/scg/edg/ Star Space Dangerous Citizen Elite General #126: Thou Shalt Not Embed Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/16fui1G1
Referral code randomizer (for newfags):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qpfoa/30_and_a_reason_to_be_hopeful/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3.0 WHEN???

Just let it die in peace.

You could drop the planetary hangar. Most stations near landable planets sell one so you can fit it on a need basis. Replace it with MRPs or something. I assume you're engineering the packhounds.

There's a cooldown period, then it'll be back. Days, probably.

no peace for you

fuck I just collected 20 missions before noticing

>I assume you're engineering the packhounds.
I will be. I might use multicannons in the meantime while I hunt down the necessary components

Fucking explain to me how my radar red dot is in the blue, im facing the only fucking tower here, my landing gears are down, and why it wont fucking dock??????

turn around

You're docking backwards.

You're facing the wrong way dumbass.

Then why the fuck were you autists spamming me to fucking face the tower last night???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

When did this happen

NOT THAT FUCKING TOWER

Because "tower" meant "buildings on docking pad" and they're fucking stupid.
The end of the pad with the holographic numbers is the end you're supposed to face.

You can still fight in a ceasefire but you'll be on your own vs the entire side.

A bunch of us in open are just steamrolling them ourselves. There's 7 of us here right now.

CMDR going commando

>fucking face the tower

Probably assumed you were in a coriolis or something, where the pads literally have control towers on them.

Here's a better rule of thumb:

You see that blast shield with the triangle on it that's tilted up? Your engines are supposed to be facing those you aren't washing engine exhaust all over the docking crew.

>connection error
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will shitizens ever recover?

here it is enjoy ^

So I assume 17D has to go from Recovering from Civil War, to Civil Unrest, and then it'll go back to Civil War?

yep it's basically syria

So what's the time frame? A few hours? A day?

3 days to a week its kinda like isis no matter how many losses they will still fucking fight

CIG utilizes boom-bust economics.
>Bust period:
>Withhold all content possible
>Reduce communication with playerbase
>Make official media less substantive
>Funding goes by slow, playerbase is unhappy

>Boom period:
>Release lots of new content, stuff that was withheld in the bust period, even some unannounced stuff such as procedural planets
>CIG is the messiah of gaming and is going to make an amazing game
>+$10 million

I'm in open with fucking no one... managed to kill an f63 before i got my shit pushed in

kek implying they are "withholding" AI

>+4 years in
>still only artwork
hahahahahaha

>last night
last night.

lolinstancing

cunt idiot fuk u
naysayer

loli stancing?

Feels good to be back

I'm surprised you didn't stack a few of those or at least hold out for 100mil to go to the core and back.

I tried too and got killed. Managed to find a couple pretty chill dudes and we killed a dozen or so but it's too hard you need twice as many players at least. I'll try again tomorrow I'm hoping I find a server with a decent group there.

What I mean is that I've been playing for a couple weeks only and I can already see a clear progression regarding FSD jump distances/time played so it's not like you can cover 50LY+/jump in a starting sidewinder, and also how some ships/outfits are more suited to improve that particular aspect while neglecting others such as firepower or defense. I can't really see how any this is wrong from any perspective: lore, gameplay and realism.

Many of us think Elite:Dangerous is wrong on much more fundamental points so it's best we don't answer that

>+$10 million
I bet Derek Smart wishes he had that kind of money.

why don't you include all the releases prior to 2.0?

why don't you save the jpg ($560 to my paypal account), and add those releases next to each month yourself? the modding tools i'm giving you for free.

I didn't fancy searching through their crappy archive for pre-2.0 releases, and 2.0 was multicrew. It wasn't to make them look more incompetent, it just happens to have that effect, taking 3 years to implement multicrew module.

multicrew was possible before 2.0 in freeflight, it just didn't exist in any meaningful sense because you couldn't hop out and get in a friends ship in AC other than the hangout mode.

Didn't have space in the ship for more and it was my first exploration run.

>picture
Best system I found. 2 Earth-like and 2 Water Worlds + First Exploration bonus.

That's not true, we've stolen much more than artwork at this point!

Where's Duke Nukem Forever? That one tops the list and you don't even show it? And Half-Life 3, since we're talking about games STILL stuck in development hell?

>Episode two was a decade ago

I still smell a 3.0 release in august at the earliest and a SQuander 42 around christmas.

How am I supposed to get the rank up missions to appear for Federal?

I was getting them at 17D but it was asking me to haul 48 tons of cargo 374ly and other stupid bullshit I couldn't do.

Just keep refreshing and looking for Federal Navy missions from Fed factions.

I have to say that since Powerplay, I've had no luck getting different types of rankup missions for either faction. One would appear (e.g. smuggling) and it would be the only one that would ever spawn.

FUG.

What podcast or album should I put on before I head into space?

>the only one that would ever spawn.
Worded that badly, I meant that it would never give me any other type of mission for rankup. Even if it disappeared after a refresh, the same mission would reappear. You may have to leave your grind spot.

You can gain rep even at 100%, it will just show up properly after you rank up (i.e. you'll see your rank % begin at more than 0% after getting your new rank). I grinded about 5 ranks' worth of rep and did five rankup missions in a row, but that was long ago. Someone else may need to confirm if this still works.

A-Rank Python or C-Rank Anaconda?

I think we can safely presume HL3 to be dead and buried at this point. Valve abandoned game development altogether in favor of just maintaining Steam.

Combat, no. It will feel like swatting flies with a telephone pole. Trading, yes, but D-rank it.

All their major releases seem to be around Christmas time. I think it might be CR pushing everyone to crunch and get it out before the holiday break so people can't whine, and at least have something to play.

You have to be friendly or allied with the minor faction. Cordial may work but not sure. + 100% on the rank of course.

We have no idea when SQ42 will come out besides that it is at least Q2.

So that will mean that between now and 3.0 will just be 2.6.X bug fix patches and maybe a ship if they need some quick cash?

Yet another year I can go back into hibernation from the world of CIG.

No, as says, we don't know. I'm just pointing out that 2.0 and 2.6, their major milestones, were both released at Christmas time.

We also don't know how far their AI stuff along is. Tony makes it sound like vaporware, and CR makes it sound like it's just around the corner.

See March 2016 had 4 patches.
While the gap between 2.5 and 2.6 was 4 months.

Im stuck in the middle of no where with no gas
what do

Swallow your pride and call the Fuel Rats or self-destruct

6A Shield or 6C Bi-weave?

What's the fastest way to get Trade to Elite?

become a jew

What ship?

Maybe trading, I dunno...
I don't do that shit but I'm pretty sure its ranked on profit so after x amount of credits earned by trading you can get Elite rank

Python, 2 boosters.

robigo exploit during a boom

6A

what is edg up to today

>I'll be patient and picky and stack high profit CZ missions so I can make 100+ mil in one go ez!
>No CZ missions higher than 1 mil reward for the past hour
Is there anything I can do to get more/better missions? I'm allied and all that jazz, everything was going well yesterday, why is RNG always a cunt?

if you do this make sure you never ever go to robigo ever again once you're done

Trying to not commit suicide mostly

but if you do that how will you grind

>load game
>solo
>17 drac cz
>find and kill the smallest shit before geting ripped apart by the order
>end process
>rinse and repeat

I

Outfitting my ship bought with Civil War bux.

Didn't get to exploit as much of 17D as I wanted. But I'll be in a better position next time.

it's in cease fire you dumbass

yeah same i'm leaving my fdl there so i won't have to wait a hour and 34 mins next time

>I'm allied
That's all you can do.

You can try making a login/logout macro but the timings on menu elements vary a lot.

You're a regular motherfucking sherlock holmes you know that?

you're the one complaining about getting lit up when you kill the orders ships

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qpfoa/30_and_a_reason_to_be_hopeful/

Doing those godawful skimmer missions so I can get my Federal BRRRRTship

I wasn't complaining autismo, I was being snide.

With engineers can you make Federal BRRRRTship actually able to turn?

What album/podcast should I listen to in space bros?

what is fa off

How fast do you want to turn?

Hnnnnnng that loadout is rude as fuck. I watched a video and I think it was the gunship or dropship that couldn't turn and got wrecked due to it.

is that the Space A-10?

>tfw made 350 million from 17D
>only caught it on the last two days and didnt even play the whole day

Heading back to rank up with Fed and buy a Federal Funship.

>that much dakka
i'm diamonds, would love to see all those tracers coming out of you

Typically whatever you like listening to normally. I'd personally recommend the osts for VA-11 HALL-A, Hyper Light Drifter, and Furi, all of which are conveniently located on Youtube.

This. Webm of you firing please.

It feels good to throw hot lead across the universe, doesn't it?

>Flys behind you
>Nothin personnel kid
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

What if Elite added guilds and the ability for them to buy/build the capital ships that NPCs use. complete with multicrew and harder missions requiring them.

GO
PLAY

E V E

V

E