Why the FUCK are modern trucks so damn big...

Why the FUCK are modern trucks so damn big? They're all huge! The even the """"small"""" trucks now are larger than most full sized trucks from years past. Why doesn't anyone make a small car sized truck anymore? Those are the most useful for everyone who isn't driving around a construction site or some other bullshit

pic related the new 2017 chevy silverdado

Because tiny dicks

99% of new truck owners only used them to go to the mall

Rimz not big enough and too much window, 3/10.

>not using gms new rim technology

CAFE emissions/fuel standard laws in 2012 base everything on wheelbase. The formula skews it so larger trucks can get away with more.

Now you know.

why not give it a wheelbase like a tiny gas sipping car

That way it'd have to adhere to very strict emissions regulations, which are pretty much impossible for trucks to meet.
Make it bigger, and you can guzzle gas all you want.

No profit margin, doesn't impress your neighbors, they'd have to give it a more powerful engine to do truck things, lowering mpg.

UTE, IT'S A UTE. THEY'RE ALL FUCKING UTES YOU CUNT

REEEE

There is zero reason why a company cant make a light truck with
>4cyl
>200hp
>sub 3500lbs
>30mpg
Zero reason why this cant be done.

because those are the trucks biggest costomers. if you are a car company you try not to fuck with what works. if it doesnt work you go back and start again.

Why not sub-2000lbs with 60hp?

gotta fit all the bulls that pleasure my wife in the cab.

>2017
>not being a trucc cucc

I can git something grateful small in the fucking bed of my truck

I wish burgerland got utes

But that's fucking stupid and ensures that vehicles will be even larger and make the mileage even worse.

Every car has gotten bigger because of muh safety. Look at the Honda civic for example, it's bigger than 90's accords

Trucks have gotten so fat that they can do this and keep the same amount of bed space.

>he doesn't own a 90s 4.0 ranger

Terrible trucks

in what ways?

the fact that it's a squarebody alone makes it better than anything made after 2001

seriously that man needs a coolbox, what the actual fuck

Because you search a 2500 Silverado, so no shit they're big.

It's also a shame too, they arent being used a trucks anymore. Just glorifyed family haulers because they're cheaper than a bare bone stock fullsize SUV.

>rust
>unreliable
>electronics fail
>terrible mpg
>terrible power
>terrible ride
>terrible drivetrain
>terrible steering, brakes, throttle feel
>terrible clutch components
Just terrible

Can you at least get the best work ute ever made?

>4.0 with a 700r4
>unreliable
kek

I mean I'll concede the mpg point when it comes to shit like ecoboost lol but the rest is fantasy or your own fault.

Because neighbors will think you're ISIS.

My friendo had a 96 Ranger, he had some rust issues with the frame. I don't know if that's common but that kinda sucked.

>look up coolbox
>it's a shitty fucking toolbox with a bluetooth speaker/battery bank built in
>for $200
Who the fuck would buy one of those?

remember when trucks could take getting hit by shitbox sedans and keep going?

i do.

I don't think bigger equals safer. I think bigger cars have the potential to be safer, but judging by the latest crash tests by the IIHS, more sedans score highest in front crashes than pickups.

This is, of course, relative safety. The IIHS has yet to release a video showing a low scoring pickup crashing into a high scoring sedan, and somehow I think they never will.

Does this truck just scream my owner has a huge cock or what

not gonna lie I rolled my ranger on the street once coming around a corner and it was totally fine besides some crushed fiberglass fenders

Not bad. Although I prefer old boxy s10 pickups that nobody but me likes.

more like a CUTE

>Corporations couldn't possibly influence US legislation!

They make more money off of bigger trucks - and they sell more too. The companies were willing to accept the loss of compact trucks to please the Obamadministration.

Looks like it rides like shit

Nobody really wants small trucks though, aside from Veeky Forums. People either need a big truck to tow their travel trailer or toy hauler or a crossoverish type SUV that the whole family can fit in. Small trucks can't tow as much which would scare a lot of people away.

Trump is going to bring back the Syclone

i like new trucks bigger from the factory, my only gripe is that they are too high to just sling your body into, but too low to actually need running boards, my jeans always rub on the bottom and get mud and dust on them

Yes, but government bureaucrats are retarded and have zero ability to think of consequences for their actions.

It's the fender flares, bulging body panels and big rims that make them look so fat and bloated. The wheelbase and width of trucks hasn't changed that much in 20 years.

What is a fleet truck? Or you could get the base model and not add every option and gizmo.

People """""NEEEDDDD""""" heated and cooled seats, heated and cooled steering wheel, jewtooth infotainment syetem with 9000 speakers, leather. Then they go and bitch that the truck is too expensive.

95% of trucks on public roads are not hauling anything at all, including nothing in the bed
90% of SUVs on the road are transporting only a single occupant - the driver

>Nobody really wants small trucks though
a million mexican drywallers would disagree with you.

Did you even read the post you replied to?

Every single "new" truck I see is just one middle aged guy driving around with nothing in the back or being towed. And half the time they drive like they own the damn road.

Your dick does nothing 90% of your life, Why don't you just cut it off?

You have to use something 100% of the time or it's useless?

The third world is irrelevant.

>The third world is irrelevant.
>implying i'm talking about the third world

if you see a D21 on the road, there is a 90% chance its owned by a mexican in the construction industry.

Every single "new" sports car I see is just one middle aged guy driving around with no intention of taking it to a track and pushing it's limits. And half the time they drive like they own the damn road.

What is it with beaners and rusted to shit quarter ton trucks?

>california is irrelevant

They're cheap, a little better on gas than a fullsize, and haul enough stuff to get the job done.

>implying the mexican populated areas of the US isn't third world

Shit even the east Indian trades guys here roll around in half tons and they're some cheap motherfuckers.

only in obese burgernistan.

Listen here u truck cuck, just because you need to move a couch or tow a lawn mower twice a year, doesnt mean you need a 4 door extended cab 85 inch tall truck. An old S-10 satisfied almost any homeowner needs, and wasnt obnoxious.

but mileage in trucks now is a whole lot better than older trucks

>california is irrelevant

The rest of the world is waiting for you faggots to sink into the ocean. We'd have 600hp shitboxes by now if it weren't for your meddling emissions hippie laws.

I like boxy S10s. My family has/had an '84 as the "family truck" since before I was born. It now sits with a dying transmission because I'm not living close enough to put serious effort into saving it.

IMO the 80's boxy-truck aesthetic is one of the very few design styles of the 80's I like, and is my second favorite overall car/truck look behind 50's trucks.

I'm sure most families don't wan't to mexipack into an S10.

I just bought a new F-250. It's my daily driver. 90% of the time I don't tow anything and am the only occupant. The other 10% of the time I'm either towing something large, carrying something large in the bed, or carrying passengers and small stuff in the bed. I paid for luxury 90% of the time and actual truck use 10% the time. If I had gotten a non-truck I'd lose 10% of my usage and not be happy. If I'd gotten a smaller truck I'd lose 1% usage and not be happy.

I get the ability to use it as a truck and comfort driving daily for the same price as an F-150. Just worse gas mileage. Smaller "reliable, work" trucks are for poorfags with no credit or reliable income or vices that can't afford both comfort AND work capabilities.

I'm sure most families have two cars and also don't go camping.

You can easily tow a camper with an s-10

There's like 7 travel trailers and 5 boats on my street. Every RV storage lot here is packed. Lots of families go camping, especially the ones into off-roading.

>BILL OF RIGHTS NOT BILL OF NEEDS etc. etc.

ITT crybabies bitching about what other people like and what other people do with their earned money

so is that why trucks are bigger and bigger? of course not

Yeah a pop-up maybe. I've owned s-10&15's. They're definitely not towing trucks.

uh not really, maybe if you compare a 1975 F-150 with a big block to a V6 F-150 from this year
Most of the time trucks with their standard V8's get the standard 17/22mpg they've gotten since fuel injection

Ute = monocoque, i.e. the body and chassis are one thing

truck = body on frame, i.e. the body and tub sit on a seperate chassis.

I attempted to tow a tractor with my i4 s10.
It would have on pavement too, it got it a few inches but didn't have enough traction.

>TFW 80's Nissan pickups can do the same work as any half ton pickup with a carbureted 4 banger
>TFW a Volvo 240 is rated to tow 3,000+ lbs with just a trans cooler

what the fuck has happened to cars in the last two decades, they've become as superficial and disposable as smartphones

>the government did something stupid!

Stop the presses.

nice one, user :)

its not just trucks. all cars are getting huge. a Honda accord is a full sized sedan now. a new mini is bigger than my old Honda accord hatch.

10% of people who own trucks (farmers, ranchers, construction workers, utility workers) are using them as trucks 90% of the time. The other 90% of truck owners use them for hauling furniture every couple years, or maybe they have a pristine, unused, expensive toolbox taking up 15% the bed that they use to justify having an 8 or 10 cylinder, 13mpg """""""'working truck""""""""
>they don't go offroading
>they probably use 4wd twice a year
>they might tow a boat or ATV trailer a couple times a year
>the bed simply isn't used
>they pay a premium for a luxury interior because manufacturers know that it won't be destroyed by mud, boots, and tools, but instead by McDonald's cups being knocked over and dog hair
They were built as work trucks but have become the Lexus for frat boys, insecure people who live in the city but try too hard to be country, and Tough Guys™. Except they aren't actually luxury vehicles.

>Smaller "reliable, work" trucks are for poorfags with no credit or reliable income or vices that can't afford both comfort AND work capabilities

or those who like to separate their work vehicles from their comfort and fun vehicles?

>Except they aren't actually luxury vehicles.

they are though. modern american trucks are 4WD hotrods with a superflous bed.

>poorfags
>dailys a truck

>not owning a big ass f-250 for hauling shit and your conefag machine and also owning a gas sipping 4 banger , and a shitbox car for cone fagging

COME ON NOW poorfag

The inside of these new truck are like big leather cushy vaginas

I want my bench seat back damnit

I daily a Ram 1500, because I work in agriculture.
If you show up to a job in Ag with a fucking prius, you will have a bad time.

>ram 1500
>works in agriculture

good choice cleetus im sure that thing is a great daily and really reliable

It depends where you live I guess. You must live in Floridia or somewhere with no wilderness. Here people are dirt biking or quadding in the summer and snowmachining in the winter. It's also fun taking a truck on logging roads and recreation land trails.

>can't afford both comfort AND work capabilities.
first of all
>implying nip trucks aren't comfy as fuck

second, real work trucks take a fuck ton of abuse. your luxury vehicle would be busted as fuck within a month. if you want to be a retard that spends luxury car money on a vehicle thats going to look like ass, go for it.

>I want my bench seat back damnit

Buy a base model or fleet spec model then... Nobody's forcing you to get the $70k laramie-longhorn-pantantler-harley-edition .

I'm in office 99% of the time, but regardless, men in Ag drive pickups. That's just how it is.

May no be the most reliable truck, but I can just keep throwing junkyard heads on the engine and it will go forever.

>Nobody really wants small trucks though
spoken like a true basement dweller who has never had a job that doesnt involve flipping burgers or scanning barcodes

>I daily a Ram 1500, because I work in agriculture
I daily a land cruiser, because I work in agriculture. Enjoy your counter productive vehicle.

>I work in agriculture I need a truck
>"im actually an office cuck"
LMAO
FUCKING OFFICE KEK
TRYING DEFEND OWNING A MALL CRAWLER THAT NEVER SEES ANY ACTION
TOP KEK

You must sure be confident when you pull up next to everyone else in their lifted Chevys with your Toyota.

>giving a shit what others think

i bet you let your wife cuck you too

Currently waiting on my brother, then I'm hitting 4 miles of dirt road to pickup a trailer and bring it back into town to get a f250 project.

Try again.

Yeah, the truck is still going to be fuckheug

>not giving a shit what your employers think

Okay

>small penis thread

no one cares about you and your micropenis mobile.

I could do that with my Miata

utes, pickups, and tray tops are all different things.

If you can't deal with an extra inch of body compared to a older truck then maybe a truck isn't for you.

if your employers give that many fucks about what you drive you should get a new job, one with less circle jerking faggotry

>implying even rednecks think chevy is better than toyota

>You must sure be confident when you pull up next to everyone else in their lifted Chevys with your Toyota.
Yeah I do because I'm not insecure about my penor size.

>then I'm hitting 4 miles of dirt road
OH DAMN SON
THATS SO HARDCORE
LIKE SO FUCKING HARDCORE
FOUR MILES OF DIRT ROAD? SHEEET SON

Look at this shit