What does Veeky Forums think of a Challenger SRT 392?

What does Veeky Forums think of a Challenger SRT 392?

I've recently switched over to a better company in my field and got a whopping 15 grand raise and now I have a little bit of room to get a better car. Currently rocking a V6 2014 Camaro and I'm looking to get a V8 and actually see out my windows. So I'm turning to a Dodge.

The only one that's selling near my ballpark is $40,000 grand however, personally I thinks its a deal, but I wanted a second opinion from someone.

Douchey bromobile

Get the Charger instead.

fourty thousand grand is a lot for that car. it should cost at least one thousand times less than that.

He's right OP $40,000,000 seems a little steep.

None of these guys know anything about cars like this. They're thinking of the R/T. If it's a new challenger with a 6.4 392 hemi it will be around 40 grand for the scat pack version and close to 50 for the SRT. There is also a new T/A 392 but im not sure about the pricing on that one. It will be more than 40k though. 40 is reasonable.

As you can see, it causes a lot of butthurt from Civic drivers. If it's a SRT 392 for $40k that's an excellent deal. That's Scat Pac price which has the same motor but not as fancy suspension.

Is it manual or auto?

Go drive one, but I'm going to assume that going from the handling of even a meg v6 5th gen Camaro to a Challenger is not going to feel very pleasant.
Also go at least give a 6th gen SS Camaro a try, the generation jump was night and day for me. 10/10 car.
Challengers are still stuck in the previous gen and are relying on meme editions and spec sheet padding to get sales, and they're not due for a new car until 2018. If you really love the Challenger, at least wait until then.
I just bought a new car in December and tested the hell out of the Camaro 2SS, Mustang GT, and SRT 392 (along with some other cars like an M2). The Camaro was the clear winner for me with the Mustang coming in runner up. Challenger got ruled out fairly quickly for me.

Get pic related instead, user. Or if you can afford it, the ZL1.

get the Z28 for maximum DD potential

New ones ain't ou yet, br/o/. But the last gens can be had for quite a bit less than the original MSRP. Good old 'murrican depreciation.

Hey OP, actual owner of a SRT 392.

Mine is a 2015 with the 8 speed ZF and i enjoy it a lot. Test drove a 370z, 2015 Mustang GT, 5th and 6th gen Camaro SS, 335i, and C63 before deciding on the challenger.

The ride, interior, performance, and looks are just killer. It actually handles really well for how big it is thanks to the huge ass brakes and adaptive suspension. Sorta wish they gave it bigger tires in the rear but the 275s work pretty well.

Essentially, its no corvette or camaro Z/28 but its pretty comfy, is great for long drives at night, and can smoke most cars from a stop.

>see out my windows

I don't think the Challenger is much better in that respect.

That D-pillar looks pretty big

The Z/28 is also the least DD-able camaro ever made

less comfortable than DD'ing a Viper

and the front tires guarantee you can never make a U-turn ever

Oops, meant C-Pillar

I think you would enjoy the 392 alot. I have a few friends that have one. I have a Hellcat. I love the comfort you have when driving. One of the few muscle cars I own that I can actually enjoy driving for hours at a time without getting uncomfortable.

A nice amount of horsepower for what you pay for. I don't think you would regret it. I know alot of guys want to talk about ZL1's and mustangs etc... But I find the comfort and power of a Challenger for more appealing.

Good luck on your search for the right car. Most importantly get what YOU want.

If you have the cash get it. It fucking alphas any new cuck bmw or hideous Mercedes and look and drive like absolute savagea

You can get the shit-pack for under 35k now. The deal are out there.

I find the SRT 392 to be kind of pointless when the R/T scat pack exists.

I have a C6 and I'm debating selling it for a SRT 392.

don't do this
these guys are right.

buy one used for like ~30k.
also worth noting, the newer model interiors look like shit. any challenger 2013 or older is way more aesthetic

The challenger is the only muscle car today that actually resembles its original form in any way whatsoever.

I'm a Camaro guy and would never even consider the 5th or 6th gen camaros. Somehow they managed to downgrade from the 4th gen aesthetic which isn't saying much

If you don't my crappie gas mileage, it's easily the most comfortable and power sports Coupe for the money. Been daily driving my R/T for five years and I fucking love it.

They're great highway cars and they are super comfortable if you're going to be stuck in traffic as well. Plus, when you want to, you can open it up and smoke out an entire parking lot.

Aren't you the same fag who made a thread about 2 months ago talking about leasing an automatic rs camaro because you wanted something more stylish?

Except for the fact that it's not even the right name it originally had

Except for the fact that camaros and mustangs literally bare no resemblance to their first incarnation.