/mcg/ - Minecraft General: the firebox needs relighting edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v11/
pastebin.com/0s8D9Y3Q
pastebin.com/0NjLN4Uh
youtube.com/watch?v=z9N5uN5ojxM
pastebin.com/p3DywYAq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for RIP TRAINSERB

Second for using Reika mods = being a furry

third for waifu mods

Fourth for Jeb being a cuckold and his wife sleeping with half Microsoft staff.

Fifth for erp waifu bed mods.

>older Chisel seems to add no significant amount of time to my pack's boot time, newer one adds about 25 more seconds than it
>broken things include compatibility with WallpaperCraft (which can be disabled), EnderIO's connected textures thingy with facades, and possibly more (maybe Minetweaker compatibility too, haven't checked)
>the older version also has a worse GUI and no left-clicking in-world to chisel things
Not sure what I'm going to do, I guess for now I'll try using the older version for longer than just a quick test to see if anything else breaks or if not having all those QoL changes updated versions gave the mod will cause me brain damage.

ts back when

maybe im paranoid but im just gonna ask, can the techgun npcs mine blocks?

Im scared shitless that my base will get devoured by pissed off zambambos.

like 10 minutes ago
it went up briefly but lynx is doing a brief bugfix right now, should be back up momentarily

That's a really cool picture.

The last crash happened due to a techguns flag fucking up. Lynx is currently fixing it in hopes of the server not dying while they sleep

You know I actually had a serb once, and someone complained that the server was too laggy and they couldn't join. When I went to investigate I found an animal pit just like, with several thousand cows that dropped the server tickrate and client fps to 1 when you approached it.

(this is octopus)
y-yamete~

So for those of us who want to get the traincraft experience without the downtime or server being full, is there anywhere we can get the ore and terrain gen and whatever other custom settings to fuck around with in singleplayer? Or does that come up default anytime you make a new world when playing the modpack? The oregen in particular is what interests me since there was obviously a lot of work put into it.

oregen is packaged in the client download

>broken things include compatibility with WallpaperCraft (which can be disabled), EnderIO's connected textures thingy with facades, and possibly more (maybe Minetweaker compatibility too, haven't checked)

Im having no problems with WPcraft, the connected textures thing is almost an non issue
Mtweaker works too.

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

RIDING ON MY DIESEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Can someone run Traincraft in Broville?

wouldn't be that bad to do, just time consuming
I would if I could be assed, but I still don't know everything about traincraft

isn't broville for a more recent version than traincraft supports?

Traveling on the Trainserb2 is a nice feeling. I'm really enjoying the custom Recurrent Complex structures the serb owner made.

That's a big tree.

I'm not entirely sure.
planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v11/

Trying to open my pack with Pokefenn's old Chisel gives me an error about WPC complaining that it couldn't find Cricket's API.
>faggot takes project from someone else
>the first thing he does is change all class paths
WELL OF FUCKING COURSE

Bats having drops + TiC orebushes caused that kind of shit all the time. The bats would fly into the bushes and die, drop a wing or something and then a zombie picks it up and no longer despawns. Repeat until 10000 zombat army.

So techguns caused a crash after spending 5 seconds in the nether, removing it allows me to load the world again, but with it installed i crash upon loading the world.

anyone know what might be wrong?
The crash log doesnt really help.

Making a new server for me and a buddy, but I've never modded anything before in my life. Made this list of mods I think would be nice starting out, am I missing anything necessary?

pastebin.com/0s8D9Y3Q

I made a pastebin incase it helps
pastebin.com/0NjLN4Uh

>page ten

client DL should have just about everything
some things are missing like my tweaks done in last ~48 hours

>yfw I didn't make that one

hats.common.core.EventHandler.onEntitySpawn(EventHandler.java:83)}
Delete hats.

TRAAAAAINS
nah it looks ok famalam

I may expand into some trainshit later, because it does look pretty fun. Thanks man.

Too busy making ghettoctry for steel on trainserb to bump.

Are command blocks the new mods?

I mean, we even have fucking mining turtles.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9N5uN5ojxM

>are command blocks the new mods

>build giant water wheels for RF on the serb
>attach dynamo
>it doesn't fucking work

So apparently you have to set down the dynamo first or it doesn't see the wheels

Why does this not work? Connectors with copper wires on top of thermopiles running to the capacitor. The input side of the capacitor is blue. No power goes

Because the middle connector is an LV connector while the other two are MV.

You actually have to set the outputs on the thermopiles too, iirc.

nope, middle is an LV relay, other two are LV connectors. Can't connect multiple wires to connectors in this version, have to use relays as go between.

smacking them with hammer does nothing

Is the user that was telling me about Thaumcraft on Trainserb here?

>Can't connect multiple wires to [LV] connectors in this version, have to use relays as go between.
Nani?

Seems like they're getting there but still no cigar.
They can replicate the behavior of things but they still don't meld or work with other elements as fluidly as they would need to - to create a seamless user experience. They're neat tricks but in they end they just look clunky. Not to mention the permanent cluster of command blocks shitting up your world. I'd imagine after several of these "mod" command block setups the game would start to shit itself from lack of a compatibility insurance and several command block scripts overriding one another - there's no accountability for what they're doing. Then again I never played with any nearly that elaborate, I could be totally wrong on that point. That aside I see another critical problem, minecraft has never required the client to synchronize with the server, which as been the beauty of the command block serverside only functionality. The problem there is that they can never add custom gui or client elements to the game, because they need to synchronize, never finishing the full cycle of a seamless user experience. It will be interesting to see if they ever try to tackle that issue or what their solutions may be.

>come back after not playing for a couple of years (around 1.7)
>game performance is 10x worse
Did they gave up on optimization or did they add some crazy shit that I am missing?

It's Mojang, take a wild guess :^)

Both, I think.

What are the less lag inducing pipes for transport, rf and fluids?

Opaque conduits, enderio item conduits. Basically anything without animations or transparency. Could make a difference on a toaster I suppose

Didn't enderIO conduits have a thing that made them lag like fug?
Might've only been on 1.6.4

Best approach to ore doubling on trainserb?

mine two ores instead of one next time

>implying you need to double when 99% of every chunk is ore

>Trying to install Binnie's mods
>Keep crashing

pastebin.com/p3DywYAq

Please help

I think that bug was removed awhile ago. I abuse item conduits and don't have any lag issues.

>not doubling
double your ore, mine half as much

Welcome to 1.8+ in general.

Fuck that, then my robits would have nothing to do.

Nevermind, found the binnie patcher and that fixed it.

Blastcap bridge is now complete

I figured it out, thanks though.
may the train gods smile upon thee

So is satellite map file in Broville download corrupted for anyone else?

Is growthcraft still updating?

yes and no.
there was a community takeover, but after an update (simply to adapt to forge's new fluids) they went kind of bonkers and started doing weird shit

I like that you found a use for otherwise useless constantan blocks, but as far as those lampposts go, I'd say less is more.

I decided to upgrade my ride.

so get rid of the 2nd and 5th posts?

Oh okay, not like I was having fun.

This is what happens when you add mods to a broken game. Why do you think that they make so much money on vanilla servers?

That RV is pretty dank, what mod. please not vanila again

please not tranny again

Why can't I connect? It says the server is up

Admin says it has stalled.

I want to have fun

>I want to have fun

Breh I am on the verge of putting the 'train' in TrainSerb. You aren't alone.

Everyone is just so much further than me. Maaaaan.

>I'm stuck on table one
>No tank cars or any of the really neat stuff that I like

I'm literally building this shit with wood and iron. I'm really not very far.

>tfw highest tech is BC pump and a poorly automated TCon smeltery
>too busy blitzing thaum research
>greatwood and silverwood saplings just not dropping at all
Mage is suffering

>tfw found 28 research fragments
>8 greatwood saplings
>3 silverwood saplings
>some sort of magical ninja star ornament
>no idea how to do thaum

In fairness I just don't know what any mods do. I have a little safety-hideout south west of spawn that's prepping to build a big IC2 factory and maybe some Forestry stuff soon.

Teach me about Thaum. I just got the book and scanner. I want golem friends.

Make iron capped wooden wand (check NEI) and then use it on a vanilla bookcase

>imblying you have to make them stop
double the ore, double the mine, quadruple the shekels

No no I have the book. I'm scanning junk and all that. I need paper and ink so I can research stuff now right? I just sort of go through the trees in order and it'll reveal crafting recipes?

>Robits

Teach

Generally yeah, read the thaumonomicons articles on research for more info by clicking the icons in the book.

honestly your best bet for sapplings is to give phials of $$$ to the Pesh. Hope you haven't been smelting these coins

Alright. Also I've seen people talk about Thaumatic Bases I think. They mentioned mind controlling mobs to function as allies/guards. What else can it do? I think it and Witching Gadgets are plugins for it right? I didn't see anything about them on the wiki.

>8 greatwood saplings
>3 silverwood saplings
What you want for those mate?

What's a nice factory-y block that isn't just stone brick?

>two whole standard size greatwood trees worth of saplings

ye motherfucker best be sharing those with the rest of us.

Chisel Factory blocks?

>Drop carpenters blocks
>FPS goes from 15-19 to 60+

It sucks running a toaster

Im starting fresh with a new map. Anyone got a seed with some cool or interesting mountains, preferably with a forest nearby but not necessary.

I AM ABOUT THREE FUCKING SECONDS FROM TRASHING THIS FUCKING MOD.

AUTOMATING INSCRIBERS IS THE SINGLE MOST FRUSTRATING THING IN AE2, AND EVERYTHING FUCKING RELIES ON THEM.

I should just be fucking doing this with something like Project Red or Logistics Pipes, but HOLY FUCK WHY ARE THEY SO AWKWARDLY SIDED LIKE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

where did you find that famalam

automating inscribers? literally 3 seconds

did you even watch those 6 hour long tutorial videos on youtube?

Likely by finding world gen structures

I remember seeing a tutorial of an "Easy 5x5 Inscriber Automation setup" but everything I see is "Yeah they're really easy I just used these EIO pipes to automate them. All right bye." SHOW ME HOW YOU FUCKING DID IT YOU COCKGOBBLING CUNTFLAP

i know that I wanna know which one for autistic admin purposes

Big spooky asylum or small spooky building near asylum?
Which one should I check first?