same cars as every other European country.

I'll do like I'd do any other part of a vehicle that messes up. Fix it unless the repairs are more than the car is worth. With proper use and maintenance I'm hoping it won't be an issue for a while. I am aware of them being somewhat unreliable transmissions though.

S60r made something like 3000w for 3700lbs.
Just looks like a normal fucking Volvo

Other then that, Chevy pickups these days make over 400hp for 5500lbs. That's enough to dust most Hondas if it can keep the power down

They are not sold in europe...

300hp*

After googling it does appear that Nissan simply doesn't sell Altimas anywhere in Europe.

Euros dont need more shit cars

The Nissan Altima IS sold in Europe. Just with a different look, and a different name.
Meet its direct sister car, the Renault Laguna. With the optional 3.5L V6, it's mechanically identical to the Altima

I mean, you guys still have the Renault Laguna III... Which is literally an Altima.

0-60 in under 6.

it's also one of the most unreliable and ugliest cars on our roads right now
every person i see driving it has a "i really don't enjoy my life" look on his face

Fuck

Holy fuck that is the ugliest shit I have ever fucking seen.

the lease on mine is expiring soon, had way too much fun with that car than I should have :(

>Renault Laguna

That's what you get when you feed Electrical Gremlins after midnight and the let them fuck with incapable French fucks.

no one ever said the Altima was reliable in the states. They go back to the dealerships for CVT replacements all the time.
The V6 itself is pretty reliable, but V6's only make up like 20% of sales. The rest are all 2.5L 4 bangers... and the V6 still gets that horrible CVT transmission

whats with american cars and chrome? This would look so much better without all the tacky chrome everywhere

Not really, sadly Escalades never work without chrome.

They end up looking even more niggerish.

They both look truly terrible, but the one with no chrome looks slightly less so.

this, but prolly because that pic is from professional photosession, and second is just a photo

I don't know what you're on about, the Americans are just keeping pace with Mercedes.

Because chrome actually looks pretty fucking good depending where it's placed on a car's exterior. Chrome on the grill, mirror caps and door handles is alright for me.

This on the other hand is tacky.

what is truly sad is that someone thought this was acceptable

Chebby SS

The monaro-GTO for the US market always seemed like an upsized Grand Prix, not a 400 HP 3,700 LB muscle car

If you had posted the B5 Passat W8 I'd be inclined to agree, but a Phaeton?

Boomers

this

The W12 Phaeton will do 202mph simply by removing the limiter

And it'll get passed by others, even a fucking SHO, in the way to 202
Your point is shit

these are what the bentley continental GT are based on IIRC.

Remind continental drivers they have a Volkswagen with a body kit at every opportunity.

To be fair Phaetons weren't exactly cheap.

yeah because everyone knows a continental driver

Sexy

That V6 in an SW20 is the real sleeper.

0.5s between them to 60, but the phaeton will keep going. in comfort.
0-60 isn't the only metric for performance, also this thread is about fast cars that look slow. 202mph is fast. fuck off.

These are common in the south and mexico. Behind the wheel of a car with a shit ton of aftermarket chrome on it would either be a spic or some nigga in a donk.

Saturn Ion Redline
I'm hoping to get one

I've seen people do a lot to Lexus LS400/430/460's.

The 400 especially because you can get them for under $3000. People will put another $3,000 into them, and they'll have a manual swap, exhaust, intake, suspension, brakes upgrades, and an LSD. You see a lot of them at amateur drift events.

>All along the eastern shore

Yes

Together with 3mps

>6.6 second 0-60
>sleeper
Lmao. Also, fwd a shit

It offers a turbo'd i4, or V6 producing ~270hp just like any other mid-sized sedan. It's a commuter vehicle, that presents itself with some "sporty" characteristics. It's not a "sport sedan."

Corolla xrs 1st gen
Mazdadpeed6

Too bad theyre both hard to find by now.

Thiss

> no one posted this

>big SS badge on it
>universally known fact that SS usually stands for SuperSport
>SS
>sleeper

as if normies would know that, besides you could just take it off

I think my car is a sleeper. 1jzgte under the hood.

saab 9000 aero turbo

2.3l 225hp
150 top speed
0-62 in 6.9 seconds

all in a 2000kg 5 door family car

dosent sound like much compaired to some, but everyone under estimates it.

Does my '03 Windstar with a rebuilt tranny, gutted cat and a 3.8 V6 that I only ever use 100% gas in count as a sleeper? I know it pisses off rednecks who can't keep up.

The Altima, unlike the Laguna though, has a sportier sister car that Europe doesn't get a version of, and is just as much a sleeper.
The Nissan Maxima. Since 2004 the Altima and Maxima have shared the same platform, and V6 engines, but the Maxima is bigger... and sportier.
Nissan has repeatedly advertised it as a 4 door sports car. Renault doesn't have anything like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=-JG5eeBzaG0
youtube.com/watch?v=oBlfu1atn10
youtube.com/watch?v=4dV-TrqR-Jk

The only real downside to the Maxima is that since 2007, they've been CVT only. The last year for the 6 speed manual was 2006, though you could still get the Altima V6 with a 6 speed stick until I think 2014.

>barely does 0-60 under 10 seconds

A modern sub-compact like the Toyota Yaris/Vitz can do that. If that's a sleeper, pretty much any modern car is a "sleeper",

>392 CID engine
>392 tons

Only because no one in the states except weebs like you know what a fucking soarer is

I average at 6.5 actually. It makes a huge difference to not have a wad of platinum nerfing your burn.

yes

its not grandpappy's supercharged gtp

>not a sleeper
>nobody knows what the fuck it is until they are close to the rear bumper

pic related

>0-60 in mid 7s
>AWD/4WD
>3.5l V6 VTEC
>Looks like the mom-mobile 9000

>that
>a sleeper
You'll fall asleep before it hits 60

Its super sleeper you daftcunt

Don't you have a discord to shit up ya fat cunt?

Yes this is the most sleepy sleeper I've ever slept on.

Truth be told it's a fucking overpriced boat, but if you want something that looks like a luxurious grocery fetcher that may outrun a 5.7L hemi charger, go right ahead. Personally if I were dishing that kind of money I'd buy a Shelby GT350

That's not a soarer.

Bruh