Name something wrong with this car. You can't

Name something wrong with this car. You can't.

GoAPR stage 2 and it's the best DD on this planet. DSG is possibly the best transmission ever made. The 2.0 is practically bombproof.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5dRujiHbpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haldex

Can't turn

youtube.com/watch?v=K5dRujiHbpA

You've never driven one

Part time AWD = less parasitic power loss. I'll admit I'd prefer full time 50:50, but part time has its advantages.

>DSG best gearbox ever

t. Volkswagen marketing

Name a better transmission. Go ahead faggot.

>You've never driven one
I've driven both it and a Mégane RS and the French shits on it

I'd rather have VWs own 6 speed manual

Your preference doesn't make something else worse, lol

You simply saying a gearbox is the best doesn't make it so, lol.

BMW DKG

DSG is stronger than the manual. Holds significantly more power and torque. Also about a magnitude faster.

>APR

Unitronic

ZF 8HP

390/410 vs 350/340... I'll take the APR you retarded canadian.

>best transmission now means highest power/torque handling capabilities
>best tune means the one with the biggest numbers
wow what a fucking pleb

good taste

Alfa Romeo TCT

literally anything with a shifter & a clutch pedal you fucking troglodyte

also, you have to pay upwards of $30k
>FOR A FUCKING GOLF

>b-b-but my le upbadged economy car is godtier xd!

Yeah the hundreds of thousands of cars on US roads with APR tunes just got it because it's a shit tune. Defos

Wtf are you on?

I never said it was a shit tune, I'm just commenting on your pleb tier reasoning. The sort of pleb that likes VWs.

And what do you drive? Egoboost Mustang?

No, but I'd much rather drive a Mustang than a Golf.
What on earth possessed you to make a thread about a Golf?

A stock Golf R will rape any Mustang on a track. Much better interior, AWD (try driving your precious Mustang in the snow kek), way higher quality materials overall because shitty Ford vs German luxury. I could list reasons all day.

>Name something wrong with this car.

Jeremy Clarkson owns one.

>Too many doors
>Too fucking expensive for a Golf
>Haldex

Front-biased AWD doesn't elevate the Golf past "fun DD" tier- I'd opt for a GTi instead and save some money. The car doesn't have the kind of power for FWD to be an issue in real-world driving anyway.

>Had the mk4 25th Anniversary GTI
>Had mk5 R32
>Had mk6 GTI

Test driving it several times still hasn't sold me even though i think its a amazing looking car... I dunno.. I'm torn between this and the Mercedes A45 i guess

>try driving your precious Mustang in the snow kek
Golf R with summer tires vs Mustang with winter tires.

AWD does shit if on summer tires.

Porsche PDK

enjoy your broken DSG after 2-3 years. not even kidding.

I'd totally daily one if I had the money but for now a fiesta st will do.
The driving position, throttle response, handling, shifting, interior materials are so above its league. Electronic issues aside, vw is godtier. Mazda is pretty close but until they release a mazdaspeed they don't even compete . The focus st is good but it's hard to eliminate its base model interior and position

The second line I'm referring to the golf r

Its a great car, probably best in class. Never really understood why americans hate vw.

Both transmissions designed by same people, literally

It really is cause the reliability. Things cost more to repair and their designs rarely allow the friendliest access. I have a vag car and can attest. However you do get an extremely good overall car.

primero post supremo post

1. Front wheel drive. That's a sin in my book.

2. It's an over priced piece of German shit eco box.

Golf will win on track...

Proceeds to name reason that have absolutely nothing to do with the track. Keep dreaming.

>it's a VW
>it's a Golf
>FWD bias "AWD"
>cheap econoshit everything
>slow
>boring to drive
>unreliable
>poor resale value
There is not a single GOOD thing about that piece of shit

I've driven the Golf VII R. I borrowed my mate's while he was on tour for 3 months with the TA. It's shit, the haldex is shit and you're shit.

Granted the current haldex is a massive improvement over the previous gens but I liken it to a less sticky turd being squeezed out of a freshly-bleached arsehole compared to a torrid fecal fountain erupting from a turgid anus. It's still shit, just less bad shit.

It still takes the system the heat death of the universe to figure out where the fuck it wants to put its power. And when you instinctively try to manage the car's shifting dynamics (as you fucking would, because you're not a shit driver, right user?), the car has decided what it's going to do, but now it must react to your changing inputs, which further confuses it. Eventually the system neutralises the car because you've left the apex and you're back on a straight road. How fun. And don't get me started on the shitty DSG "shift-learning". You have to reset the cunt every fucking WEEK because it thinks "right this guy wants to change gear now lol" NO FUCK YOU CAR JUST HOLD THE GEAR "lolno i've learnt from you duraivaruonii-chan this is what you wanted isn't it uguu" AAAAA

This car is beautifully fast in a straight line once you get over the dumb Haldex and turbo lag and it's a nice car to be in as it's quiet and comfy, but god it's so fucking DULL. Nothing is exciting. The car might as well be fucking driverless, you're that detached from what the fuck is going on. Doesn't help that the 4-cyl turbo noise sounds like VW decided to stuff pillows inside the manifolds and exhausts.

>Both transmissions designed by same people, literally
Nope. ZF makes PDK, Borg Warner makes the DSG.