> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13
youtu.be/OvmcWFIDRp4
gameenginebook.com/
theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/06/difference-between-emoji-and-emoticons-explained
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Next demo day when

None of my assets are working with lighting in Unity properly. Every guide I'm using just says you need to set the object to static, but it doesn't work for my models. It only wants to work with Unity's default objects. Is there some crucial step that I'm missing?

Do they have UV maps?

So how fruitless is it truly to try and one man a MMO?

--->>>POSTING PROGRESSSecret rooms now stay uncovered once found

Gonna start separating level generation from player stats to enable actual level progression (something I should've done from the start).

Yes, just plain placeholder textures though. Not sure if there's a bunch of other things I need. None of the guides touch that part.

I'd say over 80,000 fruitless units

>FUCK ANIME THREAD
Dropped. is more to your speed.

Does cloth in Unity need thickness?

What is the most used graphics/game library/SDK for android game development?
What is the most used graphics/game library/SDK for iphone game development?
Is there a library/language that supports both? The only thing i can think of is C++/SDL.
Is it better to develop your game on android first and than port it over?

Quality bait, saved. Thanks m8.

i like you

is your shader lit?

Thank you, sometimes I forget that

DD13: itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13

that's advice for children, not for adults

thanks. This should really be in the OP, by now.

Shader is just standard.

Trying to create a game entirely by yourself is difficult. I can code just fine, but having to teach myself how to draw and make a decent story and compose music is stressful. Does anyone have advice for this kind of thing?

Post a screenshot of your scene etc

I've been debating whether the train should be physics based, or have 'perfect' motion travelling along a spline/equivalent.

I'm leaning towards the latter, I don't trust game physics to reliably follow a track, and it bugging out would be pretty uncomfy.

Am I wrong? I can still fake acceleration on slopes and whatever.

When I import a Blender model into Unity, some of the faces don't appear. I've recalculated normals but it keeps happening.

1. unity reads blend files directly
2. turn on backface culling in blender, sometimes recalculate fails, probably because of shitty topology or duplicate verts somewhere

>Does anyone have advice for this kind of thing?
Story/plot when youre in bed
art when youre stuck on a programming problem.
Final art can be last and iterating placeholders is dumb.
and music can be a level by level basis.
as long as youre making consistent progress, youre fine

you don't even have a train

It's a toy train set, use your imagination

How about using physics but locking it to the axis the train is currently moving along?

is there any reason you'd need physics in the game ?

if not then why add a mechanic to your game that's only going to make it more expensive resource wise ?

How do people find people who would want to work with them on a project? Is there some sort of environment I'm unaware of where people get together to make games?

Bet you feel pretty silly now.

Yeah I could do a mix of the two, where it'll follow a spline but still wobble and bounce a bit.

Fair point.
People might like the train to be able to fly off the track, meme physics and all that, but I guess that goes against the overall theme.

you could fake the wobble just as easily

theres really no reason for full physics here

#REKT
#SAVAGE
#BRUTAL
#BTFO

I find people in AGDG

the downside to not using physics is that you'll have to code some behaviours by yourself, such as acceleration, deceleration, that kind of thing but it'll be worth it.

HOW WILL HE RECOVER

How export bone scaling animation from blender?
How is bone formed?

Why does going back to sleep feel so much better than working on my game?

People to work with you in a project? At paid jobs.

My projects are my own and I 1MA them. I already do enough teamwork to pay for my living expenses.

make a game about sleeping

why is neil young so serious about maids

nice Charlotte clone

that's a nice track builder you got there btw

If you change anything in the OP autists start flailing their arms.

Anybody who actually did some mobile game development point me in the right direction?
If you're given a large sum of cash to make a mobile game. Where do you start?

literally no-one starts flailing their arms at swapping out demodays and arm flailing at changing jams is rare

unity is great for mobile dev

iphone will make you more and the piracy of rooted vs jailbroken is much higher

I'm not scared of actual programming though. Even if it requires raw EGL.
Wouldn't it make most sense to develop the android game in java using android SDK?
And for iphone, using objective-c or swift using xcode?
My question is, what do most gamedevs use?

In the end it has to work on both iphone and android so it doesn't really matter which comes first.

>look at me I'm saying fuck anime when my game clearly is full of japanese/anime influence.

It's on my to-do list

Made the attacks shorter in general

Webm didn't get added, weird.

Anyway, added some more stuff, continued to up the juice, and made the attacks shorter so it changes up more often.

I'm trying to design a magma insect kinda thing, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the head and legs. Any suggestions?

pretty sure unity is the most popular by far. ubisoft uses it for mobile dev, nintendo does, blizzard does, popcap used it for pvz heroes etc
basically every good mobile game has been made in unity. unity makes testing really easy and you can easily build for every platform, including pc and consoles.

literally what

??????? I don't really see any

I'm serious about this question BTW. I want to know before investing time and money into the project

I finally fixed the sitting down bug, now to make my beautiful daughteru some clothes

The only reason a person would post that on Veeky Forums of all places is as a cry for attention, which you are giving him so it worked.

for context this was the bug before the fix :)
youtu.be/OvmcWFIDRp4

STOP WITH THE GAY EMOJI FAGGOT

It's really fucking fruitless.

1. You cannot make enough content alone.
2. Dealing with the net bull and server shit will melt you.
3. MMOs are on the way out.

Make a design doc of the idea and then file it away in case you ever become zillionaire.

I'll take your word for it. Its disheartening but I'm enough of a realist to accept the reality.

Instead, what sort of game should solo developers try to make? Point and click games? Simple shooters? What?

>MMOs are on the way out.
In what universe

stop shitposting and post P R O G R E S S

>Revamped level generation to allow for SECRET LEVELS
>>Really just a closed - off section in the room and the "stairs" teleport you there. Not what I had originally in mind but (mostly) works just fine.

emojis are qt :)

anything that doesn't require a massive playerbase, complex new programming, lots of content, or prohibitive server costs

You're acting like there is no middle ground and by not making an MMO, you're making pong.

You can make complex video games as a solo developer, just not one with hundreds of hours of hand made content designed to handle thousands of players.

Did some odd staircasing.

Please excuse my laziness and not using a tablet

Nice antichamber clone.

Pretty cool

What happens if I dig through it though

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

I was just feeling really nostalgic towards City of Heroes the last few days so I was thinking about making an MMO and shit. The new Resident Evil is pretty cool, maybe I'll use that for inspiration. Time to make game.

Indie first person horror games are pretty common, I hope you have some plans to make it special

Giving the player a gun and actual gameplay beyond random jumpscare simulator x100 or run and hide amnesia clone is already pretty original.

unlike you >:^)

Made sure you can't in this case - would probably have the current state no longer modifiable otherwise, leaving only one of the paths open.

pls take that back
i am a delight

How do I make engine

gameenginebook.com/
Will give you a good starting point to then do your own research into how exactly you want to implement things (or if you maybe just want to use libraries).

theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/06/difference-between-emoji-and-emoticons-explained

You are a blight ;-)

That looks awesome! I'm gonna try my best to emulate that. Thank you!

That just ain't right

nigga u tight

I'm gonna start a fight

well that made me sad, im going to make a hot chocolate with extra mellows, hopefully this will heal the wound :)

Does this look too mega man like?

Learning to draw happy little clouds. One day I will be able to draw them too.

Metroid Prime more than mega man

You should try some different transitions for changing floors. Maybe opacity + zoom (like perspective) into current view?

BRIO could sue you for this, they hold patent for that track design.