How the fuck are you all able to buy these nice cars? Are you financing them? Where the fuck does the money come from?

How the fuck are you all able to buy these nice cars? Are you financing them? Where the fuck does the money come from?

I'm a student and wait tables at a restaurant on the side and I'm broke as shit. What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC3CG1J_0qs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they graduated and got jobs in their fields

or they never went to college and earned money over a long period of time

steal a car

1. Graduate.
2. Get a decent job.
3. Save money.
4. SAVE MONEY.
5. Save until you have enough money to comfortably pay the car in cash.
6. Instead of buying in cash, finance at a low rate with 20% down.
7. With the remainder of the purchase price, invest the money and beat the minuscule interest rates on car loans.
8. Walk away with a decent car that you would have purchased anyways, and capital gains.

who?

barely anyone has a decent car here

>Where the fuck does the money come from?
They are usually peacocking.

Richfags love cars so that explains most of Veeky Forums

I have no idea how financing or leasing works

but wouldn't it be better to finance it, then pay up the rest quickly? Wouldn't that increase your credit score more compared to waiting out the financing agreement?

Go to any mustang thread and there are people with brand new 5.0s, or any Challenger thread and people have got new SRT8s.
There's not a lot, but people on this board have some nice ass cars.

Paying off your loan too soon can hurt your credit score

Depends. Having a long history of payments is also very beneficial to your credit score so they know that you are reliable.

I have the money for a used C7 Stingray w/ z51 but I'm still going to finance so that I can invest instead of tie up my money in a depreciating asset. It really depends on where you are at in life man.

When I was in school and earned 9-10 bucks an hour, I drove a car that was worth 2-4k that I paid cash for.

Brand new mustang got his car after some fuckwad rearended his old one iirc, providing big insurance sum

idk have you tried not being a faggot? Just be cooler and you can afford a cool car.

Your first mistake was going to school and waiting tables.
Get a blue collar job and buy any car you want.

Fucking this

Exactly this

I've been told and have read financing at 10% is acceptable.

I never considered financing an option until visiting Veeky Forums and learned how to invest.

As of right now I'm considering financing a

How is financing at 10% (plus fees and shit) acceptable? For luxury cars you can negotiate a 10% cash discount nigger. Time to buy a copy of the Art of the Deal.

Sorry it's late. I misread this. Ignore

>have school paid for
>get internships during school
>graduate
>good starting salary
>invest
>move from upper middle class to upper class
>buy nice cars

>move from upper middle class to upper class
unless your investments net you millions of dollars a year, you're still middle class

Graduate school or work in a trade or join the military

Most people finance newer cars

i live with my mom, and i make $78000 a year with almost zero expenses

cell phone is the only bill i have

Why?

why not? living alone is depressing

I am a 23yo bachelor in Computer Science and am now doing programming for € 16 /h for 32 hours a week

Too bad you weren't born with intelligence and dedication genes OP

Can't you find a nice girl? I hope you pay your mother your fair share of the house expenses. Do you clean and cook as much as her?

where do you live user? like what state?

>almost 2 years out of college
>English degree
>$200/mo student loan payments
>only making 45k

Fucking kill me.

I guess I have to look up Veeky Forums on how to invest, up until now I followed that path to point 6., but instead of investing I just wanted to keep the money to pay everything at once in case that something goes wrong and I don't want to be in debt.

Other than that I have to step up my income, I have the feeling that 50k€ as engineer after 3years work in my field isn't that good

Lol thats trash pay, ur getn fukt m8

Read up some articles, apparently average pay after 2 years is 49k€, so I'm completely average
>next yearly evaluation end of next month
Aiming at 8-10% raise, one can dream (^:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC3CG1J_0qs

>How the fuck are you all able to buy these nice cars?
Because those people either have a career job, work in the family business, or made their own business. All those are ways to be on the fortunate side of the financial chasm colloquially known as the gap between the well-off and the poor.

But since you are a student, you are investing in your future earnings by trying to get the most out of your education. Unappreciative students simply endure their education and take it for granted they will have a career job after graduation.

> I work for a living
> I saved up for a few months for a big deposit
> I'm financing my nice car, nearly paid off

What are your jobs? Where do you work and how much do you make?
Also what is your age?

>Age
>Job
EC&I Engineer (graduate) for energy industry services company
>Salary
Just started in September on £28k. Will go up to £30k next September latest, but could be the end of this month if I'm really lucky.

Good money for the UK and better than most grad schemes, but definitely not the highest. although at least my industry is stable.

Just want to get chartered asap tbqh family

Thus pretty much. I drove shitty cars for a long time before I could afford the fun stuff

none of the ones you replied to but I have bought cars outright with cash for 80+K

I work for the US department of defense overseas in the middle east doing IT server administration.

I make about $120-150K a year, the reason it's not a set amount is that it is determined on the contract I get.

And I am 23

Current English major here, what do you do user

>English major
Why are you doing a liberal arts degree?

Copywriter for an ad agency. Starting pay isn't great but there's opportunity to make a decent living after a few years in.

Ima baller peas an dat

How'd you get a job as a copywriter? Any tips to help a fellow user pls.

Because after 4 years of depression and trudging through community college, when I got into real college I needed something to major in and I like to read and write so I thought English would be good. I'm kinda regretting it and thinking I should've done engineering.

>shit job
>broke
Don't understand it personally

By flipping shitpiles. It took about a year to get a decent ride. Still flip occasionally for profit.

Business my dude. You'll actually be able to apply something you learn into your job unless you are

Became interested in the career after looking at my options as an English major. Lucked out because a professor of mine recommended me to his buddy, who is a creative director at the agency I'm currently working at.

Take any marketing/advertisement classes that are available at your school and network with the professors.

So you work in a war zone where you'll inevitably get kidnapped and murdered?

I went to school, studied my ass off, graduated with honors, and then got a good job in my field.

>Are you financing them?
Of course. My credit is good and in a time of record low interest rates you'd be retarded not to. Anyone who tells you "buy 100% all cash" and "i keeps muh money under muh mattress" is a moron with no concept of how the real world actually works.

>Where the fuck does the money come from?
The bank borrows it at a lower rate than they give it out to you at. They owe money to someone just like you do, just on a larger scale.

OR

Dont be a fucking douchbag working to have cash all your life. Buy second hand car that needs repair, and DIY. Grow up and do your wealth with your fingers.
I hate seeing cars enthousiast that only cracked one day the bank and dont even know how to unbolt their wheels.
Damn it.

this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard and I believe it completely

Copywriter guy here again:

If you can get an internship at an ad agency, do it. I wish I had.

Other than that, there's "portfolio schools" where you can work with aspiring art directors under guidance of teachers. It gets you a book (aka portfolio, work you show a potential employer) but for the most part it's a waste of money. Some agencies pay their interns around $13/HR. Get paid while learning the biz, don't pay a portfolio school to teach you.

After around 5 or so years in you can be making aroubd six figures, so it's not a bad choice for English majors. However, the work can be stressful. Some copywriters freelance instead of working full time at an agency. Freelancing has its pros and cons but can be an attractive option if you like to shitpost on Veeky Forums all day in your own home.

r/copywriting can help you with specific questions.

poor bait

It can hurt you insofar as it'll lower your average age of credit, since that's a factor in your score. But it's not much and generally it's not anything to worry about.

>do SAP (software) work on salary
>$60K starting out of college, making >$100K/yr by age 26
>finance car and don't go crazy but do buy new with car + options I want

length of credit history (average age of account) is 15% of the FICO score. but then another 35% of your fico score is payment history. more positive payments leads to a better score.

that being said you can get over 800 with just credit cards and if you have several lines like that with good history it doesn't matter how long you keep an auto loan open. paying the extra interest vs. an early payoff doesn't really benefit you THAT much to justify it.

I graduated college, secured an entry level job in my field, as well as a night job and freelamce work, lived below my means while I payed off debt, drove my first car (a minivan I'd had since highschool) till I had climbed the ladder to a comfortable degree.
Then I bought a used Lexus for 13000 cash and enjoyed myself.

They have decent paying jobs and no other expenses. If you are single and aren't spending tons of cash on frivolities then you can save a whole lot real quick.