How do you think future historians will look upon our enabling of what has previously been considered mental diseases?

How do you think future historians will look upon our enabling of what has previously been considered mental diseases?

Stuff like transexuality, gender issues etc.

Will it be a celebrated revolution or a dark, crazy chapter like how we view Victorian era debauchery today?

Depends what happens in the future I guess idk

No idea because it's not history.

It will be celebrated because those people will stop breeding. It will be understood that being tolerant of these mental disorders reduces their numbers in future generations. By suppressing these people, not only are you causing them pain, but when they try to live a straight life and end up having children, their children will also face the same issues. By tolerating and embracing their expression, they will breed less and fewer children will be born with these disorders, so that they are rare and have little impact on society.

I really think that transexualism is simply a lack of technology to make people into the sex they want to be.

In 50 to 100 years they will be able to grow artificial vags, dicks, and boobs and install them into anyone who wants to be the other sex.

I'd argue that in 100 years from now, a fully reassigned male to female will be indistinguishable from a fully functionally female (even as so far to have babies in their artificial vag).

Given that, there will no longer be trans people because everyone has access to technology for the reassignment.

Ergo it won't be a big deal in the future and everyone will forget about the current situation.

Except the futanari dick girls which will be popular. Maybe they will complain about them.

You are thinking linearly. In the future there will be clones if they need more people. Chances are with the robot labor force, new humans won't be needed except for a few people who are deemed worthy to progress the human race.

Or not at all if the machine masters figure out they don't need humans.

>if I shoe horn in references to "future historians", it's Veeky Forums, not /pol/!

Motherfucker we need some actual mods. This shit isn't history.

Technically future history is still history.

No, it is literally fucking not, you dolt. The 25 year rule is in place for a reason.

>future history

>"future historians"
>future history
the hell?

Can some future historians tell me this weeks lotto numbers?

Any event after 1991 is current events which means it is politics which means it belongs on the politics board, /pol/

>inb4 muh humanities

humanities was a mistake

but /pol/ will just talk about degeneracy

Tough shit. Every board has a popular opinion.

You can always go to reddit.

/v/ doesn't like COD, doesn't mean you can post about it on /k/. Deal with it.

that's a drag queen, a parody of femininity
to call them a tranny is just dumb

& humanities :^)

This thread is about time, not philosophy, time which takes place after 1991 and thus is current events which is thus politics.

>I'd argue that in 100 years from now, a fully reassigned male to female will be indistinguishable from a fully functionally female (even as so far to have babies in their artificial vag).

Really makes you think...

Well he is not wrong, this topic is debating history in its greatest extent.
Stop trying to be whiny.

It's debatable whether those things are mental illnesses.

On the other hand what unquestionably is a mental illness is christianity.

>gender issues

I'll give you trannies but not gender issues

We should make a banner that says "Error est a humanities"

Homosexuality is a mental disease.

trannie fedora, >>>/leftypol/

Shouldn't you be communicating telepathically with your imaginary friend right now?

Oh man, you sure Blew me the fuck out, be sure to tell your internet friends on /r/atheism

I don't have friends

So much atheism in this thread. I don't like it.

Left-handed Ness used to be considered mental illness. Perhaps it will be seen like that.

It is mental illness because it's an abnormality. It doesn't affect their lives much.

>I really think that transexualism is simply a lack of technology to make people into the sex they want to be.
the desire to change sex is the most hedonistic expression that a person can make.

this shows that it is the lowest point in humanity

>It is mental illness because it's an abnormality.

That's not how we define mental illness. If we did, we could call high intelligence a "mental illness" too. To be illness it has to cause impairment and/or distress.

>the desire to change sex is the most hedonistic expression that a person can make.
How so?

>this shows that it is the lowest point in humanity
It's hardly a new thing. See Elagabalus.

>future history
This board was a fucking mistake

Why