""""""premium"""""" fuel

>""""""premium"""""" fuel
>thinking that a fuel's resistance to detonation/ignition somehow makes it """"premium"""" or some other marketing meme

This fuckery is the worst meme in the entire auto industry besides """"ultra platinum"""" synthetic oils and le ebin ecoboost

Nice blog post

My car literally needs premium fuel to prevent it from shaking itself apart.

>octane count doesn't matter

lol

>ignites more slowly
>provides a more consistent release of energy throughout the process

Someone doesnt understand compression ratios

i though the worst meme was new cars
premiums pretty good when your running over 10.5 compression

Octane count does. Calling it "premium" is a bit misleading on the basis of octane rating though. There's nothing inherently premium about. That'd be like calling E85 "super mega ultra diamond edition" fuel because its octane is in the 100s.

Marketing gimmicks are the dumbest shit no matter what it's for, but people are dumbasses and still pay extra for brand names and memes. What can you do about it?

Premium fuels contain better additives and surfactants that keep your engine clean and other anti oxidants to stop it from decaying or separating

Also octane is expensive to synthesize so yea it's a premium to pay for premount

the first part of that post is a common misconception.

top tier gas has the same additives for every level so you're wasting money if you pay premium when you only need 87.

>you're wasting money if you pay premium when you only need 87.
Well yea no shit if your owners manual only calls for 87 there's no reason to put in anything else

his post was saying that premium has better additives, I'm saying that's not the case if you buy from top tier gas stations where it's the same for all levels. anything more than that is snake oil anyways.

Then what the fuck do you want to call it? And you can't say 93 because the octane is calculated differently in different countries. Premium is understood as high grade or highest octane fuel.

Is V-Power a meme? Will it actually do all the shit it says it does or am I wasting money? If so, why? If not, why?

I have a '99 Acura Integra if that helps answering at all

What the fuck is v power?

You know that really expensive fuel at Shell gas stations?

It's probably snake oil

literally kill yourself

thanks

what about the FuelShark?

I talked to a trucker that delivers fuel he said there from the same refinery n sir. The only difference is that Chevron put in a bottle of "Techron" holding unit tank thing

Best mileage: Petro Canada 91

Garbage tier:
Canadian Tire, Mac, and Pioneer 91

>le ebin ecoboost
It really annoys me that people don't understand this.

My old Focus ST had 225bhp and did 15MPG.
My new one has 250bhp and does 28MPG.

The "eco" part means you use less fuel for the same power compared to a naturally aspirated engine with higher displacement. It does not mean you will use less fuel than a naturally aspirated engine of equal displacement.