Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
What car should I buy my 16 year old son? Budget is $6000 and he is a shitty driver

Kawasaki Ninja

/thread

MR2

There are some Mazda3's around here for around 5.5k. Thing is, they are from 2006-2008 and all have 140k+. How long do they last/is it worth?

henda acrod

a model car

Get a bigger budget and get him a Porsche Macan

6 toyota corollas

12 sunfires

Just get him an few years older Honda, like a 2009 or something.

2008 Dodge Avenger

20 Neons

Geo Metro

Make him appreciate the extras. Look for 90's Civics. Great mileage but they have little to no luxuries.

get him something he can hotbox and street race to get poon in

second, let him drive bad and hot rod it will give him better chances to build driving experience, source; I have been driving for half a year like a hot rodder

dont be a cuck and make him buy his own car, or buy some shitbox that doesn't run and make him fix it himself.

Do not drop $6000 on your son, I don't even care if you're loaded like that. Buy him a car for like $2-3k, if he's an actual shitty driver you're wasting money. Get him an old Civic or Camry or whatever. It'll also teach hiim how to maintain a car without raping your/his pockets.

but him a nice ass pre 98 volvo

ded

ded

gross

perfect

Would suffice

No.

Yes.

twingo

some track time lessons so he won't be shitty driver?

I recommend a volvo 240/740/940. If he wrecks it he might be o.k., and nothing of great value will be lost. If he gets to be a good driver, they can be pushed to be fun.

Cavalier/Sunfire (J-platform)
E100 or E110 Corolla
Neon/Pt Cruiser

Get it in stick and make your son learn

pontiac grand prix for 1000 and put the rest in collage fund

My first car was my grandpas 2003 Camry v6 with 90k miles. My parents paid 3.5k

I loved the car. It ran with minimal issues to 275k when I traded it in on a 2010 corolla with 35k miles

Just make sure you can take it away if he doesn't appreciate how lucky he is to have it. It's a privilege, I had to get a job once school was done, keep my grades up, pay for oil change /do it myself

Nigger, You never buy anything above 3 grand on a first car. I suggest Mazda 323's or maybe a Chevy Aveo. Don't go overboard, This car's going to get scraped up a lot and needs to be large enough to fit his shit in. So maybe a Miata if he seems up to it enough, No Mustangs, No SUV's, Maybe a small truck but trucks are generally a no go. The only sporty shitty car I can actually say is good for first drivers is Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
But let him choose from your options. But don't be a cuck and let him push you around into buying something expensive.

Vw golf, find great condition one for 5k