Is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac a good pickup...

Is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac a good pickup? I've been thinking of buying pic related because it has 4 doors so it'll let me carry around people too while also having the versatility of a pickup bed. Good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5999917036.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5990691888.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>two timing chains that are prone to failure

I'd pass. Shame because it wasn't a bad concept

Buy a tacoma

Why do people buy cars to haul people around?
I don't understand that.
I have no kids and I hate driving a sedan

Buy a tacoma or a ranger instead

is this the reason why 4 door rangers were never sold in the US

Tacomas are like $9000 for a beat up mid 90s model

you could probably get a similarly equipped F150 for about the same price and get less crammed interior with a usable bed

But I can find Sport Tracs for less than $2000, F150s on the other hand are insanely expensive even for beat up ones

Get an explorer instead unless you haul small dirtbikes and for some reason refuse to buy a trailer.

But this is only $650

>650$

walk the fuck away son, anything under 1k is gonna be one hell of a clapped out piece of shit

I thought it was a good concept too, but that was a "prone to roll over" model and the Twin I-Beam up front was an Achilles heel as well. I enjoyed a free Explorer, about the same year model, for about a month. Someone lightly dinged it on the driver's side wheel and that I-Beam just snapped. Go Tacoma or Frontier...or even Outback Baja if you can think outside the box.

I can't find any other pickups that run without any problems for that price. I'll buy it tomorrow, will post updates soon

I have an 04 Ranger with a 4.0L thats running strong at now 270k miles (similar underneath), they're solid trucks

>But I can find Sport Tracs for less than $2000
kek. any car under 2k is shit.

What engine work have you done on it? Any other issues?

Any money you save up front will need to be spent in the long run. Buy the cleanest one you can find and start with that. If you can't afford that then you should get a different car.

DON'T FUCKING DO IT

>$650 and under a clapped out piece of shit
This isn't always the case, tripfag.

In OPs case, it is.
>The Sport Trac, for whatever reason, is worth over 2k in bring a trailer condition if the foundation is clean here in Michigan

You can buy a mechanically sound shitbox for $500 everyday.

Body condition is another story.

Living in the rust belt it's not unusual to see a

engine has not given me a problem at all
the transmission slipped a bit, but a fluid and filter change made it way better
Other than that, the problems i've had with it over the past 7 years and 80k miles:
Bad water pump
Warped front rotors
Blew out a rear brake wheel cylinder (slow leak, didn't lose brakes at once)
Front wheel bearings (probably my fault)

All pretty easy jobs, and these all happened between 185k and 270k miles that I've owned it, so it wasn't like all those parts were low mileage to start with

they look cool.

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5999917036.html

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5990691888.html