Vids:

>Celica GT4
youtube.com/watch?v=PyVBT6Bjxq4

>Toyota Drift Build
youtube.com/watch?v=etHxUhDgazU

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XyecbgPfKKI
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/1997-toyota-celica-gts-coupe-2-door/1237972610?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

>Scion tC edition

Well sure. I'm deploying soon so I'm gonna take it to the dealership and see if it needs anything done or changed or replaced so I can hoon the shit out of it as soon as I'm back.

>tfw first grille I take out in it calls it a really nice car even when the interior is full of plastic

I made a good choice

Yea the toaster mobile was embarrassing desu. It looked tacky asf

I loved the box, I would have kept it for life if some drunk foreigner didn't total it.

Don't do that murdered and chromed theme again pls

Soon

>1 (one) Camry
>is actually a Solara
Wtf, I thought it's the most popular American Sedan?
Should I add mine? (can I be fucked enough to go downstairs?)

>"""""manual""""" mode

That's up to you user. We are in an auto enthusiast board and the accord is superior for an enthusiast. Especially in manual.

yeah i would like the versatility and the more powerful engine. im getting the standard trans since i hate 4ATs with a passion. arent the transmission and engine stronger and higher quality since its the high trim? Also, will it only take high octane? I was thinking just 89 will do

The 2zz is a high compression motor and requires 91. You could probably use 89, but it'll retard the timing and you'll lose power and efficiency. Also, clearly Toyota thinks you shouldn't, so I would just put 91. The 2zz is a really great motor though, a lot of fun to rev out... So I've been told at least.

ECT power always makes me chuckle. There's nothing like flipping the ECT power, overdrive, and locking the trans in 2nd before surprising my normie passenger with turbo boost. Makes me feel like an autistic wannabe fighter pilot.

I see. So I guess I'll have to go easy on the gas then.

I suppose. Once you accept it, buying 91 isn't so bad. Try using gas buddy to find the cheapest gas around, and always fill up when you see it cheap. If you know anybody with a Costco membership, mooch the fuck outta that.

The paint on the tC is clean thankfully, the reason the front of the box was black was because of the neglect of the previous owner to the paint. I plan on leaving the tC exterior stock, no light tinting or painting or decals or anything like that.

I'd like to do something performance wise, but nothing really provides any real gains besides a turbo and I don't want to put a turbo on a camry engine really, so I think the tC is going to stay stock until I give it up.

trips never lie

Don't give up this early, Veeky Forums

We need more blogfagging

There's always wheels and lowering springs.

Rig a bottle to drip near the lights
Get banned at every car meet ever

For being l-lewd?

I was thinking about doing something like this actually for the meme value. Pretty sure it's illegal here to have anything on your headlights though. Don't want the fuzz to crack down on my shit.

so those guys with the angry eyes headlight lip is not allowed?

I never really see them around here, but 90% of the car scene here is Honda's and Subaru's. I'm sure it's fine, but having a big dark eye decal in the center seems like some shit that would get me pulled over in Quebec. The cops there hate English Canadians for some reason.

Do you live in a cuck area or something?

>tfw you can't afford Lexus lc500
Why even live bros
How do I make enough money for when it comes out
Sophomore in college driving a 2010 corolla

>Quebec
user, I'm so sorry.

I'm in Ottawa which is also as bad, but the nearest touge is in Gatineau. Ontario is pretty shit, but Quebec is the worst. They pull you over for bullshit if you have Ontario plates, and they even made stance illegal, not that I'm into that.

I think I've finally decided on the engine setup I want with my 86. Keep the exhaust I have (it's something similar to a Fujitsubo LegalisR) and get the Tomei Poncams plus the Matrix Garage 11:1 pistons for a good lift in power above 4000rpm. Lastly I'll also get a second OEM ECU and overclock it by some 10-15% to reach a 8200-8500 rpm rev limiter instead of 7500rpm. With the lighter pistons, upgraded valvetrain and the already installed flywheel that shouldn't be a problem for the engine. With the higher ECU clock, idle rpm will also go up accordingly and the slight shift in ignition point is offset by turning the distributor a little later. I expect to see around 160 hp at the crank this way, or around 130whp.
Any 4age gurus on here who can comment on my plans?

Cams and pistons on N/A plus an exhaust.

>they even made stance illegal,

Don't major in a meme degree

What's so bad about 1zz motors anyways

>Overclock ecu
Is that a thing? I've never heard of that before.

>tfw tg Toyota IQ isn't as high as hg Honda IQ
I've noticed hg always gets replies for 99% of the questions technical or not. Here it's all the casual questions answered. We need more high Toyota IQ posters here desu but they're not showing up

Oil burning

I mean, I can regurgitate tons of research and numbers based on the 7m, but that's about it. Cool Toyotas are too few and far between. The barrier to civic entry is non existent, but how many people even know somebody with a heavily modified 86 or MR2?

What's so bad about oil burning anyways

Yes, you can replace the quartz inside the ECU that generates the clock frequency with a slightly higher frequency one. The ECU and all software on it will run higher, which means that it will read the same rpm as a slightly lower rpm. That also goes for the rev limiter.
Essentially you trick it into thinking that an actual 8000 rpm is 7500 rpm or whatever you choose. Just also means that all settings on the ECU are off by the same margin, including idle rpm and possibly injection amounts and things.
People have successfully done these mods, so the default settings are resilient enough to work anyways. Fortunately the tach and speedo in the dash does its own reading and aren't affected by this mod, so you don't have to recalibrate those.

Pretty much this, I guess.

That's some of the coolest shit I've ever heard. My next car is going to be lightweight and rev happy. The supra is cool and all, but I've always wanted a lightweight screamer. Problem is I can't drive stick because I'm crippled and 80s automatics don't mesh well with high RPM low torque.

Shouldn't automatics work better with rev happy cars rather than slow revving ones? The way I understand the torque converter is that the higher the rotational speed, the more does the fluid move and the better the coupling between input and output.
In my DD Camry, the slushbox goes from soft at 1500rpm to quite decently direct at 4000rpm as internal slip in the torque converter is reduced.

Overclocking: youtube.com/watch?v=XyecbgPfKKI

It's the lack of control really. The car downshifts and upshifts whenever it wants and you're removed from the equation. Not as bad when you can just lock it in 3 and let low end torque pull you out of stuff.

I actually really like the stock rims, I am considering new wheels though. This is my daily so I'd rather not lower it, there's so many bumps and potholes in Florida I would scrape on a daily basis even if I barely lowered it at all.

Considering an exhaust, the TRD one kind of drones apparently and just sounds alright at best, so might go third party.

Hey guys. What options do I have to get more HP out of my 2005 Camry SE 4cyl? Autotragic, sadly. But I wouldn't even mind that if I just had some more giddyup...

There's pretty much nothing you can do except lose weight. Are you a weirdo with big friends? Gut the interior in the rear and literally never look back because it's hideous

As usual, cams and pistons and an exhaust if you want to keep it NA. Fuel efficiency goes down then. Or add intercooler, turbo and ecu if you want cheaper and higher numbers.

About how much HP could that add? Internet tells me I have about 175

Is that a 2L or something? While keeping most things in the engine stock, you can normally get to a pretty reliable 100 HP/L, depending on how rev-happy the engine is made to be.
I know that the 2.2L 5sfe in my Camry could be brought from some 130hp to 170/180hp with those mods. Head design, valve size/shape and so on is made for fuel economy, so getting it close to the 100hp/l mark would need more work. On the other hand the 4age can be brought to 100hp/l quite easily and many get a lot more out of it. You'll have to check online to see what is possible with your specific engine.

OI

You're going to need some bigger injectors to really pull as much HP as your asking for at the crank. IMO it's not worth putting that much into your car and expecting reliable HP without bigger injectors. I know that forums say otherwise, but stock injectors + stock ECU (even overclocked) is only going to be able to do so much to keep from going lean.

Bump.

Nice timing.

I drove a second gen Prius Friday night. It felt more stable than my civic lol

Do I understand it right that when you go rich you start to make soot and when you go lean you just lose power?
Swapping to poncams and pistons work with the stock ECU as advertised at least. What impact overclocking the ECU has, apart from messing with ignition timing, I haven't been able to figure out yet. Tomei has a nice dyno graph for the poncams that goes to 150-152 HP.
I'll have to see about injectors when I've got pistons and cams. Which ones are a common swap?

Well rich will give you carbon build up if it's way too rich, and backfires maybe. Lean will melt a piston. Injectors, or maybe just adjustable fuel pressure might be a good idea. There's gotta be some 86 tuner out there you can call and ask questions. You'd be surprised how many people will share their knowledge of you just ask. Or get a wideband O2 gauge and an afpr after you out the engine together and find out if you're running lean yourself.

My toy car

Hotwheels?

And my real car...
Tfw need rear spacers

Or wheels with the proper offset.

Totally would but I'm poor

what things have you done to it?

I'm a UK bloke who needs onto the toyota general picture.

Timestamp enough?

Gonna do it now.

It's an LS400 by the way

>Or get a wideband O2 gauge and an afpr after you out the engine together and find out if you're running lean yourself.
I guess I'll do that then. If I see either lean or rich mixture, I guess adjusting the fuel pressure should do the trick as you said. Also going to try to scavenge some knowledge on club4ag on the topic.

Yea that's fine

fucked it but yeah its mine

I failed again, it's a 95 LS400

Was an NA swapped for a 3rd gen 3s, kept the s54 tranny cause closer gear ratios and am running TRD springs on Koni yellow adjustables.

Do gay ass yellow fogs and weeb stickers count as sikk mawds too?

>Do gay ass yellow fogs and weeb stickers count as sikk mawds too?

Always.

Thanks for your addition user
95 LS

If I had a dime for every time I've seen this Supra blogged on here...

Hello, Veeky Forums

I sold my is300, now I own this.

1jzgte, auto for now. 70k miles.

I like it so far, can't wait until I start modifying it

Noice. How's insurance?

Was... Actually cheaper than my is300, probably because it's much more old.

Was the IS in the montage? I feel like I would've stuck to the IS. Parts would be easier to find for it.

Really? Isn't it RHD? I thought that cost way more. Is that only a young people thing?

Yeah, my IS was objectively better in every way except speed over the mark ii. But, I love the jzx81. I always loved it ever since I knew what it was, and I've always wanted an old car again. I'm in love with this car, and my heart didn't feel at home with the is.... I know it sounds cheesy, but that's how it is I guess. And no, it wasn't in the montage.

Nah, that makes no sense. I'm surprised too, to be honest since I'm under 25. It's RHD.

2nd gen is best gen

God what is up with foot of space behind the door? Jeez that's upsetting.

based Quebec

Must be where you live. Everybody here complains about how hard it is to insure RHD. Canada/Ontario strikes again.

They really, really wanted to make it a coup kek.
The back is really spacious I don't know why they didn't just make it a sedan if they wanted to be that thicc.
But to normies coupe=sporty

Changing my tranny fluid.

The monkey before me probably torqued the drain plug with a rattle gun, over torqued it the same way he did with my fuel pressure line.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/1997-toyota-celica-gts-coupe-2-door/1237972610?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Decent buy? Looking for a fun-ish 2 door

Just got a 2000 mrs, gutted cats and muffler. Need to fix a few things (hood and gas lever broken) ;)

Can you guys contain your FRS/BRZ retards please.

They don't even know we exist. Direct their autism our way please.

Did you store the tofumobile for the winter? Speaking of fuel related things, is your gas gauge still accurate? Apparently mine isn't.

It's not exactly bad, but opinions differ. I think they're cool, but I've never driven one. You should probably test drive it. Reliability and fuel wise though it's good of course.

Yep, I had it parked on top of a tarp and had a cover over it.

Yeah, mine's still accurate but if yours isn't, replacing the fuel sender is really easy, you don't need to drop the tank like you would with the pump to access it.

How did the old fluid look?

What do you mean broken gas lever?

Kek
The Mr2 fags wanted their own containment thread because apparently tg can't contain anything

well the hood lever is jamed and the gas lever opens the gas lid but it doesnt open all the way, u have to kinda force it. i think hinge issue. google tells me its the mounting for the gas and hood cable possibly.