Why don't concept cars ever predict future design right?

Why don't concept cars ever predict future design right?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

isn't that from i robot?

That looks fucking autistic

Because they aren't meant to.

The same way designer fashion labels don't ACTUALLY want you to dress like a high-functioning autist. It's just meant to possibly push future aesthetics in that direction.

It's no great secret that some concept cars are just the products of overzealous car designers trying to prove themselves to their peers

If you don't cherrypick though there's plenty of them that actually represent where the brand's design language is headed. Look at pic related or the TT concept from 1995 if you want examples from Audi

That shit looks like a straight up R8 with ridiculous fenders, and it's not a future design?

irobot came out in 2004. the prototype R8 was shown in 2003.

Looks like audi predicted the 2018 Mustang

>predicting Audi future design

Everyone can do that...just copy and paste the previous model and make some straight lines and edges where there were curves before.

And also make the front grille bigger.

>i6uA

>Why don't concept cars ever predict future design right?
>darkie drives an audi

pretty accurate

depends how far into the future you are predicting

That one isn't a concept car.

Because concept cars are what the designers and engineers want the future to be.
Not what the customers want it to be.
Concept cars are more often than not just carmakers circlejerking and showing off all the money they have syphooned into R&D into shit that will never have much practical use or "high concept design". It is completely disattached from the market at this point. carmakers are trying to use it toshow off but the only people paying attention are their peers.

I just want the goddamned Ciel to go into production so there can be a proper 4 seat convertible with back seats that aren't shit.

M U L T I P A S S
U
L
T
I
P
A
S
S

It's coming soon™
Wait till 2020

What?

m.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/

Seriously dude?

Yes, I know the movie. I posted the cab.

What?!

replied myself..

kek, underrated

Holy shit now that's what I call a visionary

>Concept cars are more often than not just carmakers circlejerking and showing off all the money they have syphooned into R&D into shit that will never have much practical use or "high concept design". It is completely disattached from the market at this point. carmakers are trying to use it toshow off but the only people paying attention are their peers.
Pretty much, I remember when I used to look at auto shows and the concepts were actually relevant. Not the case anymore except maybe for Lamborghini who are absolute madmen in concepts and then again in their production cars. Their cars are edgy partly because they're essentially concepts put into production.

it's basically the R8 you fucking sperg

Lambos were always concept cars that were somehow mistaken for production cars.
Down to being completely unpractical and only performed well "on paper"

>Down to being completely unpractical and only performed well "on paper"
>t. heartbreaker
Not Lamborghini's fault that your gf got knocked up by Guido while dating you m8

Guess what won't happen due to modern safety standards. :^)

>predict future

Gee I wonder.

>why can't we predict the future?

this has to be the most retarded thread on Veeky Forums

I'd say the Karin got a few things right

>implying you need to be some sort of clairvoyant to know what's coming when you're a insider in an industry that takes up to 5 years developing a single product
The true answer, OP is bluffing. Back in the day some makers overtly copying others wasn't such a common thing. Nowadays if you present your product before it's ready you have a high risk of a knockoff making it to the market before your finished product. It's also a good idea to use concepts as decoys for the competition.

meant to say
>The true answer, OP, is bluffing.

S-Class Cabriolet

because they ether have to augment from the present (see retro futurism)
or narrow their field of view to glimpse a fraction of the future

I guess they never predicted huge a pillars