Hustle General is for the discussion of any and all ideas for making money regardless of how feasible or crackpotted...

Hustle General is for the discussion of any and all ideas for making money regardless of how feasible or crackpotted they are. Just share any random way of making money that comes to mind and other anons rate and comment on them. Nothing is too big or small here. What'simportant is that we start a discussion.

Maybe you'll find someone you actually want to work with.

お金を得る

I'll start off I guess. One thing that i've thought about alot is making novelty vending machines that accept crypto and cards in addition to cash and sell incidental things like head phones, usb cables, sd cards, socks, and mouth wash in addition to the normal candy bars and soda. Like a little automated bodega.

Probably the real goal withthe idea though is to one day try making a vending machine that really is just an automted store, that sells everything from shower gell to prepackaged sandwiches and coffee, and even connecting the vending machines together on a network so that people can buy things from a mobile app before they get there and pick it up quickly, as well as the app also allowing people to find a machine that sells what they actually want to buy. Furthermore the app would keep track of queeries in a given area to find out what machines should be stocked with.

I've considered side hustling in Adult Games and monetizing it via Patreon ever since reading about how that Breeding Season dev team was making like $200,000 a month split between three people. I'll probably grab a partner (Artist) and we'll chase some big bucks with even bigger titties.

This idea makes very little sense for a 'Side Hustle' or even as a business plan. Firstly you are making something that probably has no demand (vendy machines that take crypto) and competing against ANY/ALL already established storefronts instead of finding a niche to exploit. A better version would be to make an app that could just help you find vendy machines or places to buy snacks. At least then you wouldn't have HUUUUGE upfront cost of inventing and building these types of vendy machines.

>A better version would be to make an app that could just help you find vendy machines or places to buy snacks.

That actually does sound way more direct and to the point, and also sensible.

Meant to reply to

You should read Zero to One, Thiel would shit all over you for the vendy idea. Basically he says that to make an extremely profitable business you need a very good 'secret' to exploit. Google's search engine algo or GE's patented technologies are key examples. It's also basic business to understand that competition is the businessman's enemy, it lowers his profit margins to fight for customers. If you had no/few competitors then YOU get to set the prices at which people will buy your product.

Now everyone post business ideas that: 1. Have a decent and hard to copy value proposition. 2. Will give you a valuable market niche to farm.

Succin dix

My only petty hustle involves the used car market and it's boring.

I buy shitty cars on auction, I don't even try to fix them, I sell them on the internet.

Or I buy from people on craigslist and resell, but I pay an offer in cashcthat day and have my boy with a shotgun hanging nearby.

Exploiting desperate people is a classic hustle. I know the used car industry is a growth market. 22,450 for a new car from GM that fucking sucks gets worse gas milage than older cars and is slabsided and fat as fuck due to CAFE ect..

I would harvest desperation like a medeval peasant harvests wheat but sell at a margin like a modern Jew sells options on gold etfs.

I want to start a shopify dropshipping business (inspired from last weeks thread). Honestly if I make 100$ from it a month I'll be happy, especially since there is a lot of growth potential

Who's the author of 0 to 1? Sorry fo the ip change. I'm somewhere else now.

>Now everyone post business ideas that: 1. Have a decent and hard to copy value proposition. 2. Will give you a valuable market niche to farm.
Ive been thinking a lot about how to determine this, now anyone feel free to correct me but more often than not a good value proposition will offer the customer:
>saved time
>more quantity per dollar
>a higher degree of consistency

Sometimes you can take the same product as your competitors but offer a customer service and customer experience model which provides all these things. That's why optimizing websites or visual merchandise in brick and mortar is so important, but also providing easy payment options that speed up the decision making process but also make it less of a hassle for them to place an order.

Now as for market niches, that's a more difficult one, it's also really where you should start. No point in offering a value proposition unless there's a market for it (betmax was the superior product, but VHS with it's shittier quality had longer runtimes and thus won the market -- tailor your value prop to your market).

I think this starts by looking at your social groups, your family, listening to complaints or wishes from people, and seeing where people will pay a premium, pay substantially extra to get something.

Thinking about disrupting thought patterns or daily routines is good too, like when some major brand added a scent to their disinfectant spray so housewives could "smell" a disinfected room.

Most important is to have an insight or spot a problem that either large companies are not nimble enough to provide a solution for, preferably by leveraging modern technologies to your advantage - like Uber and AirBnb did

Nevermind I found a copy. Reading it rn. Thanks.

I agree partially but would like to point out that competing against already entrenched businesses by doing exactly what they do but better is a hard road. Firstly they probably already have a Warchest(saved funds to fight off new competition), secondly they would also have more experience than you and lastly what stops them from copying any 'improvements' to their business model you make, most likely nothing. It's true there is money to be found where one finds disgruntled customers, just not a lot for the risk and challenge involved.

Another way to find decent side hustles would be to look for things that no one want to or cannot do and do them. The simple example would be a food truck, hungry workers want hot food but can't cook a meal on their break. I heard of a guy who had extended lunch hours and drove a food truck to local industrial district which netted him big money for two hours of work. Keep your eyes out for these types of hustles also.

Tell me more about this, I was in that thread but didn't quite grasp the profit margins.

>Buy shitty used car
>put shitty tablet with relevant apps in it
>Sell as "Smart Car" for double the price

>Firstly they probably already have a Warchest(saved funds to fight off new competition), secondly they would also have more experience than you and lastly what stops them from copying any 'improvements' to their business model you make, most likely nothing. It's true there is money to be found where one finds disgruntled customers, just not a lot for the risk and challenge involved.
This is true. And that's the kind of thing you need to research when you go into an enterprise. I mean maybe they are lazy and totally relying on their incumbency and lack the ability to respond to new competitors... or they will utterly destroy you through "race to the bottom" pricing war.

>Another way to find decent side hustles would be to look for things that no one want to or cannot do and do them.
yes, good way of putting it.

Food truck sucks. This is literally the dream of immigrants who have no skills but think well i can cook shit. You will get eaten alive by regulations and competition

Still a good launching point for thinking - build a hustle around doing something other people don't want to do. Dogwalking is a great example, but obviously be more creative than that.

bump

Bumperionoiu

Sup hustlers,

I've written some niche program for kiddies. Enables some stupid ingame feature for a f2p game. Runs on CSGO now as well. So 5bucks a copy. Made 3digit profit so far but don't have the time anymore to keep expanding. Imo there is still a lot of potential to squeeze out. If there is a C++ programmer looking for a job. I'll pay you 40% net profit if you keep developing and marketing it.

Hustle on, hustlers