/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Fuck of Nea, we want Jenny: Edition.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1f)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/
twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=xpqRtaCZ1sk
dbdfan.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But Nea>Jenny

Hello?

>Troll face with an undercut
Versus
>bombshell from next door with DSLs

No contest, Nea is BTFO

The DbD girls just can't compete!

>rank 18 killer game
>only 3 survs load in
>fast foward to 2 in basement and I know the 3rd ones down there
>literally stand there as they all run out so give them another chance
>they all just run into my traps and don't even get another gen done

didn't trap under hooks either out of courtesy since I think it would have gotten 2 out of 3 of them every time

Reposting from last thread because I want (You)r opinions too:

New guy here, interested because of streams, what's the deal with all the negative reviews by people who have 150+ hours logged?

developers of the game don't understand what the problem with the game is and keep issuing changes that actually make things worse causing people to get fed up with the game and post a negative review.

The more you play the game the more you hate it
Around the 100-300 hour mark you'll hate it but then you'll like it again

>developers of the game don't understand what the problem
>Toning down the obscene power of teachables isn't understanding the problem
F-

>find a flashlight in a chest right when I spawn
>it ends up being a wraith

So free dudes.

It's a multiplayer game. It shouldn't be hard to figure out. The game isn't static.

>some perks being good are the problem
>not all other perks being terrible

Enjoying facing nothing but claudette/meg or trapper/nurse senpai.

Imagine a team of devs ( 45 people working on it right now ) with a successful game, where updates and important fixes come out 1-2 months late, who have no idea what they want their game to actually look like, so they do whatever it takes to please the community instead. Every next update looks promising, but I've been disappointed at least a dozen times already, yet I still fuck around in this game because I have nothing better to do ( normally I'd play it maybe one each 3 days for 2h~ ).

t. 700 hours

I don't get how people S run so fluidly.
I try it and its clunky as fuck and 9/10 gets me killed

>not all other perks being terrible
They aren't.
They really, really fucking aren't.

What I don't get is why they even try it. I've maybe missed an S runner once or twice, ever.

Who thought it was a good idea to make Wraith's power vulnerable to flashlights? And why they still didn't remove this retarted weakness?

they needed some addon variety

practice senpai

why attempt to escape on a hook, if you've got nothing left to try it works every once in a while.

It makes sense, reflective surfaces having lights shined on them is pretty bright, and when you're covered by it it could be difficult to deal with, but from a gameplay standpoint it is pretty dumb. He did try and decloak before coming around the corner but I still got the burn off, though it didn't function like it normally does which was weird.

Any of yall watch pickledream?
[s]she cute

>Rank 1's who camp
Literally
Fucking
Why
Haven't
You
Learned
How
To
Play
Yet

>sshe
?

>rank 1s who bot

why is there people such as myself who feed bots so many points

Because fuck it, double pip

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/
You have to go back

I feel like for every bot I feed there's two tunnel visioning face campers waiting for me

i thought [s] would spoilertext

>some retard who dies first tell me I'm not good at juking a nurse.
Like, really?

>implying its possible to "juke" the nurse

forcing a nurse to overshoot their blink is hardly a juke.

Make her think you're going one direction, go a different direction. Sounds like a juke to me.

Plus you can juke her with walls too, just because she can go through them doesn't mean she can see through them.

Press CTRL+S my man

thats like saying you juked a wraith by running away while hes uncloaking

Do you know what a juke is? It's faking someone out so that they overstep and allow you past them. It's the same fucking thing when faking out a nurse to make her blink too far or in the wrong direction.

a nurse having to guess where you are behind a wall because she can't see you isn't faking her out, its one of the few drawbacks to her primary method of movement.

thanks

I just don't get the gall of some of these players who do worse than you and think they're in any position to criticize when they did worse

It doesn't even apply to just nurse.

>You run behind a wall
>Killer tries to cut you off at other end of the wall because that's where you're going based on his last information of your position and movement he had.
>You turn around and go back the other way.

Literally a juke.

Nurse can pick your trail back up faster due to her being able to target anywhere through the wall instead of having to go to the other end and possibly see you went a different way, but it's still a juke. Juke doesn't mean escape, even if you don't lose them, you still juked them in that instance.

in the regular killer example you're outplaying the killers decision after they've made it

in the nurse example you're hoping they choose wrong and you don't just lose to an outcome that might as well be random from the survivor perspective.

Sure, you're clearly not getting it. Call it what you like I suppose. No skin off my back.

Reminder to always bet on Ace baby!

THREADLY REMINDER

Halloween>Halloween 4>Halloween 2>Halloween 3>>POWERGAP>>Halloween 5>Halloween 2 (remake)>Halloween H20>>>Halloween (remake)>shit>Halloween Resurrection>my mum's corpse> sabo claudettes>Halloween 6

>mfw all i need is plunderers then my ace is complete

oh man
fuck perks that map is mine

I had to almost clear a bloodweb in order to get tier 3 plunderer

You can get both if you go gauze then box.

but if you take a perk the entity immediately takes the other

Yes, but if he goes gauze, box, then he can pick up the perk, grab the map, then the spare part with zero risk

thats what i figured after i looked at the web

I'm dumb, I thought you were referring to both perks. My bad friend.

what if you're so good at killer that you facecamp so that survivors have a chance whever normally they would always die?

>spent 70k of the BP id been saving to get 3 toolboxes for sabo daily since I don't have any plunderer

this was a mistake

Just raid chests until you get enough toolboxes to sabo the alloted amount of hooks.

>can take one teachable perk from each character
>Can still take sab, sprint, self care
Why even make this change

The change they want to make is where you can only have one teachable that is not from the character you're playing as, i.e. as Nea I could no longer run bond and iron will

So everybody is going to play Meg or Claudette so they can run SB and SC.

Good. We wont have meta memes stealing our bonds and iron wills.

There's going to be like 5 actual Dwight players. Maybe 10 or so Nea players

Finally I'll be able to see Dwights and Aces and Neas and go easy on them without remorse because they won't run the meta and might just be players that are new or looking to have fun.

>Ace, Nea, and Dwight players disappear off the map completely
>Every Nea you run across now will always have a 90% chance of being Kaz

Hah, I'm still gonna stick with Nea even if the Iron Will I can get is gimped. Hopefully not though.

Remember a few days, maybe even the day before we found out they were thinking about doing this to the perks someone asked "If you could only have one perk for Survivor/Killer which would it be?" Hmmm

dont forget to remake the thread after the big patch hits

>2 prestige 3 Neas in my lobby
Is this a world record?

laurie might be rar'er

WHERE CAN I GET THIS POSTER

ITS NOT ON EBAY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>All Jasons are confirmed to be getting throwing knives to deal with Vanessas
>Cars actually work now
>Firecrackers now stun Jason if you drop them next to him
>you can shoot the flare gun at jason now
>if you miss the flare, you get stunned
>original flare and firecracker use are still in the game
>new map shown off
>if you have high fear will make you red with Jason's sense ability while low stealth will show white rings (noise), you wont glow.
>new ability for jason and Rage is now passive that auto activates
>new clothing shown off

holy shit they listened to us
GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR
twitch tv/videos/117883167

>All Jasons are confirmed to be getting throwing knives
Fuck, I was hoping this would have been something unique to Jason 6 and the other Jasons would have something unique of their own or have a revamped fear/tripping system. This still means that non running Jasons will be bottom of the barrel shit and Jason 7 with throwing knives is going to look out of place as shit.

>miss flare gun
>get stunned

for what purpose though?

balance. basically all the items are going to stun jason now.

Hmm, keys...
JASON CATCH!

>inb4 you can now mace jason with med spray

That would be fucking hilarious and I'd grab the Hypocondriac perk solely for that.

Med spray can be explained. Exploding contents under pressure or a simple fire spray.

>flame thrower med spray

>being objectively wrong

Game is 30% off on steam. Is it worth it?

How much time do I have to put in before I have good perks?

Thanks.

wasn't it in a recent humble bundle at 14$ ( maybe still live )?

you don't need perks to play the game properly ( at least as a survivor ), but probably less than 100 hours to level one character ( killer/survivor ) to teachable levels and then another character to similar level getting those teachables on the way

youtube.com/watch?v=xpqRtaCZ1sk

Oh right, it is in on hb, but the price is about the same.

Offer on steam lasts until February 3rd, so I'll just stick around and make a decision before it ends.

Are there activity stats for it?

I've heard there is a new patch coming, so it's still getting updated at least?

Depends how good you are at killer

Is there a proper way to go about it, or just play and spend points?

Are any of the DLCs worth buying?

if you want to play survivor, always queue up through Survive With Friends as solo

play and spend points

halloween DLC is 5 times better than the hag one

other DLCs are cosmetic

Usually people get the trapper to level 40 if they're playing killer so they have teachable brutal strength

And if they want to level a survivor they get meg or claudette to level 40 for sprint burst or self care
Then you're on your own from there buddy
I've done all that and more and I've got 120 hours but I play mostly survivor and I'm garbage

I'll probably play killer up to the ranks where I have to play cheesy to not get beat all the time, and if that's still fun I'll go on, otherwise I'll switch to survivor.

Why are sabo squads the most entitled people in this game?

>Survivors who get caught and actually have the balls to complain

>Run toolboxes for repair with streetwise
>Get slugged like this because the sins of others
I get why they do it, but its aids

>not even answering yes or no to whether or not Jason could have been killed in the beta
Fuck man I really wanted to know that.

I'm fairly certain you couldn't kill him. There were people devoted to trying every conceivable method in the beta.

wow finally a good OP
right >>>> left though

Anybody remember what that russian website for lobby sniping was called?

dbdfan.com/

Thanks lad.

You can't make me change from waifu just by taking away perks that for the most part I don't use

>I am I playing the killer with the best chasing potential in the game who really can't be juked?
>I better face camp!
Fuck nurses.

While you're here I should mention I started doing this a lot more and its very effective when it works but killers will look for me for extended periods of time and eventually find me

How often should I try and change spot and when do I just leave the area

>unhooking is almost completely useless because most killers camp and the animation is so long you will never get away
Why is it even in the game?

>but killers will look for me for extended periods of time and eventually find me
Make sure you have Iron Will on you, or else your character's pain moans will give away the fact that you're near. Also the killer needs to not have Whispers.

for you to realise there's teamplay potential