/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Amelia Edition

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw killed Ludwig on my 3rd try, 1st time seeing his 2nd phase on new game+

Ok I can def do this shit, wasn't sure cause its new game+ but killing that guy was a huge confidence booster.

AYY BREEDING

AHH, KOSM

I wish we saw Amelia's face

she is thw white church hunter after ludwig

Who is the black church hunter?

No, she's not.

The prayer has a different voice actor.

We'll never know what name From Soft gave those two church hunters (+ the one above in research hall) bevause unlike the maingame the people writing the guide wernt given the offical names. Which is why everything in the DLC has boring names that basically equate to "what they look like + weapon", and nothing fancy like "Lost Child of Antiquity" or "Garden of Eyes" or "Edgar, Choir Intelligance".

I WILL HUG THE DOLL
I WILL KISS THE DOLL
I WILL MARRY THE DOLL
I WILL MAKE LOVE WITH THE DOLL
I WILL HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL

>fucking up against orphan with wheel because it's so slow
>being a shitter without my viscerals doing good damage
>no vials
>get clipped and locked into wombs combo, dodge back before the last hit like a retard and take the smash in the face
>5%hp
>dash and accidentally hit square for god knows what reason
>augur does a slow windup and actually manages to parry the leap attack that would have killed me
>visceral and have a charged R2 ready on wakeup
>NIGHTMARE SLAIN

Honestly my worst fight, my usual openings weren't there with such a slow weapon and I got caught on the corpse when he called down lightning but god damn that augur parry got me pumped.

Kos Parasite is also fun as fuck but I hate going full squidward for the enhanced moveset. Ruins fashion, unless anyone has a good clothing mixture for it?

Also how do you guys keep entertained after gem farming? This character is gonna be my overlevelled PvE character but after the chalice slog and running dungeons for near perfect gems I don't have a ton of motivation to keep going.

Hello /bbg/, I finally got my hands on a ps4, but I don't have PS+ for online. How much am I missing out on by playing offline? Just pvp and co-op?

That and access to free chalice dungeons generated previously by other players online.

>Just pvp and co-op?
Yes. No fc or spelunking with friends for you.
Read the OP and don't bother with builds.

> just PVP and coop

Mostly, yeah.

But also player-written messages on the ground, seeing how other players died via bloodstains on the ground showing thier final 10 seconds. And also chalice glyphs where you can join dungeons other people created (without spending any materials) which makes getting gems and loot much easier. Technically you can get everything offline, but it's a huge slog of farming and RNG.

>don't bother with builds
I would say still run builds. 1, he may get online eventually, and 2, it adds a lot of replay value to the game while also stopping the game from being too easy.

I'm planning to get online eventually, since I do still have the free trial. I was just curious about whether to use it yet or not. Thanks y'all.

Gonna be farming Cold Abyssals most of the day if anyone wants in.

Doing radials first, then wanings.

For a blt build, are the minimum requirements for Chicago, Bloodletter and BowBlade enough, or should i bring skl or str to 25 for any of them?

Base STR and SKL are enough if you don't plan on using untricked mode.
SKL is near useless if it's not 50 and only ever do that for the Blowblade or maybe the Reiter and Rifle Spear.
You can bring STR to 28 to use the Church Cannon and some damage on untricked Bloodletter.
Basicaly, go to 40/10/14/15/50/6 and level the rest as you wish.

You can also bring ARC to 18 to Augur parry and Old Bone for maximum edge.

For KPara, madman set works well from Hintertombs or Simons set

To keep entertained, use a new weapon, and fortify it according to the area. This will make the game 'hard' again as long as it is in a stat you havent invested in. If you did a StrArc build last, consider a SklArc, SklBlt or StrBlt build

For chalices, just wait until Friday for FRC spelunking club. If you find Guidance 3 you become komg of the thread until either these threads die or
BB2/ another-Fromsoft-that-isnt-souls-game comes out

No, I would still go for a bit more End and rest into Vit tbqhimofamalam

I'm just giving him options. Just so he isn't dumb enough to use 40 BLT on a BLT build.

Yeah, same dude
40Blt on a Blt build remders it near useless. you would have to be a fuckong moron or brand new to PvP if you thought

Oh yeah to the newfreind, 98 is the meta around here. We say 80-120 is acceptable for the people who didnt initially plan out their builds as the most likely have points in useless stats, but a planned build is level 98, no exceptions

For context, the Reddit meta belives that 150 is meta because it grants the defence hardcap
>Protip:It doesn't do shit
We normally train on them before FC, just proving that 150BL is crap returns

98 is basically enough to max out 1-2 stats and that is all you need unless you fall for the ExtraArc=MoHunterTools meme

>yfw when you realise that you were mistaken thinking 97 was the meta when 98 was in fact the meta all along, so now you get one more whole point to invest in your 2 /bbg/ PvP characters
Oh goody, I'm so excited

I believe anything above bl 100 is just overleveling. Even Moon Blade is a damage dealer with 25/12/50 and people who go 25/25/50 are just try hards who want to use everything at the same time disregarding the purpose of builds.

HMS I presume? I agree anyhow.

>unless you fall for the ExtraArc=MoHunterTools meme
No excuses
bullet spam is a pain in the ass

Can anyone help with BSB.
Level 22, and terrible.

Alright, guys a Loreanon here. I understand most of the lore so elboration is only needed for the newfags if they ask nicely. Here is the question.

>At what point does Kos die?

We know that Kos' corpse being found and the harvest of the unborn unbilical cords was the start of the curse of the hunters. We also know that this must have been an early event in the hunters timeline, as it is definitely Gehrman that visits the Hamlet (as we see in the trailer w/the pegleg) and with Gehrman being the founder of the Hunters we know this is really fucking early on.
However we also know that later on in this timeline Rom was elevated by Kos, when Kos gave her eyes on the inside and made her the Vacuous Spider she is when we find her.
But even more so, Kos must have been alive (or at least unfound) before the burning of Old Yharnam and the creation of the Nightmare of Mensis, as Micolash presumes that Kos is alive, or at least unaware of her corpse being found. We know that OY was burnt down at a relatively recent point in the timeline and Micolash is at a point in which the church was well established, and much longer after the inquisition of the Hamlet, so at what fucking point does Kos actually decide to die?

I meant for standard builds-not the absolute god-tier, actual lore based madman builds
I am making a similar build
at this point in time, but rapehorse is stopping me get BSE and AccBrew. Any tips/good tools against him?

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc

Use fire paper, saw spear and parry him. That boss is great for initially learning how to parry correctly. What weapon you using anyway?
Also I heard somewhere that he is the only boss where you can have 3 summons (Alfred is glitched, and doesnt register so you can have 2 online buddies and Alfred)
For online, set your settings to Worldwide, then tell us what password you are using

Focus on evasion

Also say hi to Hibiki whilst you are there.

I used a hotdog gems cane but you'll have an easier time using Saw Spear with Lower Pthu fire gems. They can be found farming some fire axe skinny guys which I forgot the layer they're from. On first phase go to your left and don't spend too much time under him, on second phase dodge right but try to stay behind him.

Got him to 25% then he grabbed me, great video though 10/10.
Im out of anything fire related because i suck, but thanks for the shitpost guide.

Im using the saw spear, but im out of fire because i suck and wasted it on trash mobs.
Ill keep at it for another couple of rounds before i cave in and use summons.

> set your settings to Worldwide
Holy shit i cant believe i never noticed this.

Don't use antidotes. If you follow Beyonce's advice you'll barely get hit so heal instead of attacking and it'll be over faster.

>Hibiki
Whos Hibiki?

Yeah I know his attack patterns near off by heart but I really am doing a Hunter tool only run. No weapons. Which tools did you use??? Auger is weak, and ACB is too expensive w/bloodbulleting. For the kek factor, when I'm finished, I'm gonna equip the Beast embrace rune when I go full wizard

why is church pick so fun, bros?

Thanks, I did it!

The lurker Hibiki, lacking voice, exists only in form, and is symbolized by this password. Those who post it enjoy a larger supply of cooperators.

fucking kek

Hibiki is actually a real world counterpart of an in game great one/god without a body/form called Oedon (hence Oedons chapel). If you ask for help with honesty in your heart and ring a Beckoning bell with a password, Hibiki need not even look at the password. He just....appears. You then will have a much higher chance of winning as you use the 'Sit' emote and Hibiki demolishes the boss. It was a secret update, only made available to /bbg/ goers

His arch nemesis on this thread is the tripfag fuck off L, you autistic faggot, and go annoy /dsg/ . Near everything it says is just bad advice, and is of mild inconvenience to everyone in /bbg/

he did post a webm afew threads ago with me and him almost being memed by pth elder who looked like he'd leave reality at any moment

When in doubt, use the gloves. The EG is a top tier tool so you need them as fast as possible.
I guess the brew would also be a good match for him but you don't have it yet.

>I'm gonna equip the Beast embrace rune when I go full wizard
You complete madman

fuck i wish i knew the full lore so i could appreciate his work against the bsb moments ago.

Well done! Assuming you didn't pussy out and buy the key, head back to Oedon Chapel, or do some chalices to get some good gems

Either way, TRY not to come back here and definitely DO NOT go on the wiki until you beat the game, its for your own sake.

enjoy a hibki pov here

When the tripfags hangs low, the line between meme and shitpost is blurred. And when the lurker descend, a poster will be blessed with webms.

I actually have beaten the game before, i took my friends ps4 when the game came out.
Im just really bad haha

kek

quick question why dont we merge with dsg? im new here so dont be mean

because /dsg/ only cares about autistic pvp in dark souls 3 and /bbg/ only cares about autistic gem farming
also because /dsg/ is infested with PCucks

because we dont want to be part of their shitty general. its full of shitposting and terrible memes (in comparison to ours). we have some shitposting an an autistic tripfag but its elss and said tripfag also spreads his autism to /dsg/ aswell

/bbg/ only exists because they kicked the old guys out. Let them masturbate to their PCs.

they are different games?

After you beat the game my child. Then we talk. Until then, read item descriptions and talk to NPC's to figure out your own story. Also talking to NPC's at different points in the game may yield different dialogue and items...

>2017
>theres people who havnt been sucked by hibiki
oh wait, there arnt any who havnt been

cucked*
although we likely have all sucked hibiki though

Try to make a solid point about BB there. I can near guarantee you that they will start some PC master race shite, whilst being unaware that one can own both a PC and a console AT THE SAME TIME ZOMG W0T A REVILASHUN WOWOWOW before referring you to 'da crappi consolepleb /bb/ containment bord'.

Tl;Dr-They seem to all act like children when BB is brought up

>you will never be sucked by hibiki

Here I am thinking that would only cause woodrot or rusting
I need to get off /diy/ more

>How many layers of Nightmare realm are you on right now
>I dont know, like 5 or 6 my dude
>You are like a little baby. Watch this
>H I B I K I

i dont want to feel this feel

wheres the fc tonight fuckboys?

what gender is a "hibiki"

She's made of porcelain and love, how much of an effect would the water have then? With how long she's been in service to other hunters, she's probably had to replace parts of herself

>Fighting Orphan
>Dodge backwards
>lol nope I'm gonna jump over you which actually makes it so you dodge into me
>enjoy getting combo'd to death from full health now

god this fight is pissing me off especially when I'm getting him down to like 1/8th of his health consistently

>thinking hibiki has a gender
kek

stop panic dodging then

She's made of porcelain. You can see if you look close enough.

>find artist who draws cute bloodborne art
>check profile
>It's 50% Frozen yuri incest

>not giving sauce
shamefur dispray

It's also because some people like sparking small console wars over there, and BB always gets dragged through the mud. They still refer to /bbg/ as the "containment board" during these little fights. It's not worth it to try anything, we're fine here

murai shinobu

Yeah, but did you beat every boss?
>Main game
>Secret optional areas
>Chalice dungeons
>DLC

My thought process was basically, payed for QS arc explosions vs free shorter range beast roars
Took little time to figure out

>trying to farm cold abyssals
>constant damp ones
why even try

Hibiki if you can hear my cries!
I need help on ludwig anyone got any tips, besides a beyonce music video?

saw is effective, therefore, use fire

I killed all the hidden bosses, did the optional areas, couldn't beat kos while i had the ps4 but i easily finished both wheelchair and the moon dude surprisingly.

dodge under him in 1st phase and to the left in his second. if he lowers his head he is about to charge, dodge to the right so you wont get clipped by his eye mouth. when he does the massive aoe run away then start towards him as soon as it blows up above his head, then strafe round him until he misses you and get like 5 seconds of free hits

dodge left, when he jumps run like hell or roll, stay under not behind when attacking.
second form stay behind him as much as you can and dont get too far away or he does some nasty beam or rush stab attacks. Dont panic.

But i never got too deep into the chalice dungeons.
I wasnt too sure how they worked and didnt really have the time to try it.

What are the hinges made of? Porcelain would make a horrible noise if it was used in a hinge

Hibiki isn't just a gender, its a way of life

Fuck off until later when we decide. I don't think it would be Pthu as people seem not to like it as much as the other two, and there is always 'that' Loran shill.
I would hesitate to guess either Loran or Isz are most likely tonight.

Just so you know, beast mode roar only staggers a bit, can be interrupted, it's different from the tool and it's basically a gesture that does 10 damage.

what would be better in pve: add phys attack +15 or atk vs open foes up 5.8%?

Probably metal, which could have an adverse reaction to the water. I'm sure that she's self-sufficient and can repair herself if need be, and past hunters might have repaired her in the same way.
Although it would be slightly horrifying to find her pulling one arm off and screwing a new one back into place with no emotion whatsoever

if it matters its for a cold abyssal on an arc build

Maybe parts of her are made of wood, her legs seem to have a different texture from her face.

Beware Screaming
but Rating is effective

Fear Screaming,
'Focus on Evasion'

If he screams, dodge as he about to do a heavy attack. When he jumps, unlock and run-he lands on the third droplet. Keep much closer to him after he hits half health but focus even more on evasion

What glyph do you like to use?

Wanna pair up?

open foes

+15%

Where is she getting the hinges from. GODDAMIT MIASAKI WHAT ARE WE MISSING? WHY CAN'T WE FIND GUIDANCE 3? HES PLAYING US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Beast is a curse and a curse is a shackle.

it isnt +15%, its just a add 15