/ORG/: STORY EDITION V7.0

ITT: We welcome back green xj fag from his adventure with all his pictures and stories.

Bost yourself on this map so that we can meet up and actually off road one day instead of just shitposting about it:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Last thread:
>Search for white XJ ends
>Chronic shitposting
>Offroad short bus
>Burb range banned
>KO2 circlejerking
>Jonesposting
>Skidplate sales
>Legit questions
>Missed gets
>Agroing yellow yj guy
>Chugging hot sauce

Other urls found in this thread:

outdoorgearlab.com/Cooler-Reviews/Coleman-Xtreme-5-Day-70qt
themorningfresh.com/tag/car-camping/
michigan.gov/sos/0,8611,7-127-1585_1587_1588-25476--,00.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cheesus man

Lol jeep

How bad of an idea would it be to weld the rear diff on my winter beater/daily? I've never driven a car with a welded diff, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect or how dangerous it could be. Not worried about tire wear, I just don't want it to become unsafe to drive in certain conditions or situations.

Mr. Furfag did it, so that should tell you how bad of an idea it is.

Horray!
> Un-range banned for the time being...
Welp, the first meet up of /ORG/ officially happened!

Turns out the other Burb who posted 2 threads ago lives a quarter mile down the road where I used to live.

His burb needs some TLC, but it's rock solid for $1400. Just has a bit of rust on the lower rockers that needs bondo/welding, and he needs new pads as well as a bleeding of his brake lines.

Hey Taytay! You know I live 10 minutes from the Founder's brewery right? You want me to send a care package just let me know haha.

I feel your pain. There were good reasons I originally sold my old YJ. I miss it and I don't at the same time. As far as reliability goes I'm going through a similar situation with Murphy. As soon as I get one problem solved, 2 more pop up. It's a game of whack a mole. Sometimes I have to remind myself it's a marathon and not a sprint :-\

Green XJ Fag's trip is not until 1st week of April . . . got the desert itch though, so currently scheming a daylight savings hatred pre-trip.

>not including my bumpie in the 'previous thread section'
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But it's not installed yet.

Im not that Green XJ fag. But I strive to be one day. Been on a few myself.

How hard is it to live in a car?

Depends on the car and where. Totally doable if you just go camping.

I was out getting a burrito and heard a REALLY loud pop from my rear end, and not like the locker locking up or anything, like a super loud bang like a half shaft broke, luckily that wasn't it and this didn't happen, but I have a feeling something got fucked..... god dammit.

Let's say I plan to go somewhere out of state and back without checking into motels

Anyone got a solar panel powered minifridge in their off roader?
Wanna live in my car and just save money.
Anyone got a how too?

delet this

Hey, I'm the owner of the stolen XJ, haven't been on in a few days, pretty busy. Still missing. Did I miss anything about that?

I just want to lift, eat, learn, and sleep.
If I can't refrigerate properly, I'm gonna have to rely on beans and all that salt would be shit for me.

this idea sounds good at first, but turns to shit very quickly. Anything more then a month or two and this idea become massive shit.

>Did I miss anything about that?
/org/ car thefts are now up 300%

we also have patented /org/ state of the art key less car starting technology

suck my flipper

If I buy a Jeep mj, can I read write ups for the similar year xjs and just use that, as far as mods go?

How so? My mom's house is only about 100mi away or so and I have a few friends near by, so I could always crash for a night or two.
No way I can afford Californian rent AND go to school at the same time.

I wouldn't suggest a minifridge, but there are dedicated off-road-friendly electric coolers that do the same thing without spilling all over the place

>My mom's house is only about 100mi away
>I have a few friends near by, so I could always crash for a night or two.

see that changes things living if your car become total shit day after day after day.

After a while you end up missing your comfy bed and a nice meal. plus your always stuck in your car, and bums + parking lot security + cops will hassle you all the time.

why not become a need and live in moms house 2 save money?

She's on a mountain 42 mi away from the nearest next town, and over 50mi away from the next college?
I basically am ok with everything you just said except I need a place to store my parishables.

Get a fairly cheap cooler and buy ice when you buy groceries. This one keeps it food-safe for about 4 days, or you can spend $400 or so on one that lasts almost a week.
outdoorgearlab.com/Cooler-Reviews/Coleman-Xtreme-5-Day-70qt

And eat dried beans instead of canned beans you dummy. No refrigeration needed, and if you're camping you probably have a fire going for cooking anyway.

themorningfresh.com/tag/car-camping/

Yeah, they should be close enough to identical.

How much does ice cost a month with this method?

Probably a couple dollars a bag. Have you never bought a bag of ice before?

If it's a short term thing you won't spend enough to make up the difference between the cheap cooler and the one 4x the price.

hahaha
blue land cruiser guy
i have me eye on it

>Have you never bought a bag of ice before?
Never
And I don't know how long each bag will last.

>And I don't know how long each bag will last.

well they lose their usefulness when the melt :^)

If you actually read my post and the linked review, you'd see that it lasts 4 days depending on ambient temperature and how warm the food was when you put it in the cooler.

Am I allowed to shitpost with you street legal fags?

Please do

Santee. You?

>managing to build something that's not street legal in fucking Murrika
Apart from ATVs, how the fuck do you even do it?

no gtfo

that shit looks so fucking sick

Its California dude, even my street legal shit is borderline.

Anyway, desert trip this weekend if the wind doesn't fuck it all to shit.

The only way to make a stereo legal rail that I know of, is to use a beatle floor pan and shit.
Which makes them heavy and limiting

Time for glamis shitboasting.

I don't off road much with my trugg. I sold my jeep. Sand rail is all I have now.

And I can't complain.

Lakeside/El Cajon

Basically you just need to have proper lights, turn signals, seat belts, etc and have it inspected by the DMV

Register it in a non-cucked state.
michigan.gov/sos/0,8611,7-127-1585_1587_1588-25476--,00.html

Ive never tried otay cos 2wd ranger, and nobody to go with. How gnarly is it?

What's a good, new, Off-roader? (I mean, can do the minimum standards as stock, and can be later on modded to be a proper OR).

I don't have one anymore and I hate not having it here anymore.
YUROP, so I can get things like the L200, Ranger, VW pick up, etc. too.

Been driving on my locked diff a couple days now, no problems at all other than people staring at me when I turn, it sounds like I'm doing a burnout every time I turn lol, off roading it's night and day, going up shit I couldn't touch before like it's nothing.

The Taco is 2wd and it does fine. It's mostly dirt service road, but there's some offshoots that are pretty fun that I'll do whenever I go out there.

Also makes a good place to aim my lights and do rattle tests (the road is all washboards after it rains)

mitsubishi shogun, toyota lad cruiser, suziki jimny, jeep wrangler, and dacia duster are all good. plus jeep sells cars here so overnight parts from the greatest country on earth

You live in the desert and have never seen snow.

From what I've read online, lockers aren't that bad in the snow, better than an open diff where one wheel just spins and you don't go anywhere.
All you have to worry about is oversteer in turns.

Also, it snows plenty here, I've been in the snow a ton, and lockers definitely help.

Yeah I seent your pictures with light adjusting. Maybe /org/ otay meet after I unfuck my clutch. Or with a fucked clutch, whatever.

You should hook your winch hook to your sway bar. It's unsafe to just have it dangling like that.

We had a wrangler, and it lasted us a very long time, but it also needed constant work. Everyone liked the thing though.
Forgot about the Pajero, will try one.
Land cruiser might be 2big4me.

Heh, I'd get one, but I don't need it to be that cheap and I don't want to work on it the first few years (will be shared with family).

What year wrangler? Buy a TJ or YJ or CJ and you won't have that issue.

JK (don't kill me), 2007.
I would enjoy a TJ, but it has to be new. I'll buy it but my direct family will be using it regularly as I'm abroad constantly.

Fridays are always good days for me and I'm always on /org/ so whenever you're good to go to Otay just let me know, man!

That being said I probably won't be doing anything until I get that new bumper mounted up, so I'll be a week or so until I'm back in the dirt

So I'm having my uncle who's owned and restored over 80+ different cars.
Which should I get?
>Isuzu trooper
>Jeep GC
>Some truck w/ a shell?
Budget is 3k

Or I can just reel it back in when I put my battery back in.

Isuzu
s
u
z
u

>Jeep JK
>consistently needs repairs
Yeah sounds about right. If you're going to buy any new Chrysler product, that's what happens.

Might as well just settle for a Rubicon at this point. Toyotas are the obvious other more reliable alternative.

Meh, it will be a while. I work pretty much every day of th month. I get 4 days off a month if I'm lucky.

Isuzu Trooper.

How is this a conversation?

Fucc dude. I take mostly night classes so luckily I get some time off almost every afternoon.

Either way if you get some time off let me know

desert does not equal no snow retard

literally a turn signal and tag away from being street legal what the fuck makes you think you're so hard user?

wuts heaviah, a thousan suns, o a suburban

what did he mean by this

I'm intrigued! How do you plan on routing it?

BTW, how is the progress on your diesel swap? Ever figure out how to get the TCM to communicate with your PCM?

Wasn't it left in Oakland? 0_o

Not too hard to live in a car. It gets complicated when you add luxury and excessive belongings...

Hell yea!

No. Pittsburgh.

did you rescue your joop yet?

you said you found it in oakland
imposter

>I'm intrigued! How do you plan on routing it?
Clock the Holset so the output faces downward, then route it to the passenger side of the IC. IC up to the driver side of the engine with a Peninsular upper plenum. Super easy to route. Could even flip the factory upper plenum 180 degrees and trim it down if you're on a budget.
>BTW, how is the progress on your diesel swap? Ever figure out how to get the TCM to communicate with your PCM?
Still collecting parts. Just going to buy a TCM for a 94+ step van with mechanical injection.

honestly youll be fine.
campgrounds are your best bet but if you arent near any, parking lots of 24 hour businesses are great places to sleep. walmart in particular is your best bet but 24 hour gym parking lots also work.
see if you can build a sleeping platform for the back for extra comfies

>Isuzu pooper

>f too shitty pooper duty

BANNED REEEEEEE BANNED REEEEEEEEEE BANNED REEEEEEEEEE BANNED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

reported to the fbi

are you angry Tacoma guy?

Yes.

s-sorry

>Now his identity is stolen

I think he means the one in CA witch is close to Oakland

>find angry tacoma guy - check

the fuck - check

hahaha
poor fucking guy can't get a break

i don't think so
he spelled it with an "h"
i think it's just another shitposter

THATS A COOL EDIT FRIENDO CAN I SAVE IT

Haven't we taken enough?

yes you may friend thank you for asking
i also have a carrot in my anus!

>anus
shhhh. don't say that word user. You might give a specific poster some naughty ideas

>i also have a carrot in my anus!

Found it!
sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5961021339.html

>that headliner WEW

>mfw the new Bronco is going to be a rebadged Everest