Red pill me in Uber

Red pill me in Uber

How much are you realistically making part time after repairs and fuel?

Other urls found in this thread:

rideordriveuber.com/how-to-find-an-uber-riders-final-destination-before-picking-them-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

realistically you're a cabbie-cuck for nu-males and yuppie millenial iphones

don't forget to let them know "where to get a good cup of coffee around here" (free trade organic beans preferred)

Uber only makes sense part time, i.e. you already have an eligible car that won't be used unless you Uber. If you start keeping a car specifically for Uber you will hardly make anything at all.

Thats actually what i plan. Im thinking of getting a used vehicle for part time Uber.

>Ass hurt Haji cab driver detected

Do you need that car for anything else or just uber?

Just uber. I have a personal already so why not?

Well that's tough. Having two cars might negate all profits. You should think about ditching your personal car in that case.

you will make fuck all

Why? What if I'm on my parents health and car insurance plans and if my car was a hand-me-down so there are no payments to be made?
Can I still make money if I'm just paying for gas?

I make an average of $20/hour before gas and vehicle depreciation. After gas, probably closer to $15.
The way I look at it, Uber is a good short term fix if you need the money. When you factor in the depreciation per mile, you're just pulling equity out of your car for a short-term influx of cash

Cars don't really have equity.

What are the ideal hours of operation?
Where do you get the most customers?
Any other suggestions?

they have a resale value with which you can mathematically derive a depreciation expense per mile. With that expense, you can see how much you are spending for every mile you drive. It's equity in the sense that I'm sacrificing resale value for a paycheck now
weekend evenings from 4pm-2am (in California)
During the week, I pick up commuters so residential areas work, during the weekend, nightlife areas and restaurant areas are the best. There's an Uber forum for every major city, check there for advice.
Look up your rights as a driver. You're not an employee and you can refuse service to anyone. You don't have to pick up every ride that comes your way, if it's too far to be realistic or an UberPool ride. Bring a towel. Never let anyone in your car who needs help getting in.

>Never let anyone in your car who needs help getting in
I just reread this and it sounds like I'm saying don't let handicapped people in your car. I mean, don't let anyone who's seriously fucked up (drunk, pilled out, etc.) into your car. I still haven't had anyone puke in my car because I just don't let trashed people in.

It only makes sense if you are picking up people to/from places you normally go to.
Meaning if there is a customer on your way to the store/work/etc. and they are going in the same direction then take it.
Otherwise no. Depreciation and repairs will ensure you net less than minimum wage.

rideordriveuber.com/how-to-find-an-uber-riders-final-destination-before-picking-them-up/

Talked this through with drivers and read the forums. Basically after expenses and taxes you're making about $5 - $10 per hour. 10 when it's good and 5 when it's not good.

Not that much. UBER needs to make the split better for the drivers.

Look into commercial vehicle insurance. Once you have an estimate see if you still want to be an Uber driver.

your parents health insurance, if anything were to occur, will fuck you over.

A lot of people don't do it, but its a good idea to get rideshare insurance.

You can skate around this though.

Just use your normal policy. If you get in an accident during an Uber trip, give the passenger $100 and tell them to leave the scene ASAP. Then just tell the other driver that you were driving alone and make up a reason for the drive.

Lmao

Let's say my car's already got 280,000 miles on it.
Should I drive for Uber with that, or should I get a secondary?

Uber pays for insurance and repairs
Tax break

>Uber pays for insurance and repairs
Where is this the case?

Because you have to pay for maintaince, gas, insurance, the price of the vehicle and if you buy a beater your tips will be shit

Wrong

This is what your typical uber driving idiot doesn't realize. You are basically spending hours cashing out the value of your vehicle.

Do you live in or near a city? The biggest expense will be the cost of gas and upkeep of the car but 2-3 year old car will be ok for it.

You make your normal rate but I think you get a bonus amount for a certain number of rides per day or week. If you can hit those numbers then it might be worth it if you do it part time or on fri-sun. Again if you arent in a big city then it aint worth it as you may get zero booking at the drop off area and a shopping area where people might book a ride will take time to get to and waste gas.

>equity
>car

I'd do it if those faggots would let me use my 2 door vehicle

lmao. kid, no one will walk away for $100 when they know an insurance payout will be in the thousands.

If the passenger is not injured there would be no payout for them.

ive been to kazakhstan and kirgistan and more than every 2nd car there is a taxi and by taxi i mean some guy like you and me driving through the city with his old german car, taking strangers for a ride and getting like 2 bucks for 10 kilometers.
my friends and i still dont know whether they make a profit or simply do it out of solidarity.

you seriously just stand at the street there raising your thumb and 5 seconds later a car stops

If you don't get out of a car after an accident screaming "My neck!" you're doing it wrong.

If you're a good looking guy it can be an easy way to get pussy on weekend nights when the bars clear out.

Uber driver here.

I make anywhere between $50,000 - $200,000 (if I'm lucky). I found a niche in driving rich kids around so the tips can be more than generous.

It can be done provided you are willing to hustle, work long hours and keep networking to build long term clients. Those people who complain they're "not earning enough" from Uber are just too lazy to do anything about so they go complain to the government.

>WAAAAAA THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE REGULATION
>WAAAAAA WE NEED A MINIMUM WAGE FOR CABBIES
>WAAAAAA WE NEED HEALTH INSURANCE AND SOCIAL INSURANCE FOR CABBIES
>WAAAAAA WE NEED ALL CABBIES TO DO LANGUAGE TEST SO WE DONT LOSE OUR JOBS

Plain and simple lazy basically.

LOL. Cheaper and easier to buy a trash can ando just throw money in it... former o/o here

Fake and gay.

Mostly fake though.

>where to get a good cup of coffee around here
An uber driver actually asked me this. I think you got the descriptions mixed up.

I drive uber but will be done at the end of the year.

It's good if you're desperate or need cash. I CAN pull in 100$ per day for about 8 hours work. Those 8 hours include bathroom breaks and maybe a coffee. The 100 does not include tips or gas.
In general, if I work up to 100$ I make about 80 after gas and a bite on the road. On a good day though, the tips will pay for the gas.

It's death on your car though. I've hit 5000 miles and I bought the car with 0 miles in October. :/
Thus is why I'm stopping this year. Although realistically, I'll do it probably here and there for the month of January to make startup costs for muh biz.

also I only uber "daytimes" from about 11am-8pmish at the latest. I don't work nights or weekends but I heard that's where the cash is at. I've seen people pull 400$ in a day on weekends. You have to deal with drunks though.

My dad does it at night on the weekends, he pulls in a lot of money form drunks through the surges uber has.

>cars
>investments
>equity

This is more entertaining than Netflix

>5000 miles
M8y, 100000 miles per year is what commuters usually deal with.

Though I imagine it is death on your breaks and hydraulics.