How far have you guys traveled to buy a used or new car? Was it worth it?

How far have you guys traveled to buy a used or new car? Was it worth it?

Pic semi-related, mulling over a 6hr drive to go look at a Mach 1 for sale

I've gone about 2 hrs to look at a truck for work. 2013 f150 with 20k on it. Old dude had all work done, just didn't need it anymore. Great truck

Me and a buddy took a 4hr trip to look at a 70 challenger some boomer was trying to sell. Got there and ended up being a piece of shit. Guess I should've expected it but the trip alone through the county was worth it

>trusting a boomer
>I know what I got

Kek serves you right

Haven't really travelled more than half an hour out of my general radius. Nothing I really want that bad I just jump from shitbox to shitbox

drove 3 hours up to d.c. twice, each time was great success. Drove 2 hours south to Norfolk. fail. drove 2 hours south to slightly south of Norfolk. Fail.

Went about 2 hrs to Baltimore and found a really clean 4Runner

Still have it 130k pic related running like a champ

Stupid question, but If I buy a car from a dealer 100+ miles away from me, and if the car's got a warranty, and I need to use that warranty--- do I have to go all the way back to that same dealership for reapirs?

when i got my first new vehicle i just fucked off after work on friday and drove 9 hours, spent the night, turned around and came home

ofcourse the price of gas wasnt retarded back then

>ofcourse the price of gas wasnt retarded back then

California, eh?

Drive from Rhode Island to Oregon for a 1993 Honda NSX

WHAT

gm, for example, will do warranty work at any dealership, i cant speak for anyone else but im sure its the same

the dealer you bought it from will probably offer you some sort of incentive to come to their dealership though, i bought my new truck from a dealer about 2 hours away and if i take it there for service they give me gift cards, free car wash, and free lunch because they want the service work

If it's new then any same brand dealership is obligated to cover the warranty

If it's used not too sure-most likely only they will cover it

Cool man, good to know. What if it's just some used car dealership associated with no---

ah, thank you user

You the guy I talked to a few weeks ago about colors of the mach 1's and how you wouldn't settle for anything other than that beautiful white? Give some details on car you going to see

canada actually, i can still remember the first time gas was cheaper than diesel and how crazy that seemed

>Bought a new rear end years ago
>Three hour drive to Chico
>Good times, good times

I flew to another state to buy a car I had never driven.

Then I drove it back home.

I went all the way to Oregon for an NSX

Got there then found out it was an automatic.

Pics and price

Yup, one finally popped up for sale.
30k miles, asking 15k. Free car fax shows nothing out of ordinary, looks like it lived a fairly good life.

It literally just popped up, waiting for pictures to come in from the dealer

See if they offer a warranty with such low mileage, not like you are going to go crazy with mods right? Maybe just a few reverse able bolt ons?

Dude was asking 15 for it. Got there and everything was just trash. He hid the rust very well with his photos and I got baited. He was pissed when I walked. I was too cause I really wanted it but it was going to be waaay more work than I had anticipated.

Ugh. Fucking awful man.

Would a warranty be worth it? like I said it's 6 hours away.

It'll start as basic shit like exhaust and a good tune but eventually I'd be boosting it. I've been wanting this exact car for a long time

Nah if you have plans of boosting don't bother, you going Vortech supercharger?

At least its potentially saveable and not in a field/yard. I'd give 4 but 15 is fucking retarded. That man is scum for letting one of the two best mopars go to waste. Where you in the mopar thread a few weeks back where I posted the link to the 72 cuda in similar condition for $2500? It actually ran. Did this one?

You know I haven't given much thought to what I'd actually go with. Off the top of me head I'd probably be deciding between vortech, eating, or Kb. Possibly procharger.

First step is to get the car of course.

What do you have?

Yeah I did see that.

This car did run, I actually drove it around his block. But I crawled underneath and noped the fuck out. Frame was Swiss cheese, looked like trans was ready to fall right out. Just sad really

Wanted to get a Vortech kit for my BRZ until I recently got the STI. The kits are well made, some guy that posts on the socal meets has a Vortech supercharged mach 1 I believe. When do you plan on going to check out the car assuming the pictures check out?

Me and a friend drove from florida to texas and back for a 94 FD.

I traveled 75 miles once. but it was a dealer not a private sale. Worth it cause it was a big city with lots of shopping options.

If that cuda was local it'd be in my driveway now. What engine and trans in the Challenger? State? You should kill him so someone else sells it.

I bought a corvette from a post on a car forum without ever seeing it. Wired him money and he expressed mailed the title to me.
Had it shipped with some random towing company literally was a guy with a pickup and a trailer

Seemed legit

Nice sti, that's my favorite year

Hopefully they get pics up tomorrow. If all goes right I'd be heading down there Saturday to check it out and hopefully bring it back home

Novato?

Thanks, make a thread if you do go through with the purchase I'll be there

Eastbay, bought the car from marin

Be safe over there

426 hemi paired with the 4 speed, think it's a a-833 iirc
Truely beautiful and mechanically the engine was very well cared for. I don't think it would've stayed in one piece on my trailer going down the highway- rust was that bad

Once went to the hood to check out a civic from a big nigga. Was kinda scared but he turned out to be a chill dude. Got home and found an ounce in the glovebox kek

>BRZ

The fastest-looking slow car.

So it's an r/t? That's not as bad as I originally thought. I thought it was a 318 with a 3 on the tree or something. 15 is ALMOST reasonable. Still don't understand what kind of asshole lets it get that bad in the first place.

Yeah it's why I went to look at it. Shit honestly looked manageable and easily done in a couple months of work from the photos but it was just too far gone. Believe me I was disappointed.

Love the way they looked. Wish Toyota and boobaru would offer a turboed engine from the factory.

If you have that much to spend you can still find a pretty decent e body somewhere, it's all a waiting game. What state is it in? The minute I get one in drivable condition it's going to be my dd.

It's in Maryland. I live in the eastern shore and this was a bit past Baltimore.

True that. I've been waiting about 8 months now. So many overpriced ones everywhere. Might have to hop a plane soon to get one lol

Flew from Florida to Nevada to check out a mk4 supra. Drove it home over the course of a week. Amazing experience

Georgian here. There's a 72 challenger locally someone's put a 383 in but it's not for sale and "going to be restored later" I'd love a 2nd gen charger but all the local ones are "General Lees"

drove 4hrs total to test drive and talk price. then another 4hrs to pick it up a week later.
it is totally worth it if it was love at first sight. get yourself a nice inaugural drive playlist. then enjoy the rest of your life.

Shit nice car man. Anymore pics?

Once drove 2 days to buy a Lamborghini diablo. Totally worth it

Not me but I know a guy that traveled to Florida to buy his trusty shitbox. He either traveled from Philly or DC, not sure

1100 miles roundtrip.

20% off deal on a Chevy Commodore 6MT out of state that I couldn't pass up.Got up at 4 and drove the 550 miles, did the paperwork, and drove home.

Drove 4ish hours to San Antonio to pick up the 97 Mustang GT I have.