/scg/edg/ Star Space Dangerous Citizen Elite General #125: VISIONs of ded Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/16fui1G1
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4bszgrfE-k
youtube.com/watch?v=pxyoX65Edv0
youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY
youtube.com/watch?v=1OhOKDfKhNc
youtube.com/watch?v=sMD-t1OjGys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Morning, suckers.

Good morning, user.

What should I be looking at if I'm aching real bad for a freelancer fix? Open world pirate/trader kind of thing. I picked up EVERSPACETM which seems alright but it just made me want to play something that looks as nice as it does but lets me roam freely doing my own thing in a gameworld.

>VISIONs of ded Edition
I'm sorry, but did Star Citizen already flop? Oh, that’s right. The game isn’t even finished yet. In fact, it’s only half done. Does not having perfect physics in alpha count as a fail? Is that what you’re saying? Because if you’re saying that I can assure you that you’re wrong. Why would you make this topic when the game is still in development? CIG is still working right now and they have been the best kickstarter developers in the history of kickstarters for how many years now? They’re competing against some of the worst developers in the world who just happen to have a lead because they’re making much smaller games. But you know what? They still fucking suck. CIG is one of the best fucking studios in the world, they made 2.6 last year and would have released 3.0 if the backers didn’t whine. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you’re going to be embarrassed when CIG release Star Citizen and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Mass Effect Andromeda just flopped when it really needed to succeed just like the Call of Duty did. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I’m fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you’re the only guy making all these anti-CIG topics because you’re a faggot hater who doesn’t like the devs because they’re good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking devs on the board, like I give a fuck. It’s so easy to spot out your threads now, you’re a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don’t you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That’s just you, you’re always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.

Atv soon, hopefully it's better than last weeks.

Also Ben should never appear on camera ever again.

Mfw no Dan Te Man community manager.

god it's so easy to trigger sc fags because deep down they know they wasted money

Fuck that shit! Rocket chair!

youtube.com/watch?v=U4bszgrfE-k

When's the retaliator ejector going to function anyway
Or starfarer ejection pods far that matter

Good question lol. Also what stops the attacker of actually targeting the pods? Or are they easily maneuverable and can warp out like in eve? Who knows?

>also... fuck I miss Dead Space! Fags canceled the series but that shit is better than mass effect.

Well if it's anything like the existing ejection seats they'll be small and hard to see enough to act as protection. I have never visually seen someone eject, though the scoreboard tells me they did.

Poor pasta, senpai.
Make one for ED

That might be bad news for me because I was really hoping for the ability to scan wrecks so that players could salvage. If pods are undetectable so will wrecks (at least theres that possibility) and salvage may be limited to scripted missions instead of just shooting any NPC/player and be able to extract something.

If thats the case, salvage will suck!

What is the most New Flash Wave ship in the Star Citizen?

avenger definitely

is this game play to win yet?

What the fuck happened to this neutron star? No way I'm charging my FSD in that.

As a comparison, this is a normal one.

Does anyone else get legitimately scared by stuff like this? Like the time I jumped into a system between 2 very close stars I actually jumped out of my chair. Also was too afraid to get too close to the black hole in Maia. For some reason, just the natural hazards and bleakness of space really freak me out way more than cheesy aliens do. Im betting with VR it would be too spooky to play for me.

>Does anyone else get legitimately scared by
A screenshot of something not scary?

No.

>What is the most New Flash Wave ship in the Star Citizen?
Dragonfly.

OK I will try to make a new one since you don't appreciate/recognize it. Nu-Veeky Forums.

What game is this?

That spaceship looks awesome.

>OK I will try to make a new one

Please don't. You have no skill for it.

Elite Dangerous.
Don't play it. It's shit.

Normal black holes like the one in Maia are harmless, which makes no sense. But Sagittarius A* will fuck you up if you get close.

I definitely suggest you get as close as you can to a black hole, hard to show in a screenshot but everything will be warped when you look around. Quite trippy.

>Does anyone else get legitimately scared by stuff like this
Considering I've been away from the bubble for 3 days now and I'm planning on cashing in a 60MCr mission + exploration data, yeah, I got a bit scared when that fucker showed up on the screen. The jets from it was huge, and once you are in one you lose control of your ship: youtube.com/watch?v=pxyoX65Edv0

Oh.

Are there more pictures of those ships at least?

Here's mine after 3 days of exploring. I need a new paintjob.

Another one, this one from behind + Sagittarius A* in the background.

Neat, thanks.

Looks like an anus

The Great Galactic Anus

I missed the last Anniversary sale. When is the next time Ill be able to buy The Rack?

>mfw just discovered my corvette is immune to the 4 reverb cascade torpedo meta
>because of a secondary bonus to shield generator module integrity

buy what?

the rack m8

Iraq?

>hitting the ECM just as a fucking cloud of packhounds bears down on you, triggering it correctly and flying through a swarm of inert missiles
>fagging torps hard by swinging around and watching them drift by, temporarily scrambled until they simply pop, PD blasting away on their reinforced casings the entire time

hilarious module

watch out for the eight-torp stealth asp, though

it will fucking ahab you

It's a lot of fun for 30 bucks. Hating it yet still playing and posting what 2/4 of the thread is. 1/4 is hating on dads, and the last I'd actually discussion and helping noobs.

If you like space and wanna try it out for 30 bucks you'll have a good time, it's not really fleshed out though, which is where the hate comes from. You end up doing the same thing over and over again eventually. And the $30 expansion adds more of the same.

Personally I enjoy the game when I'm looking to just chill, it's not an action/adventure game, it's relaxing.

>inb4 you're only happy cause it's cheap
True, I'd be mad if I paid 60.

I have a friend who has a 650m/s viper with torps and pack hounds, we're gonna practice

I plan to build a similar thing but on a DBS, which I could stealth with and I have midnight paint on it

DBS/E is a good platform for silent sunning stealthery as the hulls run so fucking cold to begin with.

my courier does 820m/s with cascade mines, an imperial hammer or plasma accelerator, and then lighteight drag packhounds or a penetrator FSD rocket. eager to slip into a larger cmdr-on-cmdr engagement and just fucking blitz by bombing everything as it was made to do. still not certain as to the efficacy of its tiny ~360MJ shield that could allow for the hitting and running but I've got some modules to try putting together a rather substantial hull tank that won't weight it down too much if ever necessary. torps come off to me as a tremendous hardpoint investment for something that can readily be defeated while you get like eighty buster mines for the slot

:3

Five bucks.

Was it worth it?

Two factions at 17 draconis are at civil war and one of them is giving 8-15 missions spawns of massacre missions. you can make upwards of 350-400 mil per stack of missions in an hour and a half of shootan dudes

Looks all right, I guess.

Ten bucks.

>when you bought both coriolis bobbleheads

the standard one is very reflective and tends to catch the orange holo-glow as it rotates in the dark of space and looks really, really neat.

wireframe is capable of catching light in cool ways as well but i'm ultimately not sure which i like more. both indeed rotate around on an improper axis for a coriolis.

the chrome paintjobs are wicked though for sure, i've caught my corvette reflecting barnard's loop in some screenshots and it's just an eerie inky black when in normal space buzzing around

o lawd not again

they still havent patched that?

Glad to see my proudest purchase, Carrie, still popular.

Go get her on the next sale.

You can expect to see her on sale either when 3.0 comes out and they do an exploration related sale. Or wait till next December, like every year.

>Cutter
my nigga

>gold
nigger

why would they? people are doing the missions as intended.

It's chrome.

The way it's implemented (the same faction asking you to kill several of the same ships multiple times) is causing forumdads to grumble that it's a bug.

>bannerlord and 3.0 coming out end 2016/early 2017
>hurr durr

everyone is lying, ASSHOLES

Yeah, made 400kk on a vulture today.

Wait, starting OP with a picture from Elite:Dangerous? You can do that?

I... I didn't knew

Apparently the lack of meaningful updates caused plebbit to start having autistic fits of rage about muh controller balance again. It's still incredible how people convince themselves that their $200 plastic dildo is the superior input device because 'muh skill'. Not only that, they somehow believe that accessible mouse controls are detrimental to the appeal of the game and instead of balacing weapon sizes they want CIG to remove gimbals entirely.

I know what you mean, the vastness of space scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and those feelings came back when I started playing this.

Is black holes pulling you into them literally as soon as you enter the system a thing? That's just what happened to me, was pulled out of supercruise as well, thankfully only 1% damage on the hull.

Picture relevant, my screen 1 second after entering the system.

Did you have your throttle up and just fly into the fucking thing? they can't draw you around in supercruise right now as far as i know.

My throttle was up, yes. But it took less than a second, usually you are put at a decent distance away from the object you jumped to. I guess I was put extremely close since black holes have a tiny radius compared to other stellar objects.

> Also what stops the attacker of actually targeting the pods? Or are they easily maneuverable and can warp out like in eve? Who knows?

Believe it or not, the idea of Chris Robert is that killing people will be frowned upon.
Like...
Destroy someone's ship (fair) : 1000 bounty on your head
Kill pilot who ejected (unfair) : 10 000 bounty on your head

Silly we know... I don't understand how it got in his head that every single player behind a video game don't instantly turn into a serial&massively-parallel killer that Vanduul would be proud of.

ATV when?

you can be dropped in supercruise rather close to objects with large drop-zones such as red dwarves, neutron stars, and black holes. they're intended to be partially hazardous and if you're not cautious you can fly into them real fast a result. doing so with a neutron star can now get you killed pretty promptly if your angle is fubar enough

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

2 weeks

You don't know real fear until you exit a jump inside a star.

>mfw 17D is 170+ LY away

kill me now.

Just get a fuel scoop and an extra fuel tank, lad. Not too bad. What ship are you in?

well, right now I'm in the middle of nowhere in a mining/trader type 6. but I'd probably take my Vulture parked at TZ Arietis

>my fucking face when

>170LY
user...

Use an asp/dbe/conda/hauler taxi to get there and then transfer your combat ship. It'll take ~1 hour, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY

You can always self destruct, user.

cant afford the conda. of the other 3, which has the best jump range?

stop shilling your videos here, goon

Asp, but they all are pretty close.

>no video all year

is he feelin ok???

i hear he's making a new video commando o7

That's the difference between a pulsar and a more sedate neutron.

so wait, how do neutron star FSD boosts work? is it only a Horizons thing?

>bombing courier
youtube.com/watch?v=1OhOKDfKhNc

mixed feelings.

Well, this is an interesting system. That star is fucked. Planets do orbit around in the game, right? What will happen here because that black hole's orbit goes through the yellow star.

I thought all neutron stars in Elite was pulsars.

Thoo-FUEL SCOOPING

It is hard to see the black hole in that picture, but it is there.

Can I repurpose my t6 for exploration?

yo what

How can you tell if your Kill Warrant Scanner worked and you'll get the extra bounties?
Discovery Scanners have that Inception boom sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMD-t1OjGys

it should say "completed" on the HUD right under the progress bar that fills up as you scan your target

it says "completed" on the KWS

>2.6.2
"and after that, all the subsequent patches"

LMAO ded. He avoids saying 3.0. DS was right (again).

ayooooooo hol up CMDR

>can only pin one blueprint

but why? id pull up a website with the blueprints and alt tab anyways, so why not be able to view multiple?

"what we're aiming to do in the fairly near term"
>giving artists the tools they need to create customizable missions (3.0)

They haven't even started on it, it seems.

Fuck that's what I thought, thanks. I guess my last 3 kills were just really unwanted guys kek.

>ATV is literally an hour of Tony Z talking about pipe dreams

I used to love listening to Tony Z talk but now I'm just angry as it's nowhere near anything like that and he's constantly saying "when 3.0 rolls out it will all begin!". So where the fuck IS 3.0?

I'm bitter and mad.

>through the star

It won't. The star is orbiting the BH at the same time.

>all pulsars

They all have polar jets but that doesn't necessarily make them pulsars

Tony Z is an alright guy, but hearing him talk about their AI every couple of months and basically always saying the same thing is somewhat concerning.

Based on the last few Tony Z videos, the S42 delay and the fact that they're still working on basic NPC shit like sitting down at a table I get the impression that their AI is fucked beyond belief and they can't get it to run the way they want it to.

Where you exploring right now, user?