/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708516531&searchtext=
atthegatesgame.com/purchase/earlyaccess
youtube.com/watch?v=Do-RQpQ3rDI&ab_channel=JonShafer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/150813-uncontacted-amazon-tribes-peru-brazil/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for superior Mrsshan gunners.

Dude...

What do you want to get out of exploring in stellaris?

Even if I didn't have any use of aliens with a high trait value I still enjoyed exploring and locating them. So it's a little bland since 1.2 that they all have a value of 2.

Would like more interactions with more simple lifeforms on planets, and I'm looking forward to orbital habitats shown in the dev diary so I can go for a carl sagan approved game.

do you guy know how to reduce the war moggling malus in civ 6?

>In order to edit the warmonger values navigate
to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's
Civilization VI\Mods\TCS Customizable
Warmonger Penalties and open the
TCS_Improved_Warmongering.xml file with any
text editor, although I strongly recommend
Notepad++.

no XD.i mean in game itself

ah, apparently denouncing before you war helps a bit

serously? XD

yep

haven't played enough civ6 so I don't have a good grasp on the mechanics, sadly firafix forbade me from playing their new game on my toaster.

>stone age
You have to wait until they become bronze age if you want to observe them from an orbital station.

If you colonize that world you'll get a bunch of options. Two of which will give you tile blockers that boost adjacent society research.

> iron/machine/atomic
not sure why you can't enlighten them.

Im talking specifically about UPLIFT.

Guys who exists as PoPs on planets ( Iron, bronze, atomic etc ages ) can be enlightened which is suppose to be a different thing.

Stone Age guys can be UPLIFTED somehow to full on sentient species but fuck me sideways if i know how to do it ...

Uplifting has been specifically about presentients as far as I know.

Some people have said "uplifting" when they meant enlightenment so wasn't sure what you meant.

>Stone Age guys can be UPLIFTED somehow to full on sentient species but fuck me sideways if i know how to do it ...

Are you sure about that?
Where have you heard that?

When it comes to uplifting I have only seen it used on Presentient species.

As for stone age primitives they can turn into bronze/iron age with pops represented on the planet if you wait long enough.

Or you can get them to full on sentient species by colonizing the world and enslaving them.

Well there ( as far as i know ) three types of Xenos in Stellaris :

Full blown Xeno empires - one where you can conduct diplomacy, start wars with etc.

Pre-FTL species - ones that have the Iron/Atomic/Machine/Late Medieval ages, one you can observe, enlighten and infiltrate

And Stone Age Primitives that exist as a planetary modifier ...

So i have no idea what the "uplift" research is for ...

>So i have no idea what the "uplift" research is for ...

Presentients.
They can be represented on planets with their own pops.

Think if aliens came to earth and there were no humans, but they found hyenas and decided to modify them so they could build a society.

Presentients have special traits that make them very useful for specific things.

Like "Proles" +30% minerals, -15% research.
As you uplift them you can add industrious and strong to them as well and they'll be very efficient workers.

Uplifted species have a +20% happiness if they live under the rule of those that uplifted them.

you can find post nuclear war earth in the game with mutant cockroaches that you can uplift

>Presentients.
Okay but where do i find them ?
I surveyed more than 200 star systems by now, i have met 4 civs in different stages of development and 2 stone age cultures and i've yet to see some "presentients" ...

Are they so rare ?

They're pretty rare.

I haven't played since 1.2, but I think I found 2 presentients in the area of one quarter of the galaxy.

I went from system to system and only surveyed habitable worlds in the beginning so I could find them faster.

I found more but others got to them first.
I think I maybe saw 4 more presentients in the galaxy.

One of them had Irradiated as their Presentient trait, so I uplifted them with Initelligent and Natural Physicists. That way they could get the most research out of tomb worlds.

The other was a prole species that supplied me with minerals.

I was hoping to find an Earthbound presentient, they have a bonus to army damage and energy.

You have 2 techs that increase trait points by +1, and it is important(or was at least) to wait until you have both before you uplift, since if you genemod them further after the initial uplifting they won't keep the +20% happiness bonus.

oh btw check the species tab, sort by population and check the ones at the bottom if any one of htem could be a presentient.

You may have missed one while surveying.

>thicc

Man, the female leaders aren't even fuckable anymore. Did civ 6 get -everything- wrong?

So. Which one is the real thread?

Thats a pretty smug queen

Senpai, what are you even talking about. Jadwiga is 10/10 SEXX

Build a space wall and make the Cravers pay for it.

What exactly do the fortifications of a planet represent? Is that some kind of anti-space wall?

Is there anything different from the full version of Update 2 and the preview of Update 2?

>two breads

Where do i post

also please tell me a low-tech and non-fantasy 4x (such as bronze age), i literally can't think of any

Any Civilization game...

I don't eat shit

not an argument

>Dump literally tens of thousands of minerals into my sector
>Check a planet
>Has multiple unimproved tiles being worked by pops

What the fuck, Stellaris?

guy in the other thread wants to discuss Seven Kingdoms 2, we shall now do that here

>corner the 110 between mine and a 65k FE fleet the AE was at war with
>the FE fleet bolts
>left to face 110k alone
>giganigga ship starts one-shotting muh cruisers from the other side of the system
>don't bail because the hull comp graphic gives me an advantage
>can't touch them for days it feels like
>suddenly get in range for most of my ships
>fukken torpedoes everywhere
>their hull starts dropping alongside mine
>win with only 25k worth of losses
>also the new owner of the Rings of stability and infinity

feelsgoodman.jpeg

Damn, all that tech and they can't even clear some fucking debris?

>win with only 25k worth of losses*
*out of 2 50k fleets

Given the OP has been hijacking conversations and seems autistitcally focused on keeping this thread alive rather than the other, let him have his fun.

>bawwww I wana chage the name of da general waaahhhhhhh

you're a fucking idiot. why the fuck do we need a name change?

So I see gal civ III is on sale next weekend and so is all the dlc. How is it?
I was very hyped when it was announced because I really liked gal civ II. But I never picked it up because I don't like the one sided battles(one side wins, the other is always completely desrtoyed). It also seemed to have less mechanics and features then gal civ II had.

Also how is the 2.20 update of gal civ II?

What mechanics/featrures is it missing? they've even added new stuff like mercenaries..
It pretty much is just gc 2 with multiplayer as far as I can tell, and somewhat easier custom race options.

>that samefagging
As expected from a butthurt autist.

Gonna get either Stellaris or Endless Legend. Is there a quick tldr comparison between the two at the positives/negitives for the games?

Outside of being 4x games, they're almost completely different?

Wait, I posted the wrong picture.
THIS is Seven Kingdoms 2.

Weren't things like espionage missing in the base game? And does anyone know if the 2.20 update of gal civ II is any good because I might just wait for that instead.

OP doesn't say "strategy trash", so fuck off with your off topic trash, faggot

Okay, go fuck yourself then.

>when you let the xenos in
Holy shit every time I put down a colony they just swarm over before I can even build stuff for them.

espionage and admirals are slated for the first expansion....whenever that is coming out.

jeez how many migration treaties do you have?
>pic related it's your wife and her son

What do you guys think of this?

You wouldnt have had this problem if you'd burned the xeno's.

Serves you right ya filthy xeno lover.

>not loving xeno's

Fallen empires are lazy fucks, instead of repairing their world ring they're only just now building research labs to study how they were destroyed.

pretty good as a wargame with some lite rpg aspects, but sort of lacking in the city dev parts. Tends to boil down to who gets their tier 3 units first but you could say that about pretty much any wargame.

it's been a while since I played stellaris but what the fuck has happened to the ai. almost every single civilization declares me rival when meeting me and just goes on a fucking rage quest to end me. for what purpose? I traded some energy to a nation I just met for wormhole rights in their favor by a few points and they accepted it and then moments later they closed their borders and declared me a rival.

It's fun. Not much depth to the city building aspects, but I enjoy the unit variety.

I've play Homeworld and empire at war a lot, I'm looking for something new to sate my space combat fetish.

How's Master of Orion and Stellaris?

With 1.5 Banks patch, you will not be able to use Xeno as cattle.

I would eat lots of fish anime girls.

Finger lickin good.

Now be able... Fuck me. Too drunk to type.

I'm looking forward to using xeno as cattle and eating them out of existence.

Stellaris is good.

You can literally play as Space Hitler and exterminate all Xenos.

Actually there is a mod where you can literally play as Space Nazis:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708516531&searchtext=

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708516531&searchtext=
Dunno about the new MoO but Stellaris focus is more on empire buillding than fighting.

>first game of Stellaris
>tfw regret becoming the vassal of the xenos with the biggest military
The fuckers forbid me from settling new planets and I can't fund an army big enough to fuck them and all the other vassals. How do I get out of this without losing half my planets in a war? Do I just have to hope the Forerunners decide to fuck them and make a move or is there a way to rally the other vassals behind a resistance?

Wait until they get into a war and rebel?

again its starting. the empire on the right started out a little negative of me but I started some trade deals and was on the way towards an understanding and about 2 years in SUDDENLY RIVALS FUCK YOU HUMANITY.

I am going to burn every alien from this galaxy

That's probably what I'm going to do, but my shit is probably going to get slapped hard because I'm surrounded by their vassals in addition to them having a fuckhuge fleet just outside of my border at all times

I wish it had the city building system of Endless Legend.

You'd have to reach a population goal for each new district, and each new one would allow you to build a new building in the district's location.

What's the best ethics and traits for a full science empire?

They really don't like you touching their borders with yours.

If you wait until they're at war, and a decent war, to rebel you can win the initial secession war simply by holding onto your planets long enough. Distract their fleet by sending small parties into their own systems and avoid direct engagements if you can. But after that you've likely got 10 years to get your shit together or attach yourself to federation otherwise you're going to be ceding planets to your old master in no time.

When I declared my rebellion two of their vassals joined me but, while we all treated the overlord as an enemy, we were also hostile towards each other. An every species for itself kind of thing I guess?

kind of unavoidable in this game, especially when our start locations are like that.

Fanatic Materialist and Talented.
Duh.

Thanks for the input. One of the forerunners just woke up and some inter-dimensional niggers are raping people on the other side of the galaxy so I think I may have a good opportunity soon

Would should my secondary ethic be?

I don't do trade deals at first with empires I want to befriend, I do "vow to protect" which raises their trust level. Then I hit them with non-aggression pact, science trade deal and only then do I disolve the vow, which I put on the next empire I want to befriend.

With that as a strategy I can enter alliances even with xenophiles as the Commonwealth of Man. I love forming a federation called the "United Confederation of Man" with the UN of Earth.

Depends on how you want to interact with the game. Pacifist if you just want to build. Individualist if you don't care what your pops do. Militarist if you want to wage wars Spiritualist/Collectivist depending on what governments you like.. Xenophobe if you want to challenge yourself with drawbacks.

If I were to play the vanilla United Earth Nations in stellaris, would it make sense to enlighten and uplift:

>1) No one, and leave the the pre-sentients and primitive civilizations to develop free of outside influence

>2) Some, but only those that are fellow individualists and therefore already in line with our own ethics and beleifs

>3) All, except perhaps the most virulently xenophobic societies and heartless collectivists.

I'm looking more for what we would actually do as opposed to what the gamey thing to do would be.

I made this thread and I never posted in the other thread.

I have autistically kept threads alive in the past though with thinly veiled roll bumps.

Good morning.

>also please tell me a low-tech and non-fantasy 4x (such as bronze age), i literally can't think of any

I think there actually is one made by the civ5 dev who made 1upt and was disappointed in its implementation.

I haven't seen it in a long time though.

It had some neat concept when it comes to fog of war, it was a stylized leathery map where things could pop up in the fog of war based on rumors.
So you could see Bison in an area, and it was possible it wasn't there at all, or just a bit further away.

Not sure if it was bronze age but I think it was low tech.

atthegatesgame.com/purchase/earlyaccess

It's in early access apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=Do-RQpQ3rDI&ab_channel=JonShafer

Depends on if you see them as the Star Trek Federation or the ultimate endpoint of modern liberals.

Federation: Study, prevent nuclear wars and destroy asteroids, but don't interfeer.

Space Liberals: Uplift & propaganda until they conform. "Like wow, collectivist much? Because it's 3227. I mean I don't even."

I always liked what Carl Sagan said.
Something like if we found lifeforms as simply as bacteria native on mars, then mars belongs to the martians.

So far that means you can't colonize any world in stellaris though.
Since every world you can colonize already has life on it. That will change when you can make orbitals and terraform barren worlds though.

The UN doesn't really seem to have problems with animal experimentation (or Artificial Intelligence) for the most part. I'd say that they wouldn't have a problem with Uplifting.

On the other hand, they also promote the protection of natives and their willingness to not be affected and distance themselves from modern civilization.

They are also willing to talk and negotiate with xenophobic/fascist governments, even if they are the antithesis of what the UN stands for, see North Korea, which is a member of the UN.

IMO, you're allowed to Uplift pre-sentients, Enlighten Individualistic/Xenophilic/Pacifist societies, and passively study Pre-FTL civs that go against your ethos or that are in a stafe lower than Renaissance/Industrial Era.

If you can use mods, I'd recommend Ethics & Government Rebuild and Gods & Guardians.

E&GR for the new Ethics to better represent the UN (mostly Egalitarianism and Educational or Cultural roots).

G&G for the new We are Your Guardians observation post option, that lets you interact with primitive civs who are advanced enough to understand your true nature.

I like the guardians idea. Hate it when some natives turn their world into a tomb world just because they hit the atomic age.

It's pretty cool because Guardian interactions with the primitives will change depending on their ethos and might improve or worsen your relationship with the natives.

The sector AI is completely helpless no matter what you do. You're better off setting the tax rate high and just removing the system from the sector when you want to make changes (you can queue up a bunch of buildings).

I don't even love xenos. I just want someone to work the tiles for me, and aliens are essentially just humans with -4 happiness because they can't vote. I kept out the foxes for a really long time because they're repugnant, but it turns out that it's not so bad.

That's why god created robots so you don't have to deal with xenos.

But robots want to take my bitcoins, while xenos only eat food.

Interesting.

So even if a primitive Medieval era civilisation was all about the liberty and xenophilia we would probably leave them alone?

I suppose? I might all depend on their ability to figure out our existence and their capacity to communicate with us their desire to intermingle and coexist with us.

Uncontacted tribes and the protection of their territories is a huge deal for some people in the UN.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

>I'd say that they wouldn't have a problem with Uplifting.

Not sure if the UN ever adopted a stance on this but countries like India no longer attempt to contact isolated tribes due to fear of spreading diseases and also how hard opening them up to the real world fucks their society. A Space UN could adopt a similar approach

Didnt see this post before making mine sorry user

Probably why aliens haven't contacted us. We're a whole planet on display for everyone to see but not touch.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis

Not for long apparently.
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/150813-uncontacted-amazon-tribes-peru-brazil/

just think of the fuck-ups then

>prevent nuclear wars and destroy asteroids
That's very much counter to the Prime Directive. If a civilisation is to die on its own, even if all it takes for you is the absolute minimal effort to prevent a billion deaths, you still can't do it, only watch. The Feds have taken a simple, good principle of not fucking with the primitives and became absolute zealots for it.

any way to increase planet size in Stwllaris?