Will electric cars eventually pretty much destroy the 'traditional' auto -enthusiast...

Will electric cars eventually pretty much destroy the 'traditional' auto -enthusiast? I don't mean as in traditional cars, I mean the tinkering and such. Electric cars are killer as far as acceleration, being generally cool, etc. but really they are quite boring mechanically with not much going on in comparison to a complicated, hot, exploding, combustion engine driven car.

if it has no exhaust where do i stick my dick?

Not all of them will be complex as a tesla. Once battery technology reaches maturity there will be plenty of very cheap electric cars available which will require physical maintenance. Things like contractors don't last forever and things corode

I think their will be a good thing later on but not yet

wat i wish to see are more performance oriented hybrids that are power by big na v8's to the rear and a large battery for the front with the option to set the power how you want it

thats what i wish to see now

No car company will seriously entertain the idea of a brushed motor in their cars. You lose all the capability of brake energy, etc..

Hell even stationary industrial equipment is beginning to move away from brushed commutated motors. BLDC's are the future.

>but really they are quite boring mechanically
look at this dumb cuck who doesn't know a lick of electron theory.

electric cars run on subatomic matter being shoved around. That's pretty damn cool imo.
the energy also never has to change state, unlike an ICE, where gasoline is converted to heat and pressure which is then converted to motive force, electric motors just take charge and give power.

>look at this dumb cuck who doesn't know a lick of electron theory.

I said mechanically, not 'technically', 'electronically', or anything else. I love electronics, computers, etc. and that is what I do for a career but that isn't what I was talking about. They are absolutely boring mechanically compared to a traditional car.

Yeah, it's pretty cool how energy never changes state when batteries convert chemical energy into electricity, which gets converted to magnetic fields that make things turn.

evidently no one here has ever been into high end RC cars, slot cars, etc.

eventually you will be able to tune the car through an app on the infotainment screen. while also changing out gear boxes and motors.

That's called a 918 spyder

The problem is that most people that want an electric car right now want an ipad with wheels.

the indirect problem with electric cars is redefining the calculation of "road tax". who will pay for roads and related services? will all vehicles be subject to some "usage" tax? will gps-reporting black boxes become mandatory? will highways become pay-as-you-go roads with ez-pass type transceivers.

The EV fad passed last time, and the time before that. What makes you think this time will be different?

>the problem is taxes

Then we kill the government and privatize roads. :^)

Now we're heroes.

>privatise roads
>can't get get your car out your driveway without paying Amazon for the privilege of driving in the slow lane because the fast one is reserved for Amazon self driving vehicles

Tightening emissions and fuel economy restrictions.

Sure, you have the occasional outlier like Trump, but the global trend has always been pushing for less and less tailpipe emissions and, more recently, forcing manufacturers to meet fuel economy requirements as well.

Like it or not, European emissions laws (which are typically the most stringent) tend to trickle down to the rest of the world, and this is the main reason that manufacturers are looking at electric cars - not only do they mean you can sell a car without worrying about making increasingly complicated, emission compliant engines, but in some countries you can use these electric car sales to offset the dirtier gas guzzlers in your fleet.

So, blame the gubmint. Only environmentalists and idealists have ever wanted electric cars, but now the industry is now being backed into a corner.

>fast lane Access is limited to those with Prime membership.
>prime membership isn't 49,99€/$ anymore
>it is selling your first born as pawn to the new feudal lord also known as "Amazon regional customer service manager"
>privatisation of the roads reformed the society into a feudal one.
>yfw you caused this only because you wanted same day delivery

>655835 #
Can you develop a kit that fits in my engine bay to convert my car from ICE to electric boogaloo

>Electric cars are killer as far as acceleration, being generally cool, etc
I don't know if Tesla marketing is really good or if potential Tesla buyers just are that dumb.

There are definitely conversion kits available.

It's probably a good way to go about because then you get the EV benefits without the associated pigfat. Just don't electrocute yourself.

for fucks sake this board is getting worse every day. the mechanism behind a fucking USB flash drive is much more interesting, but it's still a fucking flash drive and nobody cares. you sound like you just came from your 8th grade physics class.

nah battery tech and weight are still a massive issue.

I just want an hybrid car with manual transmission, rwd and enough power.

>hybrid manual rwd
These are conflicting requirements.

Electric cars are super cool. I've gotten to a point where I no longer desire an ICE (so long as it's not the primary source of propulsion).

No they're not.

Regenerative braking is a large part of energy recovery for hybrid vehicles, and since the front wheels do 60-90% of the braking, this means you want electric motor/generators on the front wheels.

Sure, you could stick an engine and gearbox in the back, but then you've got AWD, not RWD.

>not an argument
>autism: the post

The modding community will catch up.

Bro, I totally overclocked my car. Put ohat new battery packs in to overcharge the wheel motors, bro. Running them a whole 20% over recommdned voltage levels!