I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 Camry SE 2.5L later today

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 Camry SE 2.5L later today

Did I make the right choice? Looking for a durable reliable DD that gets decent gas and will last for 10 years+

Yea user the camry is a great dd

3k civic or 5k miata

stop kidding yourself. you're not going to keep it 10 years. You're going to jump ship at the first several hundred dollar repair or you're going to get cucked into buying a crossover by a gf or wife. It's a boring car for boring people. The camry is shit without the V6. If it's 14-15k you should be putting down 4k.

Why not go for a Passat? Better looking, there's cheap tuning potential with the turbo, VW is decently reliable with proper maintenance, but not as bulletproof as a Camry... Or you could get one with a 2.5l and just have a much nicer interior and ride

Get the Passat or the v6

so much edge in that projection

I hear VW are unreliable.

And let's not kid ourselves, no Passat will ever be as reliable as a Camry.

>l-look at th-that p-p-projection haha

shut the fuck up

no

You're just making yourself look more autistic.

>projection

What are you carrying OP?

yes, but its quite a decent car here in Europe and its a looooot more nicer to driver and has a much better quality interior. its a step above camry.

Back in 2013 i bought a new altima after test driving a camry. Altima had far better interior and awesome seats. Camry was cheap af inside. Altima was also quicker and less noisy, back then anyway.

Passats really are nice to drive

I had an '03 wagon for awhile and it was a comfy commuter car

so boring it's depressing but great way to get into a fairly new one cheap and hope it holds up so you can get your ten years out of it.

>buying an unreliable scumbag transportation device
Seriously horrible cars. And youre lying anyway.
The passat will never be what a camry ia in america.
No one trusts VW, and with good reason.

Had a 2003 Camry that got up to 240k miles when I sold it. The only thing major that needed changing was a cracked motor mount around 180k, otherwise it was just oil changes and other routine maintenance. I still see the guy I sold her to driving it around... god I miss her

Get the V6 or don't even bother.

These are pretty nice looking, not gonna lie.

The 2015+ look like ass tho

Interior is asscrap. A friend had one that he bought new, all the plastic was scuffed and was very bland from sun. Seats are meh, gas pedal is overly sensitive.

Reliable yes, a good place to sit and drive for "10 years"? Fuck NO.

Thats funny. I drove one as a rental and found it to be very comfy and well built.
Nothing was scuffed, even being a rental car.

Most rental cars are less than 2 years old and while hard miles, generally low mileage.

I think my friends example had ~68k miles on it. The interior looked like it had 2x that mileage.

Im calling bullshit on you too
My inlaws have one with 300 something thousand miles on it. Not even a rip in the seat. Nothing is messed up.

Did ya do it, OP?

get a fusion

I trust vw. My golf has had zero issues and gets great gas milage.

>ford
Um....no. unless it's free

>The passat will never be what a camry ia in america.
>No one trusts VW, and with good reason
Are you retarded?
The 2azfe engine in camrys its a tragic shitpile that has horrible oil circulation and burns a shit ton of oil
Reliabilitys what you make of your car

Are the n/a 4 cylinder Fusions reliable? You know, the base model?

Also was thinking about getting a base model Taurus with the n/a V6, but never had a Ford before so not sure how reliability is. Can't be worse than GM, can it? Every GM car I've had were pieces of shit