ITT: What is a racing game that you think is underrated or gets more hate than it deserves?

ITT: What is a racing game that you think is underrated or gets more hate than it deserves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61ZcR3Fwnc8
desktopthread.com/Tripcode_Explorer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DriveClub.

youtube.com/watch?v=61ZcR3Fwnc8

Don't worry, I will neck myself.

on a sidenote, how did you manage a good tripcode? I got this shit one from putting in my usual password

I used this:

desktopthread.com/Tripcode_Explorer/

nice, thanks

I liked The Run.

pole position

nfs rivals

This game has by far the best customization I've seen in any game to date.

Horizon 3
Horzion 2
Horizon 1 (360)
Forza 1-4
wish i had a better PC

NFS hot pursuit 2

Came her to post this. The PS2 version is unbelievable for 2002. Fun as fuck and looked amazing. It wasn't until the most recent wave of racing games that I felt the graphics for this game started to look dated.

i double that

Need for Speed Pro Street

Wow, that looks great.

gonna load up PCSX2

muh nigguh

hot pursuit 1 and 2 on PC were a big part of my childhood

FUCK

no skybox and shaders all fucked

Trying HP2 now Burnout 3 is playable but looks crap nothing like the old ps2 or xbox

Even on PS3, the graphics of Hot Pursuit were pretty mind blowing.

holy fuck

this is the best i could get the old i5 to do (software, hardware is broken on my amd drivers atm)

There's something about the graphics in this game that makes the world come to life. It has an overall lush appearance that Most Wanted and Rivals lacked.

Looks scenic.

I played that game so much. I bought the F1 because it was the only way I could win online races.

MDC:LA

It still remains to be my favorite racing game of all time, even if handling is bullshit inaccurate, and bikes were bullshit quicker than everything else in the game.
And all the Project Gotham Racing (PGR) games.

And TDU2

I had Driver 3 (DRIV3R) years ago and loved it, something about it felt better to me than GTA. Everyone i know just talked about GTA and have never heard of Driver though

I had this on ps2 ages ago

I remember getting so fucking mad at it over a race where you had to drive against mclaren F1's for 20 fucking laps or some massive number like that.

Damn, those were the days.

I find Juiced 2 a very enjoyable, as it has great car selection, probably better then most NFS do and a very nice feel to customization. The biggest flaw of Juiced 2 would be that it really starts dragging out and nothing really changed up in the higher leagues.

I recently replayed both Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted.
I have to admit I have no nostalgia for UG2 as my PC I had as a kid made UG2 unplayable, yet ran MW at 15 fps or so.
With this out of the way,
UG2 is probably the most overrated of NFS games. It is tedious and highly repetitive, as well as lacking in an engaging plot structure.
Underground was linear, but had a sense of progression and a very clear goal.
Most Wanted had an even cleared goal and more engaging progression with the Blacklist, giving a sense of achievement.

UG2 lacks this minor detail that makes a major impact. The events lack any character, the progression after the first "chapter" just becomes a grind(Do 30 races, do 3 sponsor events , win 7 tournaments, rice up your ride to whore it out to 3 DVD covers).
The first URL(Tournament) event has the same descriptions as the last
>Hey bro, this is the big leagues, if you don't prove yourself now, its over
Even though I had already dominated 20 previous events. The big bad guy shows up for one event where you do 5 laps and that is it, Game over, good job.
The customization of cars, while "better" than UG, feels less rewarding and more show for the sake of show.

If had to rank second gen NFS games, I would say
Most Wanted > Pro Street >= Underground > UG2 >= Carbon

High Stakes still king baby.

driver has a certain atmosphere to it
i like it, but it also feels empty, which kills it for me

lol

This is why i love forza its just

>get in car
>drive car
>more realistic than NFS
>Yet arcadeyness is more fun than most modern NFS post Underground1

It's brought down by the load times taking for-fucking-ever for about 2 minutes worth of stage.

ITT: name any game that features cars

it came out at a time when all the tech was new and wild with a team who seemed to care more about seeing how things worked rather than pushing for more out of a new technology

This.

Non really underrated, more like ignored and forgotten

love this game so much.

So sad reflections never made anything that good again.

Too bad the cars drove horribly

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3

Inb4 >NASCAR
For 2003 this game had a dam good physics engine, and it still holds up quite well today. AI is a bit weird at times and graphics are dated, but the cars drive with almost perfect accuracy, real driver's used this game to practice for upcoming races, a driver won at Pocono his first time there because of this game
Unfortunately EA bought NASCAR license exclusively so this game was only sold for a few months. It's also easy as fuck to mod and you can make this game fun as shit in like 30 seconds by making cars go stupid fast and stuff like that.
If you're looking for a new racing sim I highly recommend this hidden gem

Indeed user I remember playing the demo back in the day and got blown away by the visuals.

you and I both know that game is garbage. But it has it's charm that still makes me play it. I wish there was a Tx3 with Import Tuner Challenge graphics/handling with the whole PA rival system.

>no controller support other than the xbox one, no wheel support at all
>wonky physics, cars are glued to the road
>that fucking AI rubberbanding

It deserves all the hate it has. All they had to do was touch up Juiced 1's controls so the handling on keyboard wouldn't feel like turning on a cargo truck.

>underrated or hate
>for the best oval sim

I thought everyone loved Hot Pursuit?

NFS Shift 1 was fun to play
NFS Shift 2 was fun to play until it shat itself 4 or 5 races into the game. I really wanted it to work too :/

Trust Eutechnyx to make racing games that have lots of cool features but drive like shit.

this

>one NIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT OF THE HUNTERRRRRRR

muh nigguh

It's actually a pretty good simcade racer with a really cool and unique selection of tracks.

I see people complain about the physics on this game a lot and I don't know why, it replicates the feel of riding a motorcycle on track (which I've done) quite well, you have to trailbrake right to the apex if you want to go fast (but can lowside if you go too hard), you can spin it up (or highside) on the exit and if you enter the corner wrong your exit will be all wrong...just like real motorcycles.

I got the first one on sale, but I didn't feel like I cared enough to learn how to cope with bike physics so it's sat. Looked pretty though

Underground/most wanted kiddies hated it because muh customization

my

nigga

I played this a lot as a kid. Probably why I failed physics class.

Evo VI a best

Sega GT 2002 for XB1. Mildly under rated, it had a decent tuning menu too.

It even came packaged w/ Jet Set Radio Future which rocked back in the day.

Pic related. Still the most fun I've ever had playing a racing game

Pic.

that isnt burnout 3 you dense motherfucker

Wow forgot about this one

This looks like something mexicans would play

Seriously though, video games actually are for degenerates.

And what's even more pathetic is playing video games that are simulations of real life things. People who play shit like NBA, FIFA, and Forza/GT/NFS are the most pathetic of all gamers. Instead of going out and actually playing basketball, soccer, or driving a car, they're at home playing video games pretending to do those things.

It's embarrassing.

>t. Regular Poster on Indonesian Sock-Puppet Theatre forum

which driver was it?

i dunno user

i like racing games because
>Street racing is illegal, i don't want to go to jail
>Motorsport in general is p dangerous, i don't want to die.
>I can't afford to fly to germany whenever i feel like it when i want to drive on the nurburgring
>Although i do drive a sporty car, I can't afford a 100k+ supercar, letalone to street race and destroy

kys faggot

what i do agree on is sports games. I genuinely can't tell the difference over fifa 2009 and fifa 2016.

I almost beat that game. I defeated the DK and need to beat the finalists
no I think mnc3 was better
good game strange mechanics
It's all about LA rush
this and revenge

i liked the car in mdc3 more than mdcla

but the map was much cooler in mdcla

So much this. I play with frens. I must have 2-300 hours on it. I love it so much

Best motorcycle racer ever.

no. Detroit and tokyo best maps

I never got to play remix, so I never played Japan.
But Detroit was the best in the base game, and I played the fuck out of the psp version.

There was the McLaren F1 invitational tournament over 7 races, or what you are most likely thinking of is the GTR LM 10-lap endurance race on the longest course, which takes about 30 minutes to complete with AI that can easily catch up and rape you at the slightest mistake. That race was a shitter.

CLK GTR NFS Edition best car tho

try MNCLA remix it has Tokyo and I think a few more things. keep in mind it's built from the MNC3 engine

Paradise underrated?
quite the opposite really... it got much more love than i think it deserves, i think it's vastly inferior to Burnout 3

Hot Pursuit was really successful sequel. It was a real example of how to properly remake an old classic like that Hot Pursuit from late 90s. Without any customization whatsoever, besides color switch, it was "empty" and "full" game at the same time. Its something thats mashed up with NFS and TDU. Im one of those guys "muh old nfs fast n furiouz! Muh riced civic!1", but damn I enjoyed 2010 Hot Pursuit. The trailer EA released at the time was fucking mind blowing. Watching trailer at 1080p with those outstandigly superb natural and at the same time juicy colours made me wonder if I watch CGI based movie or is it a video game in the end of the day. Whats more exciting, they didnt lie about graphics (lookin at you watch dogs). We got what we saw. And on top of that, devs managed to make it run on low spec PCs offering great visuals. The world scenery is as amazing as GTA5. Cop chases were amazing. Racer/cop switch was something really groundbreaking. Sadly its not that challenging and rather short game story. This was the game they tried and they succeeded. I know we didnt get catchy nigga hip hop and rap like we did in MW, UG/2, but that main OST was pretty badass. But hey, cant blame trendy music genres, now its even worse with trap music and whatnot

UG2 is all about atmosphere, user. They wouldnt even release Underground series if not Fast and Furious franchise. Repetitive? Maybe, but the atmosphere is so unique paired with nice bass blasting tracks, i dont even pay attention to something else. It had progression tho, you start with shitty civic/golf and work your way up. What i disliked about career is the fact that you can jump from tier 1 cars to tier 4 with amount of money. I mean i just finished few races with one car and then i have an ability to switch to like 10 new cars. Also, being able to progress to 100% with shitty civic is bullshit, they needed to cap power of cars.

With UG2 you had to unlock the higher tier cars by completing either the URL races or completing a stage of the game.

>ctrl+F
>only one mention of PGR

the fuck guys

Blur was decent too (same company).
Best advertising campaign, at least.

>tfw no PC version
>tfw only have the worse PS3 version

YES

holy shit I remember this

I miss this game

Rivals > NFS 2015 imo

Juiced really was terrible though.

test

its hans s15 color xD

>Online only
And that's why they died

Tdu2 best racing game ever, tdu3 sucked

That's funny considering you can't even buy cars in NFSU2.

That shit is more of TDU user. Complete the first Enzo delivery and you can buy a ZO6 within 10 minutes of starting the game.

Also the tier list system is BS. You've seen what they did in Carbon. Cars all over the place that don't even make sense.

Fucking pussy.

made by the same people that did Driver.