I want a newish shitbox. Redpill me on the Mazda3

I want a newish shitbox. Redpill me on the Mazda3

most fun econobox you can buy

buy a slightly used one with manuel and your set

Older ones are good too

Ex-GF had a '10. Competent, boring, easy to drive. Had a decent amount of power compared to the Lancer I was driving at the time, but that's not saying much. A step up from a Corolla or Civic on styling.

Come to think of it, competent, boring and easy to drive describes my ex too.

Newish econoboxes are stupid. Fix your current one or get a civic for 3k.

>easy to drive
what do you drive?
a 70s landbarge with no power steering?

Good handling
The exterior looks decent, didn't go full ricer as other Nip automaker like Toyota, Honda
Not very powerful engine, but 2.0L should be enough if you live near a city and use it for daily drive
Hatchback is always good for practicality
Avoid the 15/16 models and you are good

>Avoid the 15/16 models and you are good

why? this latest gen has a great facelift/remodel/heck, even a much up to date infotainment system

Well first off, you should know the 3 doesn't actually look like that.

It's fun, reliable, and fuel effecient with plenty of space. Still, I'd rather get a Civic Sport Hatch, or even a Golf if I was willing to throw away reliability.

Mazda moved assembly line to Mexico back in 2015
The transition was chaotic
Wrong fluid were used, some nuts and blots are wrong or not tighten properly, and some other minor issues

I own a MazdaSpeed3. If you plan on modding your Mazda3, just save yourself the headache, pay the extra $5k, and have something a lot better.

But for a good daily with practical design and nice options, a regular 3 will do just fine.

I'd take it over a Civic EX, or Corolla. But a Civic SI would be a slightly better option than the regular 3. But again, the Speed3 will blow an SI out of the water. Atleast that's my experience.

STI>EVO>MS3=WRX>SI>3>EX=Corolla

that fucking sucks. i really want a latest gen mazda3

>STI>EVO>MS3=WRX>SI>3>EX=Corolla

sister had a 2013 3i skyactiv automatic hatchback. a few weeks ago it started whining at like 20+ mph. seemed to be wheel speed related and not engine speed. I told her to get it checked out, probably a wheel bearing or axle. next day the transmission literally exploded. I was sad because I thought it was a good car and she loved it. but now it's gone.

What about a Corolla S?

You can still try to find a 2014 model
didn't heard any crazy manufacture issues about them

Yeah I used the wrong phrase. Just meant everything interior is logically laid out, good visibility, good city car for parking, easy to USE was probably a better word.

I love my corolla S. car enthusiasts will shit on it bIt it's such a solid daily driver good milage, needs window tint though

The top trim is still made in japan

Those are the gayest wheels. Looks like flower petals.

>any corolla but the XRS

Lol

My mom has a 2015 Mazda 3. It's died on her like 2-3 times and the infotainment system occasionally fucks up. I hate how the headrest tilts forward so much. Not a comfortable driving position. The base engine is too noisy and always sounds stressed.

Pros: Zippy little thing. Pretty flat around corners.

>needs window tint though
>modding a Corolla at all

>to Mexico back in 2015

Only for U.S.A

Buy one in canada and its still made in japan

the thing i hate most about my speed 3 is the seats. they are fucking terrible. They dont go down far enough. the steering wheel doesn't telescope enough. having long arms and legs makes this car a nightmare.

Corolla is perfect. Forget about the off-name brands, I heard they have quality issues and recalls, nuts bolt, panels are all missing and loose. Corolla S (with TRD appearance package) is your best bet. It looks way better than the ugly mazda and it's 100x more reliable, plus when it's time to sell, Toyota will command more money. Definitely get the Carolla hands down.

>pic related

>putting sporty wheels on a Corolla
>slower than a Jeep Wrangler

Just look at the VIN to see if it atarts with J. Some are still made in Japan.

The S stands for Sport

Why not Corolla iM instead?
>same reliability
>bonus hatchback
>bonus better looks
>bonus IRS
>bonus features. They're all loaded from the start
>bonus, 6 speed manual available no matter what

Not sure about US but in Canada only the 2.5s were made in Japan for the switch to Mexico late 15 to 16. The current years switched all models to Japan (for Canada). They fucked the dog hard.

The Civic is better.

>ugly than a naked Donald Trump
>shit L15 turbo
no fuck that shit.

no its for special

>shitbox
>newish

It's just an econobox, retard

Mazda is for people who want to be "different" even though it's inferior product.

>t. Ignorant knob gobbler

I never said to get the Mazda.
Fuck that car too.
Corolla iM.

>be OP
>be a fagoot
>Want to make a thread on Veeky Forums
>realize you need an image
>oh shit, trusty google, save the day for me?
>type in car name and find first picture
>as you're a fag, you don't care which
>post on Veeky Forums with shitty artists rendering of a car that there are numerous actual pictures available for
>slowly die of AIDS

the end.

>be autist
>be a faggot autist
>want to make fun of OP
>notice OPs picture
>point it out for no reason other than autism
>bumping a nearly dead thread
>for no reason other than to satisfy the autism
>dont contribute any real or useful information to the thread
>now a worthless autistic faggot
the end