PSA is about to acquire Opel/Vauxhall

>PSA is about to acquire Opel/Vauxhall

And new Opels were just starting to get better and better. I feel that PSA will fuck it all up.

Other urls found in this thread:

holden.com.au/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Opel/Vauxhalls
>Good

Yeah, sure...
They can't get any worse, now can they?

>what is the catalog

That's exactly the mindset the people at Opel always have to fight against despite actually having improved a fuckton since the 90's AND the fuckups from above by GM all the fucking time.

They're just fucking not allowed to get back on track ever again it seems.

The 1.6 turbo Astra is about the cheapest new car you can get right now that that has 200hp.

>shit company buying another shit company
And nothing of value was lost.

But the new Holden Commodore is literally Opel/Vauxhall Insignia

>Opel
>good

Insignias literally an hero after 150k kms.

>replace entire Buick brand with rebadged opels
>sell opel to psa
>buy back cars you designed from the French or retire Buick as well

Is Gm trying to kill everything but Chevy?

buick will go back to being rebadged chevy's

At this point Buick only really exists in China, they're gms worst domestic brand and aren't marketed anywhere but the US and China

As long as GM finally gets their filthy crooked hands off Opel it's fine by me. Granted, PSA isn't the most prestigious conglomerate out there, but they're probably more in tune with european automotive tastes and priorities than GM could ever be.

I'm more worried about Buick.

The only good cars they made were from Opel.

As someone who works on cars I'm seriously thinking of starting a new career. Peugeot/citroen are fucking terrible cars, despite vauxhall/opels reputation they are better cars, but now they're going to be using PSA running gear. Fuck sake.

Opel and Vauxhall do make solid, reliable, dependable cars, they're just boring to drive. Same goes for PSA. If the deal goes through, I can't see Opel-Vauxhall going down the tubes, they'll keep making the same boring cars.

The real victim is gonna be Buick, their range are just re-badged Opels. What they gonna do now? Emigrate to China? Get consigned to the history books?

75% of Holdens are also rebadged Opels

holden.com.au/

GM will go to shit if Opel leaves

Don't forget the other cars that use Opel-developed platforms, which is like 75% of Chevy's current lineup.
Losing Opel could very well kill GM.

China is central to GM's business plans so either way they keep Buick.

PSA had a sketchy decade from about 2003 onwards but they're generally better than most people would credit

They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try and put so much shitty tech on their cars. And we can thank them for the monumental fuck up, particulate filters.

>Losing Opel could very well kill GM.
We can only hope.

But even Buicks partially are rebadged Opels.

Maybe they'll bring back Pontiac if this goes through.

So they can milk it with more rebadges?