I'm looking for a daily driver under $4-5,000 that's easy to park, comes as a wagon/liftback, made in the last 15 years...

I'm looking for a daily driver under $4-5,000 that's easy to park, comes as a wagon/liftback, made in the last 15 years, and is capable of towing a motorcycle trailer (eliminating the Fiesta/Fit as options).

So far what I've come across are:

2003-2007 Foresters/Impreza Wagons (N/A Manual)
2003-2007 Matrix XRS/Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
2004+ Prius

What else should I look for? Off the bat I'm eliminating CRV/Rav4s (too tall/boring) and used Saabs/BMW Wagons (rare/unreliable)

I found a 2005 Volvo V50 T5 6spd with 115k miles for $2900 but I don't know shit about newer Volvos, what's the catch? Why are they so cheap?

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5946089927.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That particular Volvo shares a lot of parts with the 2nd gen Ford Focus. Pretty good car.

get the volvo.
prius a shit

kia soul

scion xb

nissan cube

>easy to park

have you tried having a penis?

>towing a motorcycle
y tho? how often do you do this?

I live in the inner city and use a car every day, so yes the extra 10-15 inches from a bigger car is the difference between clearing a spot and not fitting.

If it was up to me I'd just buy a Land Cruiser.

I keep my bikes at my parents house in the suburbs and want to go to track days. Hence the compact wagon idea. I can fold the seats down and sleep in the back and tow a small U-Haul trailer + a bike (700-1000lbs)

I'll look into the Kia or a newer 2nd gen xB. Those might work, though the Cube is too small.

Buy the Volvo, T5 with a 6speed is rare and quite powerful, at 300 horsepower.

I'd do the vibe/matrix

you're in luck, i had v50
it's an excellent car if you need a wagon
reliable as fuck too

rent a truck for track days and buy a civic.

2006 Volvo S40 T5 owner here. If OP only wants to spend $4-5k on a car you're a fucking imbecile for recommending a Volvo from that generation unless he has another few grand set aside for repairs.

Yes, it's a better car than those listed, but a $5,000 Volvo from the mid-2000's era is really an $8,000 Volvo.

Good thing it's only $2900.
Its a manual, so it won't have the trans problem, the only main issue is the headgasket, which still has 60k on it.

Perhaps it will need work but if he can roll his sleeves up it should be manageable. I had the t5 s40 awd and got to 160k miles before I sold it. Never had any problems I couldn't fix except a wheel bearing for which I didn't have a press.

Epic xD

So it's like a typical European car? I already had a few, but I'm not looking to get another for a car I expect to beat the fuck out of. The one I'm looking at doesn't seem well taken care of either. I'll probably keep looking for a used Matrix/Forester/Impreza Wagon and get what's in the best condition.

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5946089927.html

i have a soft spot for european station wagons. there's nothing comfier. my parents used to have a 2005 audi a6 avant.

I bought my 2006 S40 T5 in 2014 with 55k miles. In the first year of ownership, the following parts failed:
>alternator, leaving me stranded in the woods
>strut springs and assemblies
>engine mounts
>sunroof drain hose, filling passenger floor with 2 inches of water
>all power on entire right side of the car

Again, great car to drive but overall a giant pain in the ass

try a mazda 3 5 or 6
forester/subi

a $3000 2005 volvo is going to end up being a $9000 volvo within a few months

you're at least lucky it's a 6sp and you got 50k or so before you should look into engine work

Why don't you just get a CR-V or Rav 4 and drop the suspension a little, first gen crvs look cool dropped a little bit it's basically a Civic wagon

K24 in the 2nd gen is going to be a better engine though, good torque for hauling your bike

Not stopping you from getting a nice SF Forester either

>Take crossover
>Drop it back to car ride height
>It's a station wagon slightly taller roofline and seatin position

Wow fug so diffigult

For what it's worth unless I find a insane deal on a nice Forester/Impreza Wagon, or Matrix XRS I'm going to look for a Element.

The CR-V is too much of a compromise. Its not really good at anything. The 2ZZ Toyotas are fun to drive and practical. The Subarus are even still not totally soulless, have AWD, and are practical. The Prius has awesome mpg which offsets whatever shitty driving dynamics I could whine about. The CR-V isn't fun, doesn't get decent mpg, and isn't worth considering when I can stuff a bike in the back of a Element and have all the pros the CR-V could have (reliable and AWD).

Which I am dumb enough to do so.

yo you can stick the seats to the side? that's prety neat desu

Forgot the Element has a K24 too, just go with that I guess